Are you still coming? Email from Disney

Figaroo

Mouseketeer
Today I got an email from Disney regarding my June stay at CSR. It asked me to review information about my stay and confirm that I was still coming. I had three choices to select from- I’m definitely coming, I may still be coming, or I will not be coming. I got an email like this late last spring 2020 when I had a June reservation at a resort that was not opening. Are they still sending these emails out for bookings or is it strange that I got one? Just curious...

I've gotten them for about half my resort stays - including a stay last week, so they're definitely still sending them - I only seem to get them when I book a deluxe resort or a DVC villa.

I have not gotten one of those e-mails in awhile, FWIW. Last one would be last summer’ish when I still had reservations for then-unopened resorts.

Not sure what sort of logic determines who does/doesn’t get those e-mails.

I got an odd survey email that asked how likely I would keep my Springtime 2022 reservation at a value resort. I was also asked to pick the one most important thing that I wish would come back, that would help me decide to keep the reservation or not. Choices were shows, parades, fireworks, character meets, fastPass+, etc. Choosing just one was very difficult.

I got an odd survey email that asked how likely I would keep my Springtime 2022 reservation at a value resort. I was also asked to pick the one most important thing that I wish would come back, that would help me decide to keep the reservation or not. Choices were shows, parades, fireworks, character meets, fastPass+, etc. Choosing just one was very difficult.
Welll.... what did you choose!?

I've gotten them for about half my resort stays - including a stay last week, so they're definitely still sending them - I only seem to get them when I book a deluxe resort or a DVC villa.

I got one, and I'm staying at AoA. I selected definitely coming, but I'm second guessing if park capacity has increased and social distancing isn't happening in lines. I don't know. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and read the trip reports and decide then.

I have a split stay with ASM and YC and got the emails for both. The way the options were worded makes it sound like they might be overbooked or not opening the resort, but I know both are open. Weird!

I got the emails for both of my stays. One for Pop that was in March. And I got one 2 weeks ago for my upcoming stay at All Star Movies. I wonder if it has something to do with resorts that are full or almost full.

Thanks all for your input!

I have a split stay with ASM and YC and got the emails for both. The way the options were worded makes it sound like they might be overbooked or not opening the resort, but I know both are open. Weird!
I got the emails for both of my stays. One for Pop that was in March. And I got one 2 weeks ago for my upcoming stay at All Star Movies. I wonder if it has something to do with resorts that are full or almost full.

This is what I was sort of thinking and I felt the same way about the option wording. There isn’t much availability at resorts during my dates. I have a split stay at YC also, but didn’t get an email for that part of my stay. At least, not yet.

Thanks all for your input!

This is what I was sort of thinking and I felt the same way about the option wording. There isn’t much availability at resorts during my dates. I have a split stay at YC also, but didn’t get an email for that part of my stay. At least, not yet.

Although I like ASM, I wouldn't be upset if they were overbooked and they offered to move me, since I have a standard room and pretty much everything would be an upgrade. I would NOT want to move from YC though. I've always wanted to stay at BC/YC and I finally got a pin code! We'll see what happens I guess.

It was just about impossible to choose just one, but I chose Fast Pass+ because it really works for me.
I would’ve chosen the same. I also feel like some of the other options are not really things they were take away or charge extra for ie. Parades, fireworks. So fastpass is also most valuable in that sense.

Yeah, got this email for BC (going right after the resort side opens, so I wasn't sure if they were gearing up to send me somewhere else).

I got a similar email for a June trip to BC. I did chuckle a bit when I received it because I thought paying for the trip was a good indicator that I intended to go. Who knows, maybe more than a few guests cancel several months out before their trip even if it is paid in full?

Yes~ just got one today for our June trip to BWV. But not for our 1 night stay at ASM.

I wonder if they’re using the data to figure out park hours, restaurant hours and/openings for summer months.

~~"I would NOT want to move from YC though. I've always wanted to stay at BC/YC and I finally got a pin code!"

Are they starting to hand out pin codes again? It's been quite a while since we've received pin codes.

~~"I would NOT want to move from YC though. I've always wanted to stay at BC/YC and I finally got a pin code!"

Are they starting to hand out pin codes again? It's been quite a while since we've received pin codes.
I booked months ago with a pin code I got back in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter