Attractions you DON’T want to ride again

Splash and Grizzly - if anyone is going to get soaked in the boat it is me. Every. Dang. Time. Doesn't matter where I sit.
Goofy's Sky School - did it a couple of weeks ago after not doing it for years. Now I remember why. The feeling that I'm going to go flying off the edge is not at all fun. (My daughter, however, had a blast listening to me scream)
Space Mountain - love this ride but I can't do it anymore. Makes me ill no matter how much Bonine I take prior to riding it.
Astro Orbitor - see above

None I won't do again but here's my caveat
Autopia - Haven't done for 10 years but have kids who want to next trip so will
Subs - Will not ride this unless the line was less than 10 minutes during mid afternoon when all the other rides are long (just no appeal and such a long line and the ride takes awhile too)
Matterhorn - do once a trip but that is it

In DCA
Goofy's sky school (haven't done this since Mulholland Madness and it jarred my body around soooo much)
Swings - One of 2 rides we have never done (canoes is the other) but just due to the fact we canoe and we have swings that we do regularly so don't waste the time.

There's really nothing I don't want to ride again, but there are a few I can't due to motion sickness. I'd ride them again in a heartbeat if it weren't for that.

Nemo submarine never again. I had to focus on being calm to get through it . I’ve never felt claustrophobic before that . Matterhorn is too jerky but I’d probably go on it again if my kids really wanted me to 😊

Disneyland: everything in Toontown, currently. My kids used to like Gadgets, but they are older now. None of us can stand Roger Rabbit.

I am also fine with never riding Storybookland Canal Boats again. Just SUCH a slow and boring line for a meh ride. I prefer to view the miniatures from Casey Jr, which we all still enjoy.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: this rides time came and went a long time ago.

DCA: Nothing I wouldn't ride again here. I enjoy all of it, even the Jellyfish.

There are a lot I've done that I haven't repeated but will when I have grandchildren. But, I will never ever ride the Incredicoaster again sitting in the back. I was nauseous for hours afterwards.

There's a lot of rides I would be perfectly fine never riding again but that's a bit different from constantly trying to avoid them. So if I had friends who really wanted to ride them or they were walk ons while everything else in the area was 30+ min, I may go on.

Matterhorn because it's so uncomfortable.
Golden Zephyr because I'd much rather do Little Mermaid, the Jellyfish or Swings
Goofy's Sky School because it's a cramped off the shelf roller coaster that's not worth waiting for in my opinion

I find it interesting that nobody has mentioned Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes. People love to skip it but I guess people who bothered to go on it found that it's actually kinda fun if your boat is full of people who enjoy the jokes?

There's still many I haven't enjoyed but want to - Canoes, Zephyr (actually, most of the "Pier" rides), Tom Sawyer's Island (not a "ride" I know but still) - but we only get to go for a few days every couple of years so focus is generally on the "must do's".

I've got a list I've been compiling for a while of things I need to try if time permits. Our last trip, I knocked Jungle Book and Peter Pan off that list. Now, I understand this is heresy but, I've got to say that for me, those two are now on my DON'T ride again list. I really did enjoy the Jungle Book queue theming though - excellent. The ride just didn't live up to the queue for me. Peter Pan was just a crazy, boring, wait - on one of the Merriest Nights, at the late end of the night - for a ride that I found "meh".

Last edited:
DL - Matterhorn and Indy. My daughter won't allow me to ride Matterhorn and Indy gives me a severe headache that lasts 24-36 hours. Not worth it.

DCA - Goofy's Skyskool. Again, painful.

I understand the people who don’t like Matterhorn. It can be quite painful. But I’ve learned it’s better and actually really fun if you lean forward. It’s also just a really important icon of Disneyland to me

Yes! I finally learned how to comfortably ride the Matterhorn this past November: Lean forward so your back isn't touching the backrest. Press your knees into the sides of the car to brace yourself. Get a good grip on the bars in front of you. You are basically holding yourself steady and not letting the ride toss you around. It takes a bit of strength, but I came off feeling much better than I ever had and actually enjoyed the ride. It's still not something I'll do over and over, but I can now manage it once a trip.

There's nothing I won't ride again except for the swinging gondolas in the ferris wheel. I find them terrifying and not fun at all. I also am pretty nervous to ride the teacups because my motion sickness has gotten worse in recent years, so I tend to avoid them.

Once was enough for Roger Rabbit. I will never ride the ferris wheel-too scary!

I will probably never ride Big Thunder Mountain again, which makes me really sad. It's my favorite ride but I can't go on it anymore because of back issues. Same with Space, Splash, Indy and Matterhorn. Luckily I can still go on Pirates of the Caribbean & Haunted Mansion and a few other fast rides.

I understand the people who don’t like Matterhorn. It can be quite painful. But I’ve learned it’s better and actually really fun if you lean forward. It’s also just a really important icon of Disneyland to me
My family tried this trick on our recent visit and had a little mishap. My son was leaning forward and then got jerked forward and hit his face on the seat in front of him! He was fine, but now I know that I should some how brace myself to keep that from happening.

For me Incredicoaster was one and done (or done for now). I used to hate Indiana Jones, but rode it this last trip and fell in love with it.

I've never done Mickey's wheel of death and never plan to,

My family tried this trick on our recent visit and had a little mishap. My son was leaning forward and then got jerked forward and hit his face on the seat in front of him! He was fine, but now I know that I should some how brace myself to keep that from happening.

For me Incredicoaster was one and done (or done for now). I used to hate Indiana Jones, but rode it this last trip and fell in love with it.

I've never done Mickey's wheel of death and never plan to,
Oh no, that’s terrible! I’m too tall for that to be a problem haha

Matterhorn. I don't get it, I just feel like I will fall off the ride. Probably have ridden it like 5 times since I was a teeny tiny toddler and I honestly don't intend to again.

Autopia. Rode it once since childhood, sooo boring. I wanted to leave the car and walk away.

GoTG. Free falling rides are my literal nightmares. Don't intend to ever ride it.

Ferris wheel. Cause I hate them all in general.

Splash and Grizzly. Hate hate hate getting wet no matter what.
Me too! The last time my family went, I ended up sitting in the front (and everyone laughed because they know how much I hate getting wet). The ride photo has gone down in history as the best ride photo of all time, because I'm all bundled up to stay dry, and the look of terror on my face is priceless. Everyone who saw the photo thought I was terrified of heights or something - NO! I was terrified of the WATER! LOL! 😆

Might be an unpopular opinion but Webslingers for me. I love the vibe of Avenger's Campus but WS is just so meh. It's basically a giant arcade game while you sit in a box. I seem to remember some patent filings before Avenger's Campus was built and it showed some sort of swing arm ride vehicle and ppl were predicting it's some sort of Spiderman ride where you swing through NYC. Don't know what happened with that but this is definitely a let down and not worth the wait in my opinion. Still holding out hope for another ride in that giant show building to knock my socks off.

I find Buzz and Midway Mania to be a snoozefest. I am bored silly by video game style shooting rides. I've never been on Webslingers yet, but that doesn't sound like it would appeal to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter