April or May 2024

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
Our original dates were April 26 - May 4, 2024. Until I realized my kids have state testing at school April 22 - May 3rd.

Now I’m debating going April 12-20 or May 17-25.

Easter is March 31st and Memorial Day is May 27.

Which is better for crowds? Not to worried about the weather.

Easter is one of the busiest times of the year. May is not so crowded yet (well, it's always crowded but), it's usually a little more quiet as most are waiting until school lets out to go. FL schools do let out around the 3rd week in May.

We've done early/mid May several times at this point and we've always had good experiences both crowd and weather-wise. The closer you get to Memorial Day the busier it's going to be, but still not like Easter. Easter is going to be crazy crowded - that said if Easter is the end of March, April 12-20th is probably considered shoulder season. Crowds these past few weeks after Easter this year have been very low, and if it goes in a similar pattern, could be lighter than they'd be in the lead up to Memorial Day.

We've done early/mid May several times at this point and we've always had good experiences both crowd and weather-wise. The closer you get to Memorial Day the busier it's going to be, but still not like Easter. Easter is going to be crazy crowded - that said if Easter is the end of March, April 12-20th is probably considered shoulder season. Crowds these past few weeks after Easter this year have been very low, and if it goes in a similar pattern, could be lighter than they'd be in the lead up to Memorial Day.
I’m really leaning towards April and basing off the crowd calendars it seems two weeks after Easter isn’t too bad. I am afraid of the week in May being so close to Memorial Day and I don’t really want to travel home on a holiday weekend

I’m really leaning towards April and basing off the crowd calendars it seems two weeks after Easter isn’t too bad. I am afraid of the week in May being so close to Memorial Day and I don’t really want to travel home on a holiday weekend
This would be my vote. I've been watching the wait times on the app and the week after Easter was still busy, but the week after that, times dropped quite a bit.

We found late April to be very nice. The Flower Festival at Epcot was open while we were there and that park was quite busy, but it was a long weekend trip, so probably a lot of locals were in attendance. We had magnificent weather (luck of the draw, but it was delightful!). Early May is nice as well, but the end of May seems to get much busier.

We are looking at April 13-24th so around the same time. There is a race weekend within our dates but not sure how much that will make a difference. We are usually September people but trying something new next year. I am hoping we are far enough away from Easter to help on crowds.

We are looking at April 13-24th so around the same time. There is a race weekend within our dates but not sure how much that will make a difference. We are usually September people but trying something new next year. I am hoping we are far enough away from Easter to help on crowds.
The whole far enough out from Easter thing was my thoughts too. I was watching this year and it really seems to “die off” about two weeks after Easter which is the week we want to go. We don’t plan on doing any parks on the weekend so hopefully the race won’t affect us any.

Our original dates were April 26 - May 4, 2024. Until I realized my kids have state testing at school April 22 - May 3rd.

Now I’m debating going April 12-20 or May 17-25.

Easter is March 31st and Memorial Day is May 27.

Which is better for crowds? Not to worried about the weather.
I was at WDW april 15-23 and honestly the crowds were very manageable. Even at universal we were able to do both parks on the same day.

Hi! We are in a similar boat as we will arrive on April 6th 2024 (the Saturday following Easter weekend) but we will probably not hit the parks until April 8th (Monday). We will be there for 2 weeks so I'm hoping that the crowds will be OK. I hadn't thought about marathon and cheer events though....should we be worried/mentally prepared?

I was at WDW april 15-23 and honestly the crowds were very manageable. Even at universal we were able to do both parks on the same day.
Thanks for giving me hope! We are intending to enter the parks on April 9th 2024 as our son will turn 3 on April 10th, 2024. I am concerned that the cost savings of him being a "Guest of Mickey" might not outweigh the inconvenience of high crowds....the crowd calendars look like 7-8/10 for the first week we plan to be there. I'm hoping they're wrong lol! At least the calendars predict crowds will fall to 5-6/10 from April 16-20 👍 That would be good for the OP's dates and for our second week!

Last edited:
Hi! We are in a similar boat as we will arrive on April 6th 2024 (the Saturday following Easter weekend) but we will probably not hit the parks until April 8th (Monday). We will be there for 2 weeks so I'm hoping that the crowds will be OK. I hadn't thought about marathon and cheer events though....should we be worried/mentally prepared?
I’ve heard the cheer events don’t really make that big of an impact on the parks because they only get a two or day. I heard the real problem they cause is the noise levels at the resort they are staying at.

I’ve heard the cheer events don’t really make that big of an impact on the parks because they only get a two or day. I heard the real problem they cause is the noise levels at the resort they are staying at.
Ok great thanks! We're staying off-site so should not be impacted by that at least!

Spring break ends April 14 next year. I already researched it
April 8th week in 2024 is school vacation week here in CT. Mass is April 15th week since school vacation in MA is always when Patriots Day is (on April 15th). RI is also April 15th week. So April is a big month for northern school vacations.

We went on school vacation this year. It was also easter. It was crowded but we still did everything we wanted. The only bummer was airfare was a ton $$$$$$$$$ more because it was school vacation here and easter. If we waited a week after easter I noticed the airfare went down a lot. So that's one good thing about not going at easter - it will be cheaper!

Last edited:
I have always found May to be preferable to April but even January has become far more crowded then in years past. I would do what fits your schedule best. If your kids are out of school in May it would be more relaxing to not have to make up missed work imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter