Are there any restaurants you won't eat there by yourself

Places like Chef Mickey's are usually off my list for solo dining. First, I think it would be more fun with a group. Second, I would feel out of place being surrounded by groups and lots of kids (not that I don't like kids). I did eat there once with a friend and it was fun.

Other Character meals would also be off my list for solo dining.

Chef Mickey is the only character meal I have eaten. I love their food - especially the prime rib and mashed potatoes. Every time I saw the characters moving towards me, I would go up and get more food!

I don't think I could see myself doing a character meal solo either. And as much as I loved Teppanyaki when I was there with family, I don't think I'd go solo. I'm much more comfortable sitting alone at a table than striking up diner conversation with strangers. I know other people feel exactly the opposite, but that's just me.

Deb

I was actually very uncomfortable by myself at the 50's Prime Time Diner. The guy who checked me in twice made comments about me being by myself that were just rude, and then my server barely paid any attention to me.

Karen

I LOVE character meals whether solo or not, because I LOVE the characters! :love1: Plus, the attention the characters show me keeps me from feeling alone.

But for meals in general, I try to avoid doing any buffets when solo. I don't like getting up and leaving my table unattended, and I have on occasion seen solos at buffets have their table cleared when they were going up for more food.

There is no restaurant that I would not go to alone.
I especially like going to the Character meals, it seems that when I am alone I do get more attention from the various Characters and CM's than when I go with family members.

I ate at Prime Time by myself during my last visit - I sat at the counter - no
wait if there are empty seats.

I do Character meals and buffets. It reduces the amount of time just setting at the table waiting to be served. I get up pick out what I want and then go back for seconds! :earboy2: I would not dine at the 50's cafe for the reason already stated. Too much interaction. I would also not do too formal a dining situation. I recommend the buffets. The meal goes quicker because you are not waiting for the server and you get a wide selection of choices. You can try just a little bit of everything. So what if there are characters walking around. They have always been nice to me, even if I am solo.

Best bets: Crystal Palace, O'hana, 1900 park fare and the best of all time is Boma.

I don't think I could enjoy CRT breakfast solo. I'd feel too guilty as a solo taking up a whole table by myself, when 2 people, perhaps Mom and her little "princess" DD, could have had it. But I always wanted to eat there-that's why I was soo glad to be able to get to join another family last year. But I don't think I could have gotten past the guilt if I'd been solo.

I would never do Biergarten as a solo. I did this with my family once, and we were seated at a long table with another family, I think there were 8 seats or so at the table. And the tables were very close to eachother. So knowing how the tables are set up, I can't image how awkward it would be to be a solo surrounded closely by strangers. Ugh! :sad2:

I have never eaten at Biergarten but I could see how that would be an issue. We have however eaten at V&A and I also would not do that solo.

When I went to WDW this past January (actually I was in Orlando for work but spent ONE day at the parks) our waiter from last November at 50's prime time actually remembered me. It was a lot of fun, and I love the characters so I would have no problem hamming it up with them alone. Of course, I prefer my DW to be with me, though. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter