• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the bathtubs slippery?

MandyLovesMulan

A girl worth fighting for!
Do the hotel bathtubs have "grit" on the bottom to keep people from slipping while in the shower?
I saw some suction-cup rubber bathtub grips that looked like Nemo in the dollar store and am wondering if they'd be a useful investment.

Just trying to get my mind off of Irma, and plan for the best (hope to still be going in a week, and Florida gets little damage).

That's what we do, also. I worry about my mom slipping, so we pick up a bath mat at the dollar store, then just throw it away at the end of the trip

I'm pretty sensitive to this because I fell badly in my home shower when we didn't have the non-skid mats down so now I'm paranoid. I have never noticed that the hotel tubs are slippery and I've stayed in many resorts since falling. I wouldn't say they are gritty but I think they are a matte-surface unlike most home tubs.

They have a surface to them, it's sort of pebbly, but in NO WAY do I feel that it is adequate for someone with balance issues.

No way to prep and have this problem?

Either you can put a bath mat inside the shower with you, but you do have to worry if the person could get tangled up in the towel and trip over their feet.
OR you can use towels to tie a grab loop onto one of the bars in the shower but you are sacrificing a full sized bath towel for this.
OR you can use some kind of chair - even a kids floatie to have them sit down on. Or some pool noodles to shape a sitting area. Yes I know, some people think sitting on the shower floor is gross but slipping and breaking a leg or busting your lip is FAR worse....

They have a surface to them, it's sort of pebbly, but in NO WAY do I feel that it is adequate for someone with balance issues.

Yeah if you are traveling with an elderly person or someone with a special condition or vulnerability I would probably bring a bath mat. Or look into asking for an accessible room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter