attractions that need to go!!

Hall of presidents is on our must do list this time. I'd get rid of Ellen's energy adventure as my first to go. I know the county bears are a classic, but they could at least use a refurb.

+1 to trash Ellen. Terrible all round, and the anamatronic of Ellen is horrid, poor lass should complain ;)

It's the only ride that's ever made me feel sick (and I'm a big ride person) and you are stuck on that puppy for what feel like an eternity. It's the only ride on my never again list.

I used to hate its a small world, but I've mellowed with age & find it charming now.

Backlot Tour is probably on the scrap pile already (thankfully). For me, the Tiki Room can leave without a glance back. I know it was Walt's innovation, but my 4 year old dragged us into it last trip and it was worse than I remember. Even the kids were bored out of their skulls. On a day where even Small World hit 60 minutes for a wait, there were maybe 20 people total in the Tiki Room.

The Carousel is a classic attraction that has been around forever. It's one of Walt's attractions. I don't think it will be going anywhere. Yes, keeping everything updated with the times is important, but it's also important to always remember your original goal and where you came from. That's where rides like the Carousel, HoP, and Dumbo fit in. It would be like tearing down the Empire State Building because we can build skyscrapers better now.

I would say a better target would be Backlot Tour, Captain EO, and pretty much all of future world at EPCOT.

Rides I would hate to see go but should probably go or need a major overhaul close to tearing down and redoing are Tomorrowland Speedway and The Great Movie Ride. The speedway needs electric cars at the very least. The Great Movie Ride has mostly movies that I barely associate with. My kids will have pretty much zero interest or understanding in any of it. So it either needs pretty much all new movies or to be torn down. I, personally, like TGMR like it is, I just don't think the next gen will.

The Carousel is a classic attraction that has been around forever. It's one of Walt's attractions. I don't think it will be going anywhere. Yes, keeping everything updated with the times is important, but it's also important to always remember your original goal and where you came from. That's where rides like the Carousel, HoP, and Dumbo fit in. It would be like tearing down the Empire State Building because we can build skyscrapers better now. I would say a better target would be Backlot Tour, Captain EO, and pretty much all of future world at EPCOT. Rides I would hate to see go but should probably go or need a major overhaul close to tearing down and redoing are Tomorrowland Speedway and The Great Movie Ride. The speedway needs electric cars at the very least. The Great Movie Ride has mostly movies that I barely associate with. My kids will have pretty much zero interest or understanding in any of it. So it either needs pretty much all new movies or to be torn down. I, personally, like TGMR like it is, I just don't think the next gen will.

I think with COP, updates need to he made to the future scene, but other than that the ride is a good way to show the journey through time and technology.

Hall of presidents= excellent place to take a nap... Hope it never leaves

The rides is like to see replaced or at least fixed up are captain eo and tomorrowland speedway. With the speedway, if it's supposed to be the land of tomorrow, the cars should be electric. That's the only change that should be made to it tho. The tiki room is another one I wouldn't be upset if it goes. I haven't gone in that attraction for a while. I would also consider updating the aa's in jungle cruise, but that isn't a big deal.

One ride I think needs a refurb or a makeover at least is stitches great escape went on it last trip and I was like what is the point of this. They did such a great job with the stitch animatronic but it was the stupidest ride ever.

Wow, the Hall of PResidents is a classic, and such a very well done show. It makes you think and is educational, something Walt believed in. I enjoy it every time.

THe carousel is a fixture and I couldn't imagine it not being there. It's kinda more of a decoration maybe, but it should never be removed. It's not big enough for anything to take its place anyway.

One ride I think needs a refurb or a makeover at least is stitches great escape went on it last trip and I was like what is the point of this. They did such a great job with the stitch animatronic but it was the stupidest ride ever.

I agree with this completely. We always avoided it because we are not big Stitch fans but in Oct decided to give it a try because the line was the shortest around. Just shows that some lines are short for a reason. Three minutes in my ds(6) was freaking out because the shoulder bar came down too far and was hurting his shoulders. And he is not a fan of the dark. We would have just left if we could have gotten out of our seats. Of all the attractions at WDW, this is the one that should go first. There is just no point to it.

I agree with this completely. We always avoided it because we are not big Stitch fans but in Oct decided to give it a try because the line was the shortest around. Just shows that some lines are short for a reason. Three minutes in my ds(6) was freaking out because the shoulder bar came down too far and was hurting his shoulders. And he is not a fan of the dark. We would have just left if we could have gotten out of our seats. Of all the attractions at WDW, this is the one that should go first. There is just no point to it.

The joke in my household is that they strap you in so there's not an early stampede to the exit ;)

I act as if that ride doesn't exist. It doesn't make sense, they base that ride around a family IP, but the darkness etc probably isn't welcoming for children. That space could be much better utilized.

I act as if that ride doesn't exist. It doesn't make sense, they base that ride around a family IP, but the darkness etc probably isn't welcoming for children. That space could be much better utilized.

The irony is that the previous attraction was deemed too scary for children so they changed it to Stitch.

Personally the ride I think should obviously go is Mission Space not only does it induce vomiting but its killed people I mean come on..Horizons may have been outdated but it was no murderer.

Also at the very least they could add some cushioning to the Ellen ride who wants to sit on a hard plastic bench for 30 mins. Or bulldoze it either way

I was back last week and felt like I should go to the few people in line and tell them to get away while they still could. As far as better utilizing the space, anything would be better. They have a fastpass+ kiosk right there, maybe do something interactive for those waiting in line, as this line was 3 times as long as Stitch's.

I love the Hall of Presidents. It's air conditioned, provides a nice place to sit down, and it's educational which was a feature Walt Disney believed in including in his parks.

That being said some things need to go. The Stitch ride in Magic Kingdom is terrible I can still smell the gross hot dog burp. The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse serves no purpose, if they could change it into a playground that would be great. The Backlot Tour used to be one of my favorites but it is outdated and the stunt driving show took away the space for much of the tram ride.

Country bears just got a refurb to shorten it, I love country bears but they could do better with it.

Yes, they replaced the bears with Chuck E' Cheese! That ride needs to go!!! Launch them right into the Sassagoula! HARRIBLE!!

"It's a Small World". That ride was out-dated and obnoxious the first time I rode it in 1983.

We LOVE "it's a small world!". It is classic Walt Disney! My entire family would be heartbroken if it left.

I think that nearly every ride at WDW is special and a favorite to some family... except Stitch, I have NEVER heard one person say anything good about it. :confused3

Get rid of stitch's great escape. That is the worst ride in the park.

I was so disappointed when I "rode" this one. I closed my eyes the whole time because I was so frightened (I'm a big scaredy cat!). :scared1: Lilo and Stitch is one of my absolute favorite movies, and Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters. I don't know why they had to make such a scary ride based on his untamed alien form. There's a lot of other things they could have done with the movie/character.

As for the comments about the Carousel, I always thought it was one of the biggest wastes of space in the park (even though it barely takes up any room). I had a giant carousel- twice as big as WDW's- near my home in our local mall that I rode at least once a week when I was young. The novelty factor just wasn't there for me- it just seemed too ordinary for a Disney ride and that always bothered me.

However, after beginning to take trips with BF, I figured out that my experience with having a local carousel was pretty uncommon. The carousel is one of his absolute favorite rides, and its a must-do for us. Even though I still don't find it novel, I love riding it because he does. Also, I love the Disney twist on Carousel music! :thumbsup2

I'd have to agree with Stitch. You know what else has to go, or at least be updated? Finding Nemo: The Musical. I love the musical, but i'd be nice to see something new. Same with Beauty and the Beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter