Are onsite hotel keycards chargeable like at WDW?

ritzbuddy

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time to US/IOA and we are staying at the HRH. I remember when staying at CBR at WDW, you could charge almost every restaurant in the parks (even quicky snack and gifty places) to your room card. Is that service available at US/IOA/Citywalk? It was just so handy to pay one (monster) bill at the end.

Yep, you can use your hotel room key card to charge purchases throughout Universal Orlando. Have a wonderful time on your vacation! The HRH is really pretty! :D

We found this to be a very handy feature on our last visits However, there were times during both trips where the system was "down" and we were unable to charge for a period of time. You may want to carry an alternative form of payment for such occasions.

Thanks so much for the info!
We can't wait to go - especially since it is snowing AGAIN today. :hyper:

Yes, you can charge and it is really a great benefit! But 2 cautions:

1. Some of the individual merchants are not part of the Universal family, and I can not tell you where or who that may be - I just know that when my son wanted to get a medallion "whomped" in the Lost Continent area, the merchants who stamped the medal would not use the room key thing, and they also would not accept the AP discount.

2. Make sure you check your close out bill. Annalisa, who both checked us in and out at HRH, pointed out that we were double charged for two items - she is really great at the customer service! But my point is, keep your receipts, and make sure you check it out at check out.

I am JEALOUS - I want to go to MARDI GRAS TOO!!::yes::

yes you can charge on your room key IF:

1. you show them your credit card ( they ask you how much you want to be able to charge, then they put that amount of money on hold. )

2. you put cash down

3. if you use a debit card, its the same as cash.. not a credit card

Originally posted by cc1954

2. Make sure you check your close out bill. ... we were double charged for two items - But my point is, keep your receipts, and make sure you check it out at check out.

Same thing happened to us a couple of years ago. This was at Second Hand Rose - they used to sell Pez and other candy and they double charged us. Used room charge and I didn't find this out until I got home and examined my bill. But we called HRH and spoke to manager and it was taken care of. They are not owned by Universal. So you should always keep receipts and double check folio. Neat thing is that you can view folio at HRH on television.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter