April or Nov???

grover

DIS Veteran
We have been to disney in both Oct and Nov, for our next trip we are thinking possibly April or Nov.
I like Nov as the weather is perfect and crowds were low and it was value season!
What should I know about April before making my decision?
I know that easter is early next year so we would plan later in the month to avoid it.
So give it to me-the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!!!
Grover in Winnipeg!
:cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :cool: :)

WE LOVE APRIL! In fact, we started to plan a March Break 2004 WDW trip, but abandon the idea because we love April sooooo much! So now we are planning April 2004 trip. We picked April after looking at the weather charts and crowd charts. It's low humidity and very little rain, temp avg is about 83F. The weather is perfect. April would be more crowded than Nov. About three weeks after Easter the seasons goes from High to Regular. The crowds are managable. I love heading south just before the summer, it's like a reward for enduring a long cold winter. All the spring and summer clothing comes out in late Feb and March so we always get to buy a few nice new things before heading to FL! Enjoy planning! S

I like April 'cause you warm you bones up in FLA and then come back to Canada just as the weather is nice here too!LOL

But then again, the main thing is you are going!:cool:

Scratch
:smooth:

You have to be more careful about crowds in April. School boards schedule spring break through different weeks of April and March and of course there is Easter. I have found that even the Thanksgiving crowds are not much to cope with vs. the spring. My vote is for Nov.

Gary

We went the third week of April last year. For two weeks. We left two days early and headed (drove) back home. The humidity was unbearable by 11a.m. I would definitely try November. We are. Good luck!

I agree with Scratch, "the main thing is you are going." :)

We've done both, and enjoyed both, but would probably choose November over April. Although the days are longer in April, the lighter crowds of November won us over. :)

Well it looks like we have decided on November 2004.
We do like this time of year, the weather is nice, the crowds are good and it is value season.
Hopefully they will have a CND special again!
Now all the other details--where to stay??
How do we get there-fly,drive??
Where to have the wedding ceremony-onsite/offsite??
And on and on!!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

what was it that changed your mind about Jamacia/ other places?
I thought the Disney cost was too out there?

Hi Wendy, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings are wayyyy out there in cost...
I have done alot of research and joined another message board devoted to disney weddings. Many of the brides with FTW seem a tad frustrated with the level of service they are rec'ing, calls/emails not returned in good time. I think that if you are spending 3900.00 USD minimum for a plain wedding you deserve some service. For that price you get the ceremony site/officiant,champange,cake for up to 10 people. Not alot of bang for your buck! Of course if you want/need anything extra it is more.If you have more than 10 guests you then need to have a custom wedding which means you have to spend a minimum of 7500.00 USD-can you believe that!!
I then discovered two other options, a company called Just Marry does weddings at the Swan/Dolphin, they are much less but still pricey. There are also a 2 wedding chapels within 1/2 hour of disney that do weddings, they are much more reasonable in the prices, I could have a wedding for about 1500.00 less at one of the chapels. I would still be on my own for our wedding dinner but that is the case with all of the options. I like the Swan ceremony location the best, it is at the cresent terrace,it is beautiful, it on your right hand side just before you go over the bridge walkway to the boardwalk. But the frugal side of me is saying go with the chapel wedding and splurge on a nice dinner onsite and then an illumination cruise for everyone. That is probably what we will do, so it will be like 1/2 a disney wedding!!!!
I am thinking of Spoodles for our wedding dinner,we like the boardwalk and then we can do the cruise.
We just couldn't get excited about a tropical wedding...and then looking at the cost it would still be close to 6000.00 to go where we wanted, plus almost all packages are for 7 days and some immediate family just can't take that type of time off, with disney they can come for how ever many days they are able to. There is so much more to do at disney as well.
I LOVE planning things so it will be fun to plan a wedding somewhat...the fun details anyways as once I choose a place most everything will be taken care of . I plan on doing my own invites, newsletter, welcome bags-need disney facts/hidden mickey info for that!
Ohh I could go on and on!!!
Grover in Winnipeg

"Planner Extraordinaire" could get her Disney (semi) Wedding, so far it sounds wonderful. I've also been over on the wedding board (I am already married, but looking for idea's for 20th/25th renewal) so I hear you on the "little bang for the U.S. buck" comments.

I'm glad you decided on Nov.'04- I really liked it last Nov. when we went. BTW Nov.'04 is probably when we are going back again too. Still working on Dh.

LOL- looks like we are on the same vacation schedule!
We will most likely head down same time as last year-for the start of the long weekend, the crowds surprisingly were not bad at all (MK not included-but when isn't it crowded on a sat night!).
We will have to meet up again!!
Many people plan vow renewal there, You must have a good 17 years to go before your 25th though!
Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Wow Grover - you have been busy planning. I would definitely go for November. Are you talking 2003 or 2004 if you choose November? I bet you can't wait!

3 1/4yrs for 20th- 8 1/4 to 25th

THIS TIME I'm going to do it the WAY I WANT! (yes, that was sound deep rooted anger you just heard.)

Wendy

We just got back from our early April trip. MK was busy (it always is) but the other parks were deserted. And we didn't find the traffic as bad as it sometimes is. We went to PI one night and got parked in the 2nd row at DD. I will definitely go in April again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter