Approximate rates for on-property?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
Hi :wave:
I'm trying to put together a trip to DL for next June and can't seem to find any web-sites with DL resort rates for 2006 so I can guesstimate next years rates. I've been scouring all the sites I know to see if anyone would list rates and can't find any. At wits end, I called DL room only # and the guy who answered had me on the phone for an hour pushing REALLY hard for a package. I don't want a package because I have left over WDW tickets but he acted like he didn't even hear me. He kept pushing the dining plan, character breakfasts, on & on when he KNEW the packages weren't even out yet for 2007 :confused3 The whole conversation left me bewildered. :crazy:

Does anyone anywhere know where I can go to look up room only rates for DL adjusted by seasons (off-peak, peek, holiday)?

Any help would be a big help.

You can find the on-site rates directly at DL's site:

Click "Tickets and Reservations", then "Hotel Only".

Make sure to select an off-season night so that most room options are available to you in order to better gauge prices.

M&L

Go to www.disneyland.com
In the upper left corner, under the Disneyland logo, you see the word "hotels"
It will show a drop down menu- listing each of the 3 onsite hotels
On the page for each hotel, there is a menu for "rates". That is the standard "rack" rate for each hotel. It will have the break down by season- the dates are listed at the bottom.

Sorry that I can't link all of that, but you have to look at them one at a time.

LuvOrlando said:
Hi :wave:
I don't want a package because I have left over WDW tickets but he acted like he didn't even hear me. He kept pushing the dining plan, character breakfasts, on & on when he KNEW the packages weren't even out yet for 2007 :confused3 The whole conversation left me bewildered. :crazy:

I am pretty sure you can't use WDW tickets at Disneyland unless something has changed inthe last year.

BWVPam said:
I am pretty sure you can't use WDW tickets at Disneyland unless something has changed inthe last year.

Just so the OP doesn't get alarmed, you can use WDW tickets at Disneyland. I've done it myself in Jun 2006, and there have been a few discussions on this lately. I'm sure they could be found by searching around a bit. :thumbsup2

The www.disneyland.com link won't give you quotes for 2007 right now, so you'll have to put in pretend dates in 2006 and hope for the best. In general, you can plan on $200ish for the DLH, slightly less for Paradise Pier and around $300-$350 for the Grand Californian. *IN GENERAL* I repeat--they can obviously be found for more or less depending on the season, etc.

mareed said:
Just so the OP doesn't get alarmed, you can use WDW tickets at Disneyland. I've done it myself in Jun 2006, and there have been a few discussions on this lately. I'm sure they could be found by searching around a bit. :thumbsup2

Must be new then, because we couldn't do it in 2004 or 2005. Glad to know they have changed this.

BWVPam said:
Must be new then, because we couldn't do it in 2004 or 2005. Glad to know they have changed this.

That is strange because we used our WDW hoppers and exchanged them in May of 2005 with absolutely no problems at all at the gates of Disneyland. They acted like they did it all the time and I actually saw a couple of other families do the same thing after we went through. :confused3

LuvOrlando said:
At wits end, I called DL room only # and the guy who answered had me on the phone for an hour pushing REALLY hard for a package. I don't want a package because I have left over WDW tickets but he acted like he didn't even hear me. He kept pushing the dining plan, character breakfasts, on & on when he KNEW the packages weren't even out yet for 2007

Call again. Chances are you'll get a better person on the line. I've always made my hotel reservations for Disney properties on the phone, because sometimes, if you keep persisting and asking, they'll "find" a better deal for you than the website shows. Write down the CM's name and the rate they quote you, then call again and see what the next one can do for you. I keep this up for a couple of days, and then book. I've always found a way better deal.

You could also check out some of the offsite properties. Many of them are nice, and are actually closer to the parks than the Disney ones. You get free breakfasts at a lot of them, too.

Candy Cane Inn is my favorite: www.candycaneinn.net
Anabella Inn is also nice: www.anabellahotel.com
Howard Johnson's is well-recommended: www.hojoanaheim.com

There are several others that are clean and close, but certainly not luxurious. Good luck!

KimD said:
That is strange because we used our WDW hoppers and exchanged them in May of 2005 with absolutely no problems at all at the gates of Disneyland. They acted like they did it all the time and I actually saw a couple of other families do the same thing after we went through. :confused3

You can use WDW tickets at DL?? That is tickets not APs, right?

mikayla73 said:
You can use WDW tickets at DL?? That is tickets not APs, right?

Right WDW AP's will not work at DL. They let you use WDW tickets at DL since they are more expensive then DL ones but you can't use DL tickets at WDW.

I have seen that some people have found deals on the disney hotels on Expedia,and travelocity..

Thanks everyone :wave:

any advice from experience is good advice to me. Any more tips, keep 'em coming:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter