Are you ready to cruise again

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as cruising I am fine with going and have a cruise planned for December. I am slightly up in the air simply because I might want to save the money and go on the Wish instead when it launches in 2022.

We have September and December Fantasy Westerns booked right now. We are all vaccinated (me, husband and 16 year old daughter). We will make a decision about sailing once we see what the policies will be for US cruises. Personally, I would not get on a cruise ship unvaccinated. I also think there will be fewer restrictions (in the adult areas) if vaccinations are required. CDC just came out with different guidelines on outdoor masking based on vaccination status. Clearly - only time will tell what is in store for US cruises and I respect that everyone has different pressure points in terms of what will be a deal breaker for them. Hopefully by 2022 things will be more back to some kind of new normal that is tolerable to most cruisers.

I can't think of an employee that is so important that they would have to put their life on the line to get to a different location. The part that really bothers me is that you see in the news our elected leaders telling us that travel is dangerous and we need to stay home but yet it is fine for them to travel and vacation. When they get caught, it is nothing but lies to cover what they got caught doing. I was listening to Doctor's Radio on XM a few weeks ago and one doctor from New York stated that she needed a break so she was in Mexico (I don;t remember where exactly) on vacation and phoning in her radio spot. I see no problem in that other than every other doctor on that station was stressing the importance of staying home and wearing masks.
Well important might be different for everyone, some people might be willing to travel just for the ability to have a job at all. I can’t support the reasons for every American liberty we have, but I guess I will have to take the good with the bad.
Our party of 5 is entirely vaccinated so we are ready to go in August. If they will have us.

Our family of 4 is vaccinated and ready to cruise! We have a November sailing on the Disney Magic. May 2022 we are booked for Hawaii to Vancouver. Fingers crossed.

My two concerns at this point :

1) we were all vaccinated from November 2020 (daughters are nurses) thru April 2021. If the vaccine is potentially only protecting for 6 months, will we require booster before November to cruise?

2) Will Canada be ready to open their port by next Spring to allow cruise ships to dock in their port?

Time will tell.

Our family of 4 is vaccinated and ready to cruise! We have a November sailing on the Disney Magic. May 2022 we are booked for Hawaii to Vancouver. Fingers crossed.

My two concerns at this point :

1) we were all vaccinated from November 2020 (daughters are nurses) thru April 2021. If the vaccine is potentially only protecting for 6 months, will we require booster before November to cruise?

2) Will Canada be ready to open their port by next Spring to allow cruise ships to dock in their port?

Time will tell.

2) Things are slowing looking better for us in Canada with every adults receiving their two shots in time for Fall 2021 and kids likely to be vaccinated in time to return to school.

I wouldn't worry too much.

I’m aiming for 2023. My delay is that I think it will take much longer for countries outside the US to get vaccinated. And this will give Disney all of 2022 to work out their ship tweaks.

I’m ready and my family is fully vaccinated. I like the idea of vaccinated and negative tested passengers.

We got off a RCCL cruise on March 2, 2020 - so pretty close the industry shutting down. It was scary knowing there was the outbreak on that ship in Japan. And we missed one of our ports because another ship was docked in our space. All sorts of rumors were flying about that. That people on that ship were sick. Or maybe people were sick on our ship.

We have our first DCL cruise booked for December.

Generally, I’ll cruise as soon as they’ll let me. However....I’m MUCH more concerned by the restrictions they’ll have ON board than those they may have prior to boarding.

I don’t want to have to wear a mask on board, but I’ll get vaccinated to sail.

I don’t want to have to reserve kids club, but I will get my kid a PCR test before we board.

I want my vacation to feel like a vacation!! Things to check off the to do list before sailing - cool - but I’d rather not be getting temp checks and health surveys once I’m there.

2) Things are slowing looking better for us in Canada with every adults receiving their two shots in time for Fall 2021 and kids likely to be vaccinated in time to return to school.

I wouldn't worry too much.
I've got two school aged kids (they'll be going into grades 8&6 in September) and I doubt very much they'll be fully vaccinated. Maybe one dose if very lucky. If Canada sticks to the 16 week time table then no, it won't be by the time school starts.

I've got two school aged kids (they'll be going into grades 8&6 in September) and I doubt very much they'll be fully vaccinated. Maybe one dose if very lucky. If Canada sticks to the 16 week time table then no, it won't be by the time school starts.

Not fully but at least 1 shot?

Nah. Would be fun to try the Wish in 2 to 3 years, but there are plenty of other options for vacations we would like to explore.

Not fully but at least 1 shot?
They don’t even have approved vaccines for kids yet. Even though testing is underway for that I can’t see kids getting vaccinated by September. Actually fall is probably going to be spent getting second doses into people.

Yes, currently choosing itinerary. But no Disney .. too many kiddos, Celebrity it is.

They don’t even have approved vaccines for kids yet. Even though testing is underway for that I can’t see kids getting vaccinated by September. Actually fall is probably going to be spent getting second doses into people.

Depends on which kids we're talking about. Pfizer will likely be approved for use in 12-15 year olds in Canada and the US inside the next month or so. The approval application was submitted to Health Canada at least a couple of weeks ago.

In Canada, we'll have enough vaccine supply by the end of June to cover the entire (currently) eligible population with a single dose, and two-thirds with both. Assuming supply doesn't slow down significantly into July, I 100% expect vaccinations to open up to 12+ year olds in the summer. Probably pretty early in the summer. And there's no reason to assume a slowdown in supply in July - they're expecting something like 120 million total doses by the end of September, which means July-September alone will see more doses delivered (almost 1.5x) than the total delivered by the end of June. And some of those will be one-shot vaccines.

They might not all have two shots by the time school starts, but almost certainly one.

And most people will not be waiting 16 weeks for a second shot, even though that might well turn out to be better for longer term immunity. Those who got their first shot in early March, when the policy changed, might get close. Anyone getting their first shot in May is probably looking at closer to an 8-week timeline. By mid-June they'll be at or near the 4-week spacing. All assuming that provincial distribution can keep up with supply, and so far they've given us no reason to believe they can't.

It's not optimism. Just arithmetic.

While it's true that they don't have approval yet for the under 16 crowd..I think it is worth pointing out that children under the age of 16 only account for about 20% of the population..so when they DO release the vaccines, it won't take nearly as long to vaccinate that subset as it is taking to vaccinate the adult population.

Mind you - I have a Dec. cruise booked with my 11 year old - so I have a underlying motivation for my optimistic position, haha :)

Generally, I’ll cruise as soon as they’ll let me. However....I’m MUCH more concerned by the restrictions they’ll have ON board than those they may have prior to boarding.

I don’t want to have to wear a mask on board, but I’ll get vaccinated to sail.

I don’t want to have to reserve kids club, but I will get my kid a PCR test before we board.

I want my vacation to feel like a vacation!! Things to check off the to do list before sailing - cool - but I’d rather not be getting temp checks and health surveys once I’m there.

This is how I feel as well. I don’t mind it at Disney World, but being on a ship should be like entering another world, and not caring about “real life.”

Depends on which kids we're talking about. Pfizer will likely be approved for use in 12-15 year olds in Canada and the US inside the next month or so. The approval application was submitted to Health Canada at least a couple of weeks ago.

In Canada, we'll have enough vaccine supply by the end of June to cover the entire (currently) eligible population with a single dose, and two-thirds with both. Assuming supply doesn't slow down significantly into July, I 100% expect vaccinations to open up to 12+ year olds in the summer. Probably pretty early in the summer. And there's no reason to assume a slowdown in supply in July - they're expecting something like 120 million total doses by the end of September, which means July-September alone will see more doses delivered (almost 1.5x) than the total delivered by the end of June. And some of those will be one-shot vaccines.

They might not all have two shots by the time school starts, but almost certainly one.

And most people will not be waiting 16 weeks for a second shot, even though that might well turn out to be better for longer term immunity. Those who got their first shot in early March, when the policy changed, might get close. Anyone getting their first shot in May is probably looking at closer to an 8-week timeline. By mid-June they'll be at or near the 4-week spacing. All assuming that provincial distribution can keep up with supply, and so far they've given us no reason to believe they can't.

It's not optimism. Just arithmetic.

Also, these days, I keep hearing that soon, there will be too much vaccines in the USA and they might have to « share » them with other countries. We might end up receiving some extra... Which would be helpful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter