April 2017 Car Rentals

Alamo dropped for me today by $70 dollars, full size, 2 week rental Apr. 29 to May 13. I am Canadian and not renting in Disney area this year...booked for pick up and return RSW Fort Myers FL.

Using the $25 off coupon, the costco contract ID, a full size is $167.34 today
Tried that and got $276. :/ I give up. Rates shot up yesterday for my dates on both Budget and Alamo. I've got Budget for $181 and Alamo for $225. I'll probably keep Alamo and hope there's a minivan in the full size aisle.

Our late April - early May Enterprise 10 day rental for a minivan dropped $100 two days ago! Yippee!

For those that went in April.....What did you end up paying in total and what vehicle did you get ??? I am going in August for 2 weeks and I am wondering what previous travelers were able to get. Most of you traveled during Spring Break so I know if YOU scored a deal during Spring Break, I have a lot to look forward to at the end of August!!!

For those that went in April.....What did you end up paying in total and what vehicle did you get ??? I am going in August for 2 weeks and I am wondering what previous travelers were able to get. Most of you traveled during Spring Break so I know if YOU scored a deal during Spring Break, I have a lot to look forward to at the end of August!!!

Paid $208 for a compact car for a week April 26-May 3 from Alamo. This was after spring break...still higher than last year.

April 21-29 8 days. I had two reservations (Thrifty & Alamo), but for STD SUV. Thrifty was the lowest, $222. I signed up for the Blue Chip program which allowed me to skip the counter and go right to the garage where a monitor with my name said see agent. All the agent did was say pick any SUV you want. The SUV area was very limited, most said missing key on them. The one that was available was a Hyundai Santa Fe. Which is fine enough, but we like cars with keyless "touch" entry (no fumbling for key fob, very nice when it's deep in the backpack.

So we went over to Alamo where I'm also able to skip the counter. There we found a Ford Edge Titanium, absolutely loaded with touch entry, and navigation, a VERY nice vehicle. So we took that one. The Alamo rental was $277 that I got with the Visa rate code (7015504) and $25 coupon (AD2823JAZ).

We often go in April and I was lucky and persistent to get these rates. For the longest time SUVs were well over $400, but historicly, I've gotten them for in low to mid $200, so just slightly above average. I think that was due to the fact that my week started the Friday that began with Easter Sunday. I saw reports for early May that were even lower.

I think the end of August should get you pretty good rates, summer season wraps up in early august as schools begin to start back up.

Good Luck!

We paid $630-$640 for an 8 seater minivan. We returned the day after Easter and rented for 10 days.

We originally rented a 7 seater van for $100 less but my DH forgot to click the skip the counter so we went in and they do the upswell and offered us an 8 seater for $100 more. I said yes and my DH was willing as it had more luggage space (aka beach chairs and cooler space).

We go out to get the van and they had no 8 seater so they upgraded is to an 8 passenger SUV. The worker said yes it has the extra large back. When they brought out the Ford Expedition (?) the trunk space would not hold our luggage. The idiot girl tried to tell us to fold a seat down. Um..dip s!?@ we currently have 6 people, if I fold a seat down we will have room only for 6 and the whole reason to get the 8 seater was so my sister and BIL could fit vs taking 2 cars.

Needless to say we got upgraded again to a premium SUV, a Yukon XL for the price of the 8 seater van.

Next year I told DH we are renting the Yukon again...$2500...eek! I am thinking of joining Costco just to rent the car.

We were in Disney from April 21 - 29, so 8 day rental at MCO. We went with Thrifty and got a Full Sized (could pick which ever vehicle we wanted from that class - picked a Chrysler 200) for $138 all in. My rental was for $145 but it came to less when we checked in. That was no coupon or special code, just a fluke one day when I was checking. Check and recheck - my rental started at over $230.

I paid $291 with Alamo (and Costco) for a rental from April 5-14. Reserved a midsize and got a full size. I started at $479 for a compact and just kept canceling and rebooking as I got closer to the trip.

We paid $410 for a 7 passenger mini-van for 9 days through Alamo. Our dates included Easter. This price was obtained when we booked our flights last August and never dropped lower using any codes with any rental company that we could find. Most of our problem was the holiday restrictions on coupon codes.

S341840 is a Budget BCD / Discount code that has worked disproportionately well in Orlando (including one-ways to the Port and other Florida cities). I've had good luck with it outside of Florida too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter