• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the app wait times accurate?

DisneyGaga

Earning My Ears
I keep reading how crowded every day is. I expect weekends to be crowded, but during the week, the wait times on the disney app don’t seem too bad. Are they accurate?

Is the app reflecting the posted time?

Yes, the app and the posted time seemed to be pretty in sync the whole time. There were a few times they were off and then a few minutes later they'd be adjusted but for the most part they were the same and accurate.

Wait times are often inaccurate. I personally believe that Disney is overinflating wait times so that more people will buy Genie+ thinking they will save more time waiting in line than they actually will. The wait times for Guardians of the Galaxy always seem extremely inflated and Radiator Springs Racers is probably 2nd place for most inaccurate wait times.

Sometimes, posted wait times are lower than actuality but usually not by as much as the overinflation for big rides. I sometimes wait about 5-10 minutes longer for Fantasyland attractions like Storybookland and Casey Jr.

The app sometimes doesn't match the posted wait time for the attraction but is supposed to reflect Disney's posted wait times.

It’s interesting because everyone is saying how crowded the parks are, but the wait times are only over an hour at peak times on peak days on popular rides. So there has to be more people coming into the park on the weekends, even though reservations are selling out every day. I remember RSR easily being 2 hour waiting time in past, but 75 is highest I have seen it go on the app

It’s interesting because everyone is saying how crowded the parks are, but the wait times are only over an hour at peak times on peak days on popular rides. So there has to be more people coming into the park on the weekends, even though reservations are selling out every day. I remember RSR easily being 2 hour waiting time in past, but 75 is highest I have seen it go on the app
I’ve noticed the same thing. Everybody keeps talking about how crowded it is, but the wait times on the app look exactly like they did when we were there in June and it wasn’t terrible. I’m glad you asked because I keep wondering if the app is wrong.

Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Usually they are overestimated but sometimes they are right on or underestimated. Today we waited for HM and the app stated 25 but it took 13 to stretching room. Millennium Falcon Smugglers run stated 25 and it was 25. I feel like some rides are generally accurate (like smugglers run) and some like Pirates are way overstated.

Today is was crazy crowded but the ride waits weren’t too bad. Like you might not realize how crowded the parks were if you weren’t here and only stalking the app. I think it was because a lot of folks here for Dapper Day weekend weren’t all about the rides but getting food was pretty rough. The difficultly getting food has been an issue for a while though. 🤷‍♀️ I do think weekdays have been less crowded although now that the holidays have officially started that could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter