Are drinks really not included??

davidmolliesmum

i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate
We've only ever cruised with disney, this year are thinking of 10 night Caribbean from Cape liberty, weighing up pros and cons... Any advice greatly appreciated.... Will be me 33, DH 34 DS11 and DD9 traveling,

Are soft drinks not included in cruise cost????

You can have coffee, tea, iced tea and tap water for free. Premium coffees (i.e. Starbucks,etc), flavored teas, sodas, etc are part of various packages. This is as recent as our 12/15/14 cruise.

Please know that you don't HAVE to have a package (of any sort). You can purchase drinks "a la carte" so to speak. Packages only make sense (IMO) if you think you'll drink enough (or at least close to enough) to make it financially feasible.

On our cruise in June, DW & the kids all got the Royal Replenish (soda & non-alcohol). I drink alcohol, but I didn't get a package.

Some of the ships have the Freestyle machines also and offer more than just soda such as sparkling water, flavored water, powerade, lemonade etc. I LOVED having sparkling water!

You can have coffee, tea, iced tea and tap water for free. Premium coffees (i.e. Starbucks,etc), flavored teas, sodas, etc are part of various packages. This is as recent as our 12/15/14 cruise.

To confirm, are standard drinks such as regular coffee (i.e. non premium), soda and juice included in the Main Dining Room or say in the Windjammer?

To confirm, are standard drinks such as regular coffee (i.e. non premium), soda and juice included in the Main Dining Room or say in the Windjammer?

Soda is not free. You must pay for it.

Juice, not the fresh squeezed, is included at breakfast.

They are available in both the Main Dining room and Windjammer.

Available but not necessarily included. Coffee, tea and milk are always available without charge in the MDR, buffet or through room service. Soda is ALWAYS an extra charge no matter where you order it.

My family and I have never purchased a drink package, but you have to take into account that we do not drink much alcohol and fancy coffees. Any time I want something, I just walk into the Windjammer and grab a lemonade, coffee, water, etc. I also get ice tea and coffee at dinner.

If you enjoy alcoholic drinks or fancy coffees, then the packages may be cost effective for you.

I just returned from a week on the Oasis. I had bought a twelve pack box of sodas at the grocery store, taped a luggage tag on the side and dropped it off with my luggage at the pier. The box of cans made it to my cabin just fine, although one of the cans was slightly dented (it might have come that way).

I asked my cabin attendant for ice in my cabin (which was refilled twice daily) - and I did not need to buy the soda package. :goodvibes

If you consider the substantial price savings you can purchase almost any drink package and still save money over the disney cruise. I would still like to do another cruise with disney but the price keeps going up and out of where it makes sense to me. I am going on rccl in 32 days and it cost my family of four $1500 versus the $4000 it would have cost to go disney. That is a lot of soda.

We've taken two 10 night cruises out of Cape Liberty. Great cruise both times. The beginning might be a little cold but they get you to the warmth real soon. We have never bought the packages alcohol or soda. If you're a big soda drinker it might be worth it. We just bought all our drinks ala carte. Have a great cruise!!

Also not everyone in your party/cabin needs to buy the package. On our RCL cruise only my husband bought the package. So that's something to keep in mind if only one of you drinks soda. I also got an Arnold Palmer from the Windjammer every non-breakfast meal we had there. I had to ask for it, but they were happy to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter