Are magic bands coming to DLR?

The scanners aren't RFID, though. They are barcode scanners.

I imagine Star Wars land experiences will just require scanning your ticket in various situations as well.

Has anyone tried punching a hole in their actual plastic pass in order to put it on a lanyard without having to put it in a plastic pouch? Like they do on cruise ships with your room key? I'd much rather have a Magic Band to wear, but in the meantime I'm thinking an AP necklace will be the next easiest.

But they do not even have a DL version of MDE, where you can link members of your party(?) yet.

This is not true. There has been a Disneyland app for quite awhile now, where you could check wait times, find out where characters were, check menus and make reservations, etc. Now, with the implementation of maxpass, you can link your party to make all fastpasses together. I've been using the app for over a year, and just Thursday we used maxpass and linked our party of 7 in all of our apps for fastpasses.

Has anyone tried punching a hole in their actual plastic pass in order to put it on a lanyard without having to put it in a plastic pouch? Like they do on cruise ships with your room key? I'd much rather have a Magic Band to wear, but in the meantime I'm thinking an AP necklace will be the next easiest.
Along the same lines, I'm considering making a copy of my AP to put on a retractable badge reel.
The AP card and phone use different barcode formats, so I'll experiment with several versions.

Has anyone seen the Maxpass patent floating around that has plans for an RFID bracelet as well? Also can anyone confirm the rumor that these bracelets will supposedly be tested this winter (2017)?

Has anyone seen the Maxpass patent floating around that has plans for an RFID bracelet as well? Also can anyone confirm the rumor that these bracelets will supposedly be tested this winter (2017)?

Barcode scanners were just added at rides recently. I see no way they replace those later this year with RFID scanners

Fun Fact: The touch points at Disneyland ARE capable of accepting RFID embedded tickets and bracelets. RFID antennas are just not turned on at the touch points.
Good to know :thumbsup2
It's not surprising RFID hardware was included in the DL touchpoint, considering the additional costs are minimal.

I suspect RFID will be an essential for "personalized" Galaxy's Edge experiences.

The first (only?) RFID scanner at DL:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter