Are cabins close to camp sites?

tmfranlk

Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.
How close are the cabins and campsites? I am planning a family reunion to Disney and am considering staying at Fort Wilderness. I was thinking about a couple of cabins for grandma, the babies and those with health issues (plus the benefit of the kitchen!) and campsites for the rest of us (probably all tents, though we'd want electric hookups). Would we be very close together? Would it be a quick walk or a good hike?

Any suggestions or help you have about the FW area would be most wonderful as I've never ventured over there!

Thanks!!
Tia

Hi Tia
If you look at a Ft. Wilderness Map, you will see that the 2000 Loop (partial hook-ups) is fairly close to the 2100 Loop (cabins). We camped in the 2000 Loop a few years ago when our friends were staying in cabins in the 2100 Loop. This worked out fine for us - not too far of a walk, and we used to meet for the buses at the 2100 Bus Stop. We also would walk to the pool located in the cabins area - my kids actually preferred that pool to the Meadows Complex pool which, although it is bigger, is usually quite crowded also. The only drawback to the 2000 Loop is that it is a bit out of the way, but we camped there twice and had a great time. There are two comfort stations in that loop which is nice. Another idea might be to camp in the 1100 (full hookup) Loop which is right around the corner from the 2100 Loops. I have not stayed in the 1100 Loop, but don't believe there is a bad loop in Ft. Wilderness!

The 2100 loop is cabins and the 1100 loop backs right up to it. 1100 is a full hook up site loop. A canal divides the 2100 & 2000 (partial hook up) loops. Make sure you note your request on the reservation and follow it up with a fax to the Front desk a few days before your arrival.

we stayed in the 2100 loop and there was a paved path that connected it to the 1100 loop. we used it to walk to the campfire. The 1100 loop was full of Big RV's at that time (feb.2002)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter