arrrgh! "Pirates" soft opening?

Another thought, they may very well be openning both the Blue Bayou and POTC on June 26 as planned, but maybe they are holding off on priority seating reservations on the off chance they don't get done on time. Better to open June 26 without any PS, and most likely fill up with walk-ins than to have a full day of PS and not be able to open due to a delay in the refurb.

samkj said:
Another thought, they may very well be openning both the Blue Bayou and POTC on June 26 as planned, but maybe they are holding off on priority seating reservations
this is also a great possiblity.

Just another thought. Maybe whoever designed the software for the PS didn't take into account that things could be down for X days, not full months at a time, so it's just not possible to have Blue Bayou available for PS until July due to poor programming?

And yes, all things at disney are subject to change, but when you've pretty much told the world, and you plan on a movie premiere along with it, you do your best to stick to it.

I think they'll open it, and it may not be finished, they'll just keep working at night until it is done.

darren

pirate: The Disneyland Dashboard shows Saturday, June 24th... the park hours are 6:30AM to 5:00PM ...that's the kickoff for the POTC with the screening for the "elite" ...I'm not one of them tho... :cool1: Oh, well...I can dream can't I??? :cloud9: Thinking of going down tomorrow to see if they do have soft for Friday... if you can get in early Sat...they say you can line up on Main Street to see the 'stars' arrive for the screening... they're supposedly setting up screen on Tom Sawyer's Island?? must be big...
later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter