Are the DVCs close to the existing hotels?

Stevegriswold

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I worked at Disney back in 1994-2000 if I remember correctly. Back then there was old key west. The Beach Club was a hotel, which I guess part of it still is, so is the DVC part of the Beach Club at the end closest to EPCOT? Are they connected? Do you get to use the Yacht and Beach pool, or just the DVC Beach Club Villas pool? Do you pull up at the main beach club hotel checkin and valet park or is there a DVC valet area and check in?

Same question for boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. I think I remember boardwalk having a DVC section closer to the Dance Hall and some large pool with rollercoaster looking slides.

For Wilderness Lodge did they build the DVC next to the hotel within walking distance, and again do you get to use the Wilderness Lodge pool or just the DVC facilities. Do you park at the Wilderness Lodge Hotel or is there a check in / lobby for the DVC there?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

I worked at Disney back in 1994-2000 if I remember correctly. Back then there was old key west.
There was also Boardwalk Villas and VWL was under contruction.

The Beach Club was a hotel, which I guess part of it still is, so is the DVC part of the Beach Club at the end closest to EPCOT?
Yes

Are they connected?
Yes
Do you get to use the Yacht and Beach pool,
Yes

or just the DVC Beach Club Villas pool?
That one too

Do you pull up at the main beach club hotel checkin and valet park
Yes

or is there a DVC valet area and check in?

No

Same question for boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge.
Same answers. :)

I think I remember boardwalk having a DVC section closer to the Dance Hall and some large pool with rollercoaster looking slides.
Correct, and correct.

For Wilderness Lodge did they build the DVC next to the hotel within walking distance,
Yes, connected by a covered walkway.

and again do you get to use the Wilderness Lodge pool
Yes

or just the DVC facilities.
You can use them too.

Do you park at the Wilderness Lodge Hotel
Yes
or is there a check in / lobby for the DVC there?
You use the same check-in desk for WL and VWL.

You're welcome! :)

Now I have a question. Are you Clark's long lost brother?

Thanks.
Sounds very cool.

Yep the Vacation movies are awesome. I get a bunch of that around Christmas time when I pull out my credit card.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks.
Sounds very cool.

Yep the Vacation movies are awesome. I get a bunch of that around Christmas time when I pull out my credit card.

I'll bet you do! ::yes:: Sorry to rehash what has to be an old joke to you.

Yes, DVC is very cool. At least the vast majority of those on this board think so, but that's pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy. :)

To add to what Granny already posted...

The Beach Club was a hotel, which I guess part of it still is, so is the DVC part of the Beach Club at the end closest to EPCOT? Are they connected?
The Beach Club Villas is a separate building just behind the Beach Club hotel. So that bit of the building you see as you walk along the lake on your way to Epcot is the hotel, not the Beach Club Villas. You cannot see the lake from the villas and vice versa.

Same question for boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. I think I remember boardwalk having a DVC section closer to the Dance Hall and some large pool with rollercoaster looking slides.
As you look at the Boardwalk building from the lake side, the Boardwalk Inn is the pale yellow/cream color building on your left, the Boardwalk Villas (BWV) is on the right and looks like a series of little hotels of different colors. (You can see a picture of part of the Villas section of the building in my signature.) And yes, the main pool with the roller coaster slide is over on the villas side but serves both the Inn and the Villas.

With Wilderness Lodge, they built a separate building. (You can see a photo of part of that building in my signature as well.) As you face the WL from the lake, the villas building is over to the left. The WL bus stops are actually in front of the VWL building. There is a covered walkway that goes from the VWL to the WL. It is a very short walk between the two buildings.

ETA: DISboard member WillCAD has lots of Disney maps on his website. Here are links to maps of the Beach Club, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge showing both the hotel and villas buildings:

Beach Club: http://www.willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_ybc.pdf
Boardwalk: http://www.willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_bw.pdf
Wilderness Lodge: http://www.willcad.org/maps/resorts/resort_wl.pdf

the new one being build will be inside AKL and outside - a completely new building.

right now the AKV will be inside AKL on the 5th and 6th floors.

Steve, BCV was built where the tennis courts were located at BC if you remember those. Accessible parking was located over there too.

It appears to me that there will be a covered or enclosed walkway from AKV to AKL. There are covered walkways from BCV to BC and from VWL to WL. Very nice on rainy days.

OKW and SSR are currently the only stand alone DVC resorts. All the others are connected to other WDW hotels. The BWV is a bit different, since it was built as a DVC property with a hotel added.

The rumor I heard when I visited the AKV models at SSR a couple weeks ago was that ALL the Deluxe WDW hotels will eventually house DVC. Now it was not expounded on, and I can't imagine how the Poly or GF could have a DVC added unless they convert part of the existing or all of the rooms in those hotels to DVC. I'm just passing on what was said to me by the guide in the AKV models.

OKW and SSR are currently the only stand alone DVC resorts. All the others are connected to other WDW hotels. The BWV is a bit different, since it was built as a DVC property with a hotel added.

The rumor I heard when I visited the AKV models at SSR a couple weeks ago was that ALL the Deluxe WDW hotels will eventually house DVC. Now it was not expounded on, and I can't imagine how the Poly or GF could have a DVC added unless they convert part of the existing or all of the rooms in those hotels to DVC. I'm just passing on what was said to me by the guide in the AKV models.

I'm jumping on this Diane <g> ! With all the talk about the Contemporary north wing being DVC or not I could care less!!! But you start talking about the Poly and Woahhhhh I want in at that place ! :cool1:

If they would only take the concierge building , convert it to DVC and give it a two point system Castle view / non castle view and I want to stay there for half my trips.

Thanks Diane , even if it is a rumor It made me smile :cloud9:

If they would only take the concierge building , convert it to DVC and give it a two point system Castle view / non castle view and I want to stay there for half my trips.

Every single night of every single trip for us I think.

From your post to DVC ears!:listen:

Thanks Diane , even if it is a rumor It made me smile :cloud9:

I really like the Castle view better from Tahiti!

now that would be my choice! not Hawaii

although someone say if they do it - they would use the older building (that they spend a fortune rehabing - getting rid of the mold smell) first.

so maybe Fiji, Tuvall and Aotheroa

When I was told that little bit of "rumor", my ears did perk up, because it seemed like good fodder for the board. Sometimes I think they "hand feed" us stuff like this just to see if it gets posted or not.

When I was told that little bit of "rumor", my ears did perk up, because it seemed like good fodder for the board. Sometimes I think they "hand feed" us stuff like this just to see if it gets posted or not.

hey it is definitely working!!!:rotfl:

I really like the Castle view better from Tahiti!

now that would be my choice! not Hawaii

although someone say if they do it - they would use the older building (that they spend a fortune rehabing - getting rid of the mold smell) first.

so maybe Fiji, Tuvall and Aotheroa

Hawaii is as old as Fiji, Tuvalu and Aotearoa. They are all original buildings.

Tokelau was added in the early 80s and then Tahitii and Rapa Nui soon after.

For what it's worth, I think the smell most talked about was the earthy smell not mildew. Mold is probably an ongoing issue at any FL resort but in 30 stays we only saw it in one bathroom at the Polynesian...and a very small amount. We've also had it in OKW in a laundry room.:confused3 Again a small amount.

But Pat, why do you like Tahiti better? We've never stayed in it although we watched the fireworks from that beach on NYE 1999/2000 when we were in Rapa Nui. Tahiti is almost as close to parking and the TTC as Rapa Nui but Hawaii is more convenient to both pools and the GCH.

No kidding Diane, that would really be a great perk to be able to have all those choices.

This might come off the wrong way, but on our last trip we had dinner and breakfast at Poly. Our meals were great, CM's were cheerful, bar service top notch. But my DW and I both thought the resort was past due some serious remodeling and TLC. I hope some money is being thrown its way to freshen up the resort.

We really like the resort. Have never stayed there, but with a little love, I can see this resort really shining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter