Attraction advise

lmk

Dedicated to Elise - Elmo's biggest fan!
My husband and I will be going to WDW in November. We'll be hitting Epcot and MK. I've prepared a list of "do not miss" attractions and would like help eliminating/adding on as well as suggestions on which ones to definitely get to as soon as we get to the park. My husband is not a big fan of rides (he can't stand roller coasters) but loved what I think was a version of Splash Mountain at Universal in California. I, on the other hand love rides. Anyhow, here is my must do list:

MK - Space Mountain, Pirates of Caribbean,Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Haunted Mansion

Epcot - Test Track, Honey I shrunk the kids, Body Wars, Fitness Fairgrounds

Thanks!! :D

You're not going to visit MGM??? That is my favorite park, I think. Actually it's a tie between Epcot and MGM, I can't choose which one is my favorite ;)

I love the Universe of Energy ride. It's fun and cool and relaxing :) I also love the Imagination ride, it's just cute and cool and relaxing :) (Are you noticing a pattern?)

Thanks for your reply. We only have 2 days to visit theme parks. We've both been to Universal Studios in California before and I figured MGM would be pretty similar. Is it that different that it would be worth skipping MK? Please advise.

if he doesn't like roller coaster I don't think he would like Space Mountain or Big Thunder Railroad - what does he not like exactly -

I would add Buzz Lightyear' Space Ranger Spin, Winnie the Pooh is cute, I happen to love Peter Pan's Flight (but the lines can be long) and Jungle Cruise (lines can be long). I also like the Mad Tea Party - but it is similar to an any park.

At Epcot I like Norway's Maelstrom in WS.

I didn't like Honey, I shrunk the audience - I don't like feeling like something is crawling up my leg.

Everything else on your schedule you should both like!

I am confused by your Epcot choices. No World Showcase! GASP!

Epcot -- you MUST ride Spaceship Earth first. Come on! It's the icon! And you MUST see the American Adventure. It's really sinful to miss either of those.

Body Wars -if you've seen one simulator, you've seen them all. HISTA- cute if you haven't seen it before.

MK - love your choices. Gotta add TTA (I always do this first thing when I enter Tomorrowland), and Jungle Cruise since you're doing the classics. I'd also try to add Buzz and Alien Encounter (if you like that sort of thing and haven't seen it before, it's quite an experience). Oh, and Peter Pan is my Fantasyland favorite, but I would understand if you skipped it.

However, you're not forgiven if you miss Spaceship Earth and American Adventure!

Don't worry, we're going to World showcase - I just didn't consider it a ride/attraction as I would consider the others. Thanks for the input - keep it coming.

Doc Rafiki, what is TTA?? I should also add that my husband got quite motion sick on the Back to the Future simulator at Universal. Any of the rides I mentioned likely to do the same? It's unfortunate for me because I love motion simulation rides - might just have to do them alone : (

Also wondering about Disneyquest as an evening out for the 2 of us. (Secretly I just want to go to the Cheesecake factory!!)

Originally posted by cinderellakh20
Don't forget to see Illuminations at Epcot - it was the greatest!!!! :bounce:
Absolutely! I just figured that was a given! :)

lmk - TTA is Tomorrowland Transit Authority, nee the Wedway Peoplemover. I like it because it gives you a teaser of a lot of the attractions, kind of like a preview. I especially recommend it to newbies. Besides, it never has a line and is really relaxing.

Similarly, when I bring newbies to Epcot, I part at the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC, not to be confused with TTA ;) ) and ride the monorail over so they can have the preview of Future World on the Monorail. I just get so frustrated when people don't pay attention to the spiel!

IMO, if you've ridden Back To The Future, Body Wars is a let-down. It's just like Star Tours. It isn't as intense as BTTF, so he might not get sick on it. If you sit in the back, you can pay attention to the room rather than the screen if you get sick, and you realize that you're not moving much. I do it because I'm bored. ;) But, if you like simulators, go for it. I haven't seen much of a wait there in years.

Sorry, no info on DQ... I really need to try that place out!

Yes we're definitely doing illuminations - I've seen it before but my husband is a first-timer. Jen, just curious how you got the stethoscope on the smiley?? I'm a people doctor and would love to get myself one of those!!

A lot of good ideas so far...but where is Cranium Command. At Epcot the best short never crowded show is Cranium Command.
At MK as DocRafiki mentioned Jungle Cruise is a classic but try to do this one after dark. Sometimes I sort of just hang around the line area to get the "last boat out" for the night. You dont see all the other boats and by the end of the ride it gets sort of quiet.
RussH

Originally posted by lmk
Yes we're definitely doing illuminations - I've seen it before but my husband is a first-timer. Jen, just curious how you got the stethoscope on the smiley?? I'm a people doctor and would love to get myself one of those!!

Just right click on the smiley, go to "properties," then copy the URL. Then just paste it as you would any other smiley or pic.
doctor.gif

We've both been to Universal Studios in California before and I figured MGM would be pretty similar.

Universal Studios, Hollywood has some attractions that are similar/identical to those at Universal Studios, Florida... but the Disney/MGM Studios is full of unique attractions, and is in no way connected to Universal.

At the Disney-MGM Studios, you can:
~Take a one-of-a-kind tour of Walt Disney Feature Animation Florida (the studio that was responsible for Mulan and Lilo and Stitch ).
~Be an extra in an Epic Stunt Show starring Indiana Jones.
~Visit Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, and the rest of the Muppets in a 4-D adventure.
~Fly through deep space on Star Tours.
~Enter the 5th Dimension on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
~Take a Spectacular Journey into the movies on The Great Movie Ride.
~Voyage 'Under the Sea' with The Little Mermaid.
~Enjoy the interactive antics of the Citizens of Hollywood and other Streetmosphere characters.
~Have a meal in a Sitcom at the '50s Prime-Time Cafe, Eat in a 'car' while watching B-movie trailers at the Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre, or enjoy a glamourous meal at the Hollywood Brown Derby.
~Watch Mickey Mouse triumph over the powers of evil in 'Fantasmic!'
~Sit in the 'Hot Seat' in your very own episode of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?'
~Relive 'One Man's Dream', the story of Walt Disney.
~Witness a cavalcade of Hollywood heavy-hitters in the
Disney Stars and Motorcars parade.

No matter which parks you choose, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous visit.

Enjoy!!!

:D :bounce: :D :Pinkbounc My favorites: MK-- Space Mountain. BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, TTA, Country Bear Jamboree, Splash Mountain.
EPCOT: Spaceship earth, Body Wars, Test Track, the movie in France (love the music).
I personally don't get alien encounter tried it twice and still didn't get it the second time. I don't understand why people love this so much. It's not scary, it's just in the dark. WOOO watch out for the boogey man. (just my opinion,of course, try it you might like it) Have fun and enjoy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter