Are Disney Parks gonna start charging people money to meet characters and make them for Chase Card holders only?

I don't see it. Characters are included in the park ticket price. They may do some sort of "special" character meet and greet that is more "exclusive" (no lines, more time for pictures, etc), but I don't see regular character meet and greet opportunities going to a "pay" format. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it ;)

I don't see it. Characters are included in the park ticket price. They may do some sort of "special" character meet and greet that is more "exclusive" (no lines, more time for pictures, etc), but I don't see regular character meet and greet opportunities going to a "pay" format. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it ;)
You don't see it because this doesn't make any sense. Someone just made it up. The amount Chase would have to pay Disney to make this work would be insane if Disney was even willing to do it (surprise, they wouldn't).

At the time of this post, there are over 4K views and 61 (now 62 comments here).

Must be a slow time for news!

That being said, my cousin's best friend's dog walker is friends with Jamie Dimon's dog walker and she's been able to confirm this is all true.

Disney and WDW just can not increase there attendance. So Disney are going after the more wealthy middle class people. Giving them a better experience. Paid for fast passes, paid for meet and greet. Being able to walk into restaurants when they want.
The rich can used a guide for $900 a day for this service. Noe they want to go after the middle class

Disney and WDW just can not increase there attendance. So Disney are going after the more wealthy middle class people. Giving them a better experience. Paid for fast passes, paid for meet and greet. Being able to walk into restaurants when they want.
The rich can used a guide for $900 a day for this service. Noe they want to go after the middle class
Not quite accurate. Florida Govenor has stated ok for WDW to increase their attendance if they wish as he is very pleased how WDW has handled their Covid protocols. Some have mused that around Christmas the max was increased from 35% of capacity to 40%. We will know for sure with the earnings call this Thursday.

Not quite accurate. Florida Govenor has stated ok for WDW to increase their attendance if they wish as he is very pleased how WDW has handled their Covid protocols. Some have mused that around Christmas the max was increased from 35% of capacity to 40%. We will know for sure with the earnings call this Thursday.
Disney isn't listening to the Governor. He probably would have let them open with no restrictions in place.

so so so much to unpack on this topic, but this really isn’t the thread to debate capacity

we simply don’t know when (if) character meets are returning in 2021 and what they will look like.

Paid or not, it’s anyone’s guess at this point, and no one (seriously, no one) knows what’s going on at the Disney HQ besides the fact that the are hemorrhaging money from DL and DCL which has WDW pulling the weight with D+.

If they need additional paid character meets to satisfy their pockets, they certainly aren’t going to consider someone’s feelings on the matter.

I am 100% that if character meet and greets return they will either be paid, or not paid, or a benefit of a Chase card, or only available to people with service animals, or will include food items that go along with the theme of that movie.

It will definitely be one of those things... if character meet and greets return. 😂 😂 😂

Honestly, I'm really sad we weren't able to spend more time discussing the Festival of Finance coming to Epcot! I know lots of people with a dozen+ Chase cards and I'd hope that they'd have special events for their most loyal cardholder base! 🤣🤑🤑🤑

Exactly. The FL governer would be fine with disney restayrants and bars being 100%. He would never say no to anything they wanted to do. Disney's restrictions are becasue Disney wants them.
Why do people refuse to actually read all of the post. My answer was to the post that WDW cannot increase attendance. I simply said yes they can. I am not arguing whether or not they should or if they even want to. Simply, that IF they want to, they have the support of Government.

Why do people refuse to actually read all of the post. My answer was to the post that WDW cannot increase attendance. I simply said yes they can. I am not arguing whether or not they should or if they even want to. Simply, that IF they want to, they have the support of Government.

And I was agreeing with you. The restrictions disney has in place is because they want them in place not because the government is making them.

I doubt it. Disney mostly doesn't even confront line cutters. I doubt they're going to have their CMs start policing someone taking a photo.
I don't think that is what they meant, I think they meant having a CM take a photo with your own camera or phone is done, as they won't be allowed to handle personal property of others for safety reasons and I think that may indeed be the case.

Exactly. The FL governer would be fine with disney restayrants and bars being 100%. He would never say no to anything they wanted to do. Disney's restrictions are becasue Disney wants them.
Not quite accurate, Disney's restrictions are in place because they think they will loose business if they aren't in place and/or that there may be some legal liabilities if they don't make an attempt at keeping things safe. Additionally they are in place because they want to convince California to allow theme parks to reopen as well and they can show that they are doing so safely, even though state guidelines would allow them to do things differently in Florida than they are currently.

Not quite accurate, Disney's restrictions are in place because they think they will loose business if they aren't in place and/or that there may be some legal liabilities if they don't make an attempt at keeping things safe. Additionally they are in place because they want to convince California to allow theme parks to reopen as well and they can show that they are doing so safely, even though state guidelines would allow them to do things differently in Florida than they are currently.

Which is the same thing. Disney is putting the restrictions on not the government. Be it for PR reasons to get people to come, be it for trying to get CA to open the end is the same. Disney is the one putting on the restrictions... not the government.

I went in January. If disney wasn't doing what they are doing I wouldn't have gone.

News flash! when you enter the park you will be given a pedometer you can not be taken off until you leave. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE NUMBER OF STEPS YOU TAKE.

Is it the kind that counts with the swinging of your arms or is it going to be GPS based, otherwise it is going to be interesting watching everyone walking around not swinging their arms. I actually have a device ready to deploy that allows you to "rest" your arms in a flexed (think typing position) position hooked to your belt and does not allow swinging of the arms. I am going to make a fortune selling these on etsy.

I also heard that bathrooms are going to be charging by amount of liquid evacuated. Learn to hold it or don't drink much. New thread on the Budget board coming, "Better to sweat it and let it drip than pee it and pay for it". Oh and dont even think of getting rid of anything "solid", Disney will own your home by the time you get to leave the bubble.

Last edited:
I also heard that bathrooms are going to be charging by amount of liquid evacuated. Learn to hold it or don't drink much. New thread on the Budget board coming, "Better to sweat it and let it drip than pee it and pay for it". Oh and dont even think of getting rid of anything "solid", Disney will own your home by the time you get to leave the bubble.
This will tie in nicely with the movie version of Urinetown: The Musical I hear Disney is making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter