Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim and Jenn Slacker only know 3 phrases when it comes to food reviews

"So delicious"
"Very refreshing"
"Good, but not the best I have had"
The sad part is, TheTimTracker only made it to where they are now, because they were first, flooded the Youtube algorithm with daily videos.

If they were to start over today, they wouldn't have 10% the following they do now. Their finished product quality is mediocre to bad. There are so many more "Disney Vloggers" out there with much higher production quality than them it's ridiculous. For a couple that have been doing this for 10 years, you'd think they would attempt to make a better effort at getting better at what they do. The editing is still atrocious with so many jump cuts and leaving things in that add nothing to the vlog. The only thing that has changed in their product is going from SD to HD. Well, outside of Tim being a chameleon and changing his look to whatever is popular at the time.

It's no secret that Tim and Jenn are bigger Universal fans than Disney, but they have to pretend like they are Disney Die Hards since they got on the ever so elusive Disney Media list. Then again, TIm and Jenn are known to be compulsive liars. They claim they are huge Harry Potter fans, but haven't seen all the movies, nor read any of the books. They say what will get them supported and what not.

They want to portray this image of being your run of a mill, down to earth, average working class couple. I don't begrudge anyone for "making it" it's just a bit hypocritical to drop 2K on a sweater, or 3K for a one night stay in a Copper Creek Cabin, and then wax poetic about if a 8.99 hot dog is worth it. They are showcasing a lot of things that the average person can't afford/experience, but yet they want people to believe they are just "normal" working class people.

Also what bothered me the most was them leaving Superchats on for so long on Youtube when they did live streams, they feigned ignorance on the fact they didn't know how to turn it off, told people not to donate money, but yet kept every single penny. This would've been okay for maybe the first time they did a live stream, but if you tell people not to use Superchat, I would've looked up right after that live stream how to deactivate it. Not to plead with people every week for months not to send them money before they "finally" find a way to deactivate said feature. I'd have no issue with Superchats being active, if you didn't actively tell people not to use it, and then pocket that cash.

Also, let's be honest, if there wasn't a pandemic going on, all that mail they've been sitting on for years would still be sealed and unopened. They were desperate for content, so they fell back to "Well, we got all these letters and boxes to open, might as well do that." That shows you how little they care about their fans. Someone could take the time and effort to send them a well written letter or hand made knick knack, and what did they do with it? Left it in a box to rot until they were so desperate for content they decided to open it. They had one live stream recently where they opened a parcel that contained a hand made knit blanket that someone spent A YEAR MAKING that they sent the Trackers for their dog who just recently died. Jenn showed real emotion in that moment, Tim on the other hand was a stoic, emotionless clod who quickly changed the subject.
Replies like this intrigue me. You clearly don't like them and have numerous things that you find annoying that they do but the details you mention tell us that you have watched (and continue to watch) their videos. Why? There are plenty of other vloggers to watch.

Replies like this intrigue me. You clearly don't like them and have numerous things that you find annoying that they do but the details you mention tell us that you have watched (and continue to watch) their videos. Why? There are plenty of other vloggers to watch.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Have you ever heard how back in the early 90s how the average Howard Stern fan listened for like 60 minutes a day, but the average person who disliked Howard Stern listened for over 2 hours? The most popular reason "I wanted to hear what he would say next."

It's kind of like that with the Trackers, I watch random videos every so often to see what silly/stupid thing they will do next. Luckily I do this behind an ad-blocker so they won't be getting any Youtube revenue from me.

You have to agree that if you compare knowledge, filmography, editing, etc a channel like the Dis should be pulling in the numbers like TTT does, but in reality The Dis is getting bumpkis despite putting out a more knowledgeable and better put together product.

The sad part is, TheTimTracker only made it to where they are now, because they were first, flooded the Youtube algorithm with daily videos.

If they were to start over today, they wouldn't have 10% the following they do now. Their finished product quality is mediocre to bad. There are so many more "Disney Vloggers" out there with much higher production quality than them it's ridiculous. For a couple that have been doing this for 10 years, you'd think they would attempt to make a better effort at getting better at what they do. The editing is still atrocious with so many jump cuts and leaving things in that add nothing to the vlog. The only thing that has changed in their product is going from SD to HD. Well, outside of Tim being a chameleon and changing his look to whatever is popular at the time.

It's no secret that Tim and Jenn are bigger Universal fans than Disney, but they have to pretend like they are Disney Die Hards since they got on the ever so elusive Disney Media list. Then again, TIm and Jenn are known to be compulsive liars. They claim they are huge Harry Potter fans, but haven't seen all the movies, nor read any of the books. They say what will get them supported and what not.

They want to portray this image of being your run of a mill, down to earth, average working class couple. I don't begrudge anyone for "making it" it's just a bit hypocritical to drop 2K on a sweater, or 3K for a one night stay in a Copper Creek Cabin, and then wax poetic about if a 8.99 hot dog is worth it. They are showcasing a lot of things that the average person can't afford/experience, but yet they want people to believe they are just "normal" working class people.

Also what bothered me the most was them leaving Superchats on for so long on Youtube when they did live streams, they feigned ignorance on the fact they didn't know how to turn it off, told people not to donate money, but yet kept every single penny. This would've been okay for maybe the first time they did a live stream, but if you tell people not to use Superchat, I would've looked up right after that live stream how to deactivate it. Not to plead with people every week for months not to send them money before they "finally" find a way to deactivate said feature. I'd have no issue with Superchats being active, if you didn't actively tell people not to use it, and then pocket that cash.

Also, let's be honest, if there wasn't a pandemic going on, all that mail they've been sitting on for years would still be sealed and unopened. They were desperate for content, so they fell back to "Well, we got all these letters and boxes to open, might as well do that." That shows you how little they care about their fans. Someone could take the time and effort to send them a well written letter or hand made knick knack, and what did they do with it? Left it in a box to rot until they were so desperate for content they decided to open it. They had one live stream recently where they opened a parcel that contained a hand made knit blanket that someone spent A YEAR MAKING that they sent the Trackers for their dog who just recently died. Jenn showed real emotion in that moment, Tim on the other hand was a stoic, emotionless clod who quickly changed the subject.

You're just jealous. Sure there are youtubers with better editing, or knowledge, or cinematography but as most things with youtube what it really comes down to is they have a good look which draws people to click on their videos in the first place. And Tim has a great personality so that's why people subscribe and keep coming back. It may not be fair but that's how it is.

You're just jealous. Sure there are youtubers with better editing, or knowledge, or cinematography but as most things with youtube what it really comes down to is they have a good look which draws people to click on their videos in the first place. And Tim has a great personality so that's why people subscribe and keep coming back. It may not be fair but that's how it is.

They have a good look? Nearly all their Youtube Thumbnail pictures have Tim and Jenn with this slack-jawed simpleton expression, or shoving food down their throat. Neither of which would make me if I was unaware to their content to click and watch.

They have a good look? Nearly all their Youtube Thumbnail pictures have Tim and Jenn with this slack-jawed simpleton expression, or shoving food down their throat. Neither of which would make me if I was unaware to their content to click and watch.
You're biased so of course you find them annoying looking.
But overall they have a good look. Look pretty normal, All American (whatever that means) and good looking unlike Adam the Woo who has to rely on being weird.

There are plenty of people who have more passion, and better looking videos on Disney who have been doing it for years and have only 3000 subscribers. Those people just don't have "It".
That's just how it is. I'm not saying it's fair. But it's reality.

You're biased so of course you find them annoying looking.
But overall they have a good look. Look pretty normal, All American (whatever that means) and good looking unlike Adam the Woo who has to rely on being weird.

There are plenty of people who have more passion, and better looking videos on Disney who have been doing it for years and have only 3000 subscribers. Those people just don't have "It".
That's just how it is. I'm not saying it's fair. But it's reality.

I only find them annoying looking when they insist on leaving in footage of them eating like slobs where you can visibly see the food slosh around their the mouth, or have the food fall out of their mouths, or when Tim has a bunch of food stuck in his beard.

On the whole, yes they are what most people would describe as "attractive" people, what I'm saying though is if you never heard of them, and you had 2 videos side by side, would you pick the one that has a man with food falling out of his mouth, or one with a beautiful shot of Spaceship Earth lit up at night, or some random beautiful scenery around the park? If they were both titled along the same lines?

You have to agree that if you compare knowledge, filmography, editing, etc a channel like the Dis should be pulling in the numbers like TTT does, but in reality The Dis is getting bumpkis despite putting out a more knowledgeable and better put together product.
If we were comparing 2 park videos that would be all the criteria. I think the DIS puts out the best POV videos of the parks without question but that's not why I'm clicking on a vlog video.

The problem the DIS has is 2 fold IMO:
-A "team" instead of consistent host of videos - This doesn't allow the viewer to connect with a single person and get to know them well. If the host sucks this can be a backfire of course but that's why there are hundreds of Disney vloggers and only a handful have a large following. Tim is likable and humorous IMO and has developed a pretty good skill of talking to the viewer which is why he can pull views with a lower quality product.
-Their channel has the podcast videos mixed in - This hurts them in the youtube algorithm as followers like me listen to the podcast on a podcast app. When someone is only engaging with a portion of your videos, they stop getting recommended. Many content creators have gone to a model with a separate channel for their podcast videos due to this.

It's kind of funny you mention video quality because a different vlogger put out a video recently of a resort stay and tried to capture their "reaction" walking into the room... with a camera that was clearly set up on a tripod inside the room. Made for a better looking video than a POV handheld shot but made the vlog dishonest to the point that I didn't like it.

I only find them annoying looking when they insist on leaving in footage of them eating like slobs where you can visibly see the food slosh around their the mouth, or have the food fall out of their mouths, or when Tim has a bunch of food stuck in his beard.

On the whole, yes they are what most people would describe as "attractive" people, what I'm saying though is if you never heard of them, and you had 2 videos side by side, would you pick the one that has a man with food falling out of his mouth, or one with a beautiful shot of Spaceship Earth lit up at night, or some random beautiful scenery around the park? If they were both titled along the same lines?
You would still need the man to be in the beautiful shot of Space ship earth or some beautiful scenery to have equivalency.

A snapshot of just scenery isn't really a vlog or promoting the youtubers brand. At the heart of it the vlogger is the star and that is the person that people keep coming back for, not beautiful cinematic shots of scenery with no vlogger.

Ideally you would want a mix of celebrity in front of a beautiful shot of scenery, and then maybe something eye catching. One could argue that slovenly eating food, makes one more relatable and lovable. Often in movies, the fat person is a lovable character because everyone loves eating food, and the fat person can be more relatable than say a supermodel with no personality.

If we were comparing 2 park videos that would be all the criteria. I think the DIS puts out the best POV videos of the parks without question but that's not why I'm clicking on a vlog video.

-A "team" instead of consistent host of videos - This doesn't allow the viewer to connect with a single person and get to know them well. If the host sucks this can be a backfire of course but that's why there are hundreds of Disney vloggers and only a handful have a large following. Tim is likable and humorous IMO and has developed a pretty good skill of talking to the viewer which is why he can pull views with a lower quality product.
-Their channel has the podcast videos mixed in - This hurts them in the youtube algorithm as followers like me listen to the podcast on a podcast app. When someone is only engaging with a portion of your videos, they stop getting recommended. Many content creators have gone to a model with a separate channel for their podcast videos due to this.

It's kind of funny you mention video quality because a different vlogger put out a video recently of a resort stay and tried to capture their "reaction" walking into the room... with a camera that was clearly set up on a tripod inside the room. Made for a better looking video than a POV handheld shot but made the vlog dishonest to the point that I didn't like it.

What you describe in your last point is the same thing TTT did in the most recent vlog, though it was still filmed via handheld. It's hard to give your original impression when it's clear that they staged the entire thing, it come off as very unnatural and contrived.

Tim is hit or miss with humor, and he tries way too hard to get certain "phrases" to be funny. Also, the way he interacts with the viewers, is akin to a Kindergarten Teacher asking a 5 year old random questions.

Yup this is basically what it is. People watch these videos for the personality not the content in most cases. Alot of people have been to Disney multiple times so it's not even about the place or location. And even if you haven't there are so many youtube video on every single locations.

If you wanted to just watch the most beautifully photographed scene you would just watch the travel channel. Youtube is all about the personality. That's really all there is to it.

What you describe in your last point is the same thing TTT did in the most recent vlog, though it was still filmed via handheld. It's hard to give your original impression when it's clear that they staged the entire thing, it come off as very unnatural and contrived.

Tim is hit or miss with humor, and he tries way too hard to get certain "phrases" to be funny. Also, the way he interacts with the viewers, is akin to a Kindergarten Teacher asking a 5 year old random questions.
It's about what works.

If Tim acted like a normal bro, tatted up dude like he did in his early videos nobody would watch.

But the contrast between this tall, tatted up, manly dude appearance wise and the friendly self deprecating Kermity frog voice and Homer Simpson, aw shucks persona has an appeal.
It's really no different then what makes a movie star verse say a one dimensional charterer actor.

Now that may not appeal to you but it's appealing to enough people to make it worth their while.

Last edited:
Tim gave a walk through after they had settled in a bit. It wasn't a contrived reaction video.

I will say that I wish they'd cut or reshoot some stuff (like his issues with the blinds in the most recent video) but that's really searching for criticism.

Yup this is basically what it is. People watch these videos for the personality not the content in most cases. Alot of people have been to Disney multiple times so it's not even about the place or location. And even if you haven't there are so many youtube video on every single locations.

If you wanted to just watch the most beautifully photographed scene you would just watch the travel channel. Youtube is all about the personality. That's really all there is to it.
It's largely about escapism. We're trying to live vicariously through someone who is having a normal everyday experience that we cannot today (for whatever reason).

I enjoy the Trackers. I'm not sad for their success nor for the algorithm that first popped them up on my youtube feed. They seem genuine to me but I'm just looking for ideas on what might be fun to do or eat on my next vacation. If I knew them well enough to call them by their first names I would offer my congratulations on their bundle of joy!

Yep, I agree with this. My favorite Disney vlogger is Paging Mr. Morrow (Nate) and this is because I find him to be the most genuine, kind-hearted, enthusiastic vlogger of the bunch. I think it is definitely the personality of the vlogger that draws people in and keeps them watching. I still watch the Trackers, but not all of their vlogs. I'm enjoying their staycations at the moment and am living vicariously through their stay at the Cascade Cabin at WL.

I started watching TT I think around late 2017, that's also the time i found the DIS and vloggers in general. What I liked about Tim Tracker was that I was trying to find vlogs on Universal, and all I could find were him and the Dis, and finally the Unofficial Universal Podcast. The Tracker videos I've enjoyed the absolute most, were the ones at other theme parks: Sea World, Legoland, Busch Gardens, even Gatorland, their trip to Tokyo Disney, etc.. I watch WDW too, but it's harder to find content on coasters at Busch Gardens. Anyway, now I watch most of theirs, not all,

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with this. My favorite Disney vlogger is Paging Mr. Morrow (Nate) and this is because I find him to be the most genuine, kind-hearted, enthusiastic vlogger of the bunch. I think it is definitely the personality of the vlogger that draws people in and keeps them watching. I still watch the Trackers, but not all of their vlogs. I'm enjoying their staycations at the moment and am living vicariously through their stay at the Cascade Cabin at WL.
For me the ability to interact with Tim in the comments was fun but they became too popular now so you can't get that personal interaction.

I wondered how some of the unopened mail had gifts from viewers like baby clothes? I thought their mailbox was closed for a couple of years?

I wondered how some of the unopened mail had gifts from viewers like baby clothes? I thought their mailbox was closed for a couple of years?

From the live streams I watched, it appears they may have closed their PO Box right after the baby announcement.

I still enjoy them. I don't watch the home vlogs.

My favorites are when he did all the resort tours. Love those.
He has a silly side to him that I enjoy.

He just did 2 fantastic videos on things you might never notice at Animal Kingdom. Watch those

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter