Arriving Sanford airport

Hope&Larry

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

My DH & I are new to these boards, although we have been reading them for a few years. We are trying a new route to WDW in January. We are flying Allegiant into Sanford & renting a car. We haven't driven around the WDW area since we drove there in 1983! We have flown into Orlando everytime since then.

Does anyone have a good route into WDW, & some great places to stop. We are staying AKV Concierge in a 1 bedroom for 3 days starting 1-27-08. Our flight arrives on Thurs. & we don't check in until Sun. & we leave on Thurs.

Our plans, at this point, don't include anything, & we would like to have some ideas from y'all who drive in the area.

Many thanks,
Hope

were from the uk and a lot of our flights go to sanford.its an easy route from airport,take the beeline express way,disney think abot 50 miles or you can take the I4 heading from airport along lake mary boulavard

I took the 417 toll road (about $6) and got off at Osceola Parkway (need two quarters there). If you take a left at the light by Gaylord Palms, you are a short distance from the Xentury Publix. Hop back on Osceola and you can follow it all the way to AKV!

Just read the detail about not checking in right away. Sanford isn't that far from Cocoa Beach if you're interested, and there's Dixie Crossroads, a seafood restaurant that many locals really like. Don't know where you're staying until Sunday.

I don't know where we are staying either! We thought that this was the time for us to really get acquainted with the area. We don't know what is around Orlando other than all the parks.

Hope

Just read the detail about not checking in right away. Sanford isn't that far from Cocoa Beach if you're interested, and there's Dixie Crossroads, a seafood restaurant that many locals really like. Don't know where you're staying until Sunday.

I work in Sanford. Dixie Crossroads is in Titusville and it is 30 miles east of the Sanford airport. Your fastest way to DW is I-4 West. 417 will cost you in tolls and it is not any faster. You can get from the airport to Disney property in about 30 minutes.

I-4 Is the MOST direct way. 417 doesn't have as much traffic but is a ton longer. I think they list sanford close to 40 miles on a sign near WDW. We went out 417 and headed back I-4 and think it was better. Sanford airport is nice and easy to get around though and you save time at the less crowded baggage areas and rental car areas so the extra drive may be worth it. The airfare was cheaper on Allegiant too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter