• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At what point would you do your VIP tour

Timandalicia

DIS Veteran
Need some advice: Which day during the trip would you do the VIP tour and why? (Maybe throw in your dream list if you care to.)
We are going to do one day as a VIP tour to hit all the big rides/new rides.
We are going January 2022.
We go once a year for 10-14 days (except 2020/2021😕).
Going for 10 park days
First day is a Saturday and last park day is a Monday.
Two parents and 3 kids (15, 13, 8).

Last edited:
Which day during the trip would you do the VIP tour and why? (Maybe throw in your dream list if you care to.)

We are going January 2022. 👏🏼
Going for 10 park days

I feel like the best day would be a weekend day to pass the crowds. That sounds insanely fun! It’s going to be enjoyable no matter what :)

I think so too. Do you think at the front end of the trip or toward the end?

Personally I would do it at the end. If I did it at the beginning, I’d spend the rest of the trip comparing each day to how much better it was with the tour guide! Plus by doing it at the end, you can prioritize all of the things you haven’t been able to do by then (if any) or that you want to do once more before heading home.

Personally I would do it at the end. If I did it at the beginning, I’d spend the rest of the trip comparing each day to how much better it was with the tour guide! Plus by doing it at the end, you can prioritize all of the things you haven’t been able to do by then (if any) or that you want to do once more before heading home.
I agree. It would be hard to wait in lines again after the tour.

Co-signed. The start-of-trip excitement really covers all manner of sins, if you save the VIP Tour towards the end you’ll have something to look forward to and can cover anything you missed or want to do again.

Need some advice: Which day during the trip would you do the VIP tour and why? (Maybe throw in your dream list if you care to.)
We are going January 2022.
Going for 10 park days
I think I would do near the beginning. This way I could enjoy the parks after without stressing about which rides to do when and the wait times. I wouldn’t have to focus on the big ticket rides and waits if we had already gotten them out of the way. I can see how doing at the end would be great too!

Co-signed. The start-of-trip excitement really covers all manner of sins, if you save the VIP Tour towards the end you’ll have something to look forward to and can cover anything you missed or want to do again.
Good point. I was thinking we’d be dying for the VIP day to come but you’re so excited just to be there at first.

I think I would do near the beginning. This way I could enjoy the parks after without stressing about which rides to do when and the wait times. I wouldn’t have to focus on the big ticket rides and waits if we had already gotten them out of the way. I can see how doing at the end would be great too!
That was a thought too, and what makes it hard, but that seems to be heavily outnumbered. I’m feeling like the end might be the way to go.

I think you’re right. I think we will do it Sunday and then do Magic Kingdom on Monday (our last day), and just plan to take it easy and say goodbye to the castle.
Thanks for the advice.

We are doing our second VIP tour this summer. We are choosing a day towards the beginning of the trip. This way we can relax a little more without the pressure of having to get on the attractions that have longer lines. If we do get to ride then again it’s a bonus. If not, we did it already.

Also, price out different days just in case there is a price difference. Not sure if weekends are more expensive than weekdays, etc.

Also, ask them what rides they might not include as a part of the VIP experience. I've only ever done the VIP experience at Disneyland and they didn't include Rise of the Resistance. I don't know if it's because it had just opened a few months prior or if they are keeping it that way for a while.

Also, ask them what rides they might not include as a part of the VIP experience. I've only ever done the VIP experience at Disneyland and they didn't include Rise of the Resistance. I don't know if it's because it had just opened a few months prior or if they are keeping it that way for a while.
Rise of the Resistance is not included at WDW either.

We are doing our second VIP tour this summer. We are choosing a day towards the beginning of the trip. This way we can relax a little more without the pressure of having to get on the attractions that have longer lines. If we do get to ride then again it’s a bonus. If not, we did it already.

Also, price out different days just in case there is a price difference. Not sure if weekends are more expensive than weekdays, etc.
Thanks for the advice. Your reason for doing it early is why I’ve been pondering this. Gosh now I’m not sure. Did you do it early the last time? I’m less concerned with price as I am with timing. Hmmmm

Thanks for the advice. Your reason for doing it early is why I’ve been pondering this. Gosh now I’m not sure. Did you do it early the last time? I’m less concerned with price as I am with timing. Hmmmm
Yes, we did it early last time. It was a quick 3 night trip. Doing it early took the pressure off of making sure we hit everyone's favorite attractions.

Rise of the Resistance is not included at WDW either.
Say whaaaaaat? What am I paying all that money for? I can get on all the other rides. Ugh. With all the new stuff coming we were hoping to ensure getting on everything.
-Ratatouille
-Tron 🤷🏻‍♂️
-Mickey and Minnie
-etc.
I guess we do a little reverse shuffle. Make sure we get on the stuff not included ahead of time.
Did you do your vip earlier or later in the trip?

Yes, we did it early last time. It was a quick 3 night trip. Doing it early took the pressure off of making sure we hit everyone's favorite attractions.
Hmmm. Vip sounds perfect for a 3 night trip. We are a little worried that with 10 days, we will peak to early. But we are at least saving a final day at Magic Kingdom for a relaxing day. Maybe we do it in the middle and have four easy days at the parks, then go home. 🤔

You sound like us! We also go for 14 nights each year with 10 park days (and 2 or 3 universal ones) and weve done the vip tour a few times. We like to do it at the very start of our trip, so we’re more energetic and excited, and it sort of sets the tone for the whole trip. We usually do it before our late morning Epcot WS day so we can sleep in the next day.

I like early as well. One big reason for me is that my kids are young-ish (8 and 6) and doing a 7+ hour park day is rough. So doing a VIP tour on day 2 -- and then half days to re-ride rides and/or do rides we didn't do on the tour works out perfect.

And yes, always call and ask if the pricing changes by day for the length of the trip. Because the savings there might trump doing it early vs late (it would for me). Weekends are not more expensive by default, but your trip could always span a "season" change (however they do it exactly, I am not sure). So best to just ask because you might be able to save $125/hour.

One more thing... these are bookable at 60 days out and some days fill up fast (10-15 minutes). So be ready to call right at 9am EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter