• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are doctors and medical clinics become difficult to schedule appointments these days?

Fewer doctors, more patients, aging population, so definitely. Also along with aging population is that doctors and nurses are retiring at a record rate and they are not enough replacements graduating to fill their shoes.

I usually get an appt about a week or two out for annual checkup and blood work. The earliest appt available is 4 months out.

Just had my annual gyn appointment yesterday. Earliest mammogram available is Dec 27. I've usually been able to get one in about 2 weeks.

Fewer doctors, more patients, aging population, so definitely. Also along with aging population is that doctors and nurses are retiring at a record rate and they are not enough replacements graduating to fill their shoes.

You are absolutely right. I retired last year at age 65 after 44 years as a hospital based RN. Even before Covid, there were warnings about the nursing shortage & how much worse it was going to get because number of staff that would be retiring all at the same time. Add Covid into the mix & even more staff than expected retired or just left. My sister is also an RN & retired this past Friday at age 62. It‘s a few years earlier than she planned, but she had just had enough.

Our long time dentist is my age. Last May, he said he had no plans to retire anytime soon. By December he had sold his practice & retired January 1st. Nursing schools have had to limit admissions because they don't have enough educators for over a decade. Medical schools have the same issue now too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter