• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any Disney stores left?

no. the children's place was going to close the chain but disney bought back about 2/3 of the stores.

The last I knew the Disney Store in the Mall in KC near me is still open. I hope they don't close it. I was just in there a couple of weeks ago!

My local Disney store closed a few months ago, but the Disney outlet about 20 minutes beyond the mall is still open. This is near Middletown NY.

Maybe shouldn't tell you this, but the Phoenix valley had 6, lost 2, now there are still 4 left. Unfortunately the valley is so spread out that the nearest one is still 20-25 minutes away.

I can't say I understand how they chose which to keep and which to get rid of.....one of the ones closed had only opened in December 2007....didn't even make it a year....and yet it's the only one for the entire North valley. The other that they closed was always busy....no matter what time of the day I went in there it had dozens of people shopping. Some of the ones they kept open, the kids and I would be the only ones in there except for staff.....and we'd stand around chatting with them for long long periods of time because we were the only customers. So it doesn't seem like it had to do with location, or with revenue. Two stores that they kept open are less than a 5 minute drive apart....yet closing that brand new one left an entire section of the valley with a 30+ minute drive.

Go figure. Sounds, though, like I should be very very grateful that we have so many....and they're not all exactly the same either. One is an outlet, which is my favorite, cause I love a bargain......another is the very new style, with the big TVs blaring bubble gum music...not my favorite.....and then we have all the standards too, though one manager told me they were scheduled to become a bubble gum TV type by year's end. I told her that didn't make my day, and she smiled ruefully.....not sure it made hers either.

I have one about 15 mins. away from me... was there tonight and then there is one about 25 mins away north of me and its open... and then another one about 25 mins the opposite way and its still open. I guess i'm lucky!

At one point, we had 5 stores within an hour's drive. The closest was 10 min away but it closed in January, even before the mass closings. All but 1 of the rest closed in May/June - the remaining store is 1 hr away. I haven't been but I hear that the remaining store was really bad - poor employee attitude and very little merchandise. My friend in Baltimore still has one near her.

SuperSteelerFan,
I am in the Pgh area as well. There is a Disney store left at South Hills Village. I have been hitting it up alot lately, as they have been running 60% off sales on the weekends. Some great buys, if you are looking for them!

no. the children's place was going to close the chain but disney bought back about 2/3 of the stores.

I work for The Disney Store and we were never told that TCP was even considering closing the stores. I think that was just a rumor. There have always been many untrue rumors that circulate about the stores so I'm not surprised the rumor that all of the stores are closing is still going around.

They recently closed our store just outside of Nashville in Rivergate Mall. :mad: The outlet store is still open in Opry Mills, though. :thumbsup2

The one in the mall by me was just expanded and remodeled this past year. I don't think they'd do that if they were hurting enough to close them all down.

Long live the Disney Store!

:guilty: They did close one store near us (Vista Ridge Mall - Lewisville, TX). We still have two within 30 minutes of our home (Disney Store Outlet in Grapevine Mills - Grapevine, TX and Disney Store in Stonebriar Mall - Frisco, TX). :cool1:

:surfweb: Jennifer

Central PA lost at least 4 of them.the only thing left is the Disney Outlet, and that i think they said would close at the end of the year.

Yep, the one by me closed down too (Winston-Salem, NC). I hadn't been in forever and when I started planning my trip decided to hit it up. Well it closed the weekend before me going. Just my luck.

There is one north of Columbus, I was wanting to see about getting the DW and myself some shirts for our November trip. I walked into the store, looked around for about 15 seconds, shook my head and walked out. They for sure dont cater to anything but little girls it looked like, maybe a 'small' amount of Wall-E stuff. But other then that unless you wanted HSM, Hanna Montana, or Princess stuff, that was it. Heck, I saw very little Mickey stuff even.

So, if most are like this, it's no wonder they are closing down, they dont have crap really. For disney being such a creative empire, you'd sure as heck think they could come up with a decent selection of stuff for adults, and a little variety for kids.

Yea, yea, yea. I know the stuff that they have probably sells, but I'm sure there are people like me that walk in and do exactly what I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter