August 16, 2011, Disney Dream - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my...I just found our 2nd thread! I really need to get a subscription going again so that I can keep up. I really am sorry that I have been MIA this spring but life has just been really crazy! I am totally looking forward to finishing school up next week and then I promise to pay close attention to things and am going to dedicate several days to updating our website! :thumbsup2

Eric - I will send you a PM. You can then send me an e-mail with the information I need and we will get you connected! Welcome aboard!

Jude - Thanks for all the running support...on all the threads! :rotfl2: It is getting closer to tomorrow and I am starting to feel a bit more nervous. I feel like I should really do some stress eating but instead, I am off to Emily & Ben's dress rehearsal.

Castaway Cay 5K - I should get a list going of people who are planning on doing this. I know we are going to CC 2 times, so it will be interesting to see who is planning on running it and what day (or both?). DH and I are planning on running it at least once. The kids might want to give it a try as well...we will have to see. Last time it took me FOREVER to finish it but I am hoping to finish with a more respectable time next summer.

Have a great night and I promise I will be much more active after next Friday!

Jen

Hi Everyone!

It's been months and months since I've posted, but I found the new thread and had to pop in to say hello! I've still got two weeks to go before the school year ends, then I'm teaching summer school, but the two weeks off in between will be heavenly! Hopefully I'll be able to post more over the summer.

Melissa

Hey Jen, how did the race go? Was the weather ok for that long of a run?

The race was really good! :thumbsup2 Here is a bit of the summary I posted on the WISH thread of the DIS...

We got to the race about 6:15 AM and I was stunned by all the runners (even though I knew it would be huge, I was still surprised). I was even more surprised when I saw that our area to line up was about 2 blocks back from the start line (this was based on the pace we were aiming for). The weather really was cooperating with us as it was a perfect temperature. There were points where it was really sunny and hot and other times where the skies were a bit cloudy and a slight breeze would come (loved this part). DH and I felt really good this morning and the first miles passed pretty quickly. We had planned on walking at mile 4...but didn't. We walked for a couple of moments to get drinks at mile 5 and then ran right away again. We planned on walking at mile 8...but didn't. Again, we walked for a minute or two to drink and have some jelly beans. At about mile 11 we caught up with Corinna (from the WISH / Team Ohana) and again, walked as we had drinks. Then we ran again. The end of the race is almost all uphill. There was one really steep hill where we power walked up part of it as our running was as slow as walking! I was so excited to see the flag for mile 13 and crossing the finish line was AMAZING!

Our time: 2 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds!
Our goal: 2 hours, 45 minutes (or more...we just were hoping for under 3 hours)

I am so proud of DH and totally proud of myself. I can't believe that we completed the race in such a great time!

On the way home, we were talking about registering for our next 1/2 marathon...we must be insane!

Alright, time to focus on completing my student report cards, but I just wanted to share how happy I was. Here is one of the photos:

P6070459-1.jpg

Hi everyone!

It's been a long while since I've posted!!! (but I have been lurking :rolleyes: and am somewhat caught up with what you've all been up to lately)

There are 3 more weeks left of school and I am counting down the days!!!

I am also almost done with my masters degree! Two more months to go!!! And I've some good news to share... I was hired to teach 9th and 10th grade history for the 2010-2011 school year! :woohoo:

Here's some pixie dust for all pixiedust: and wishing that all is going well for everyone! I'll try to check in more often once things settle down!

Jen-Congrats on the race!!! :thumbsup2 I'm thinking about the 5K at CC on one of the days we are there...It'll give me some motivation to start hitting the gym now :upsidedow!!!

Eric and Family- :welcome:

I am also almost done with my masters degree! Two more months to go!!! And I've some good news to share... I was hired to teach 9th and 10th grade history for the 2010-2011 school year! :woohoo:

Congratulations! I've been teaching World History for five years now. It's an awesome subject! I'm jealous that you're almost done with your masters. I still have at least another year to go on mine. In fact, I'm working on aq final paper right now.

Melissa

Congratulations! I've been teaching World History for five years now. It's an awesome subject! I'm jealous that you're almost done with your masters. I still have at least another year to go on mine. In fact, I'm working on aq final paper right now.

Melissa

Thank you!!!

Good luck with the masters!!! The year will fly by :)

My family will be on this cruise, how do I get in touch with jenanderson to get the password for the website, etc?
Thanks,
Eric

:welcome: Eric and family!

Jen and Paul---CONGRATS on the half marathon! You guy did AWESOME!!!

lovesDcl-Good job on your masters and job!:)

Hi all, just checking in on the new thread. We were in DC Memorial Day weekend, came home for 3 days and Alexa and I left again. I haven't had 2 seconds to do anything!!! But wanted to make sure I am here on the new thread.

Hey all!

We are still around, although quite busy with the the end of school and activities!

I can't believe we are almost to the one year mark. Even that seems so far away, but I guess it will be here soon enough. Our daughter turned 8 this past week and still doesn't know about the cruise. I can't decide whether to tell her about it early, wait until her 9th birthday as a special present, or just pack up and go and leave her guessing. :)

I would still like to run the Castaway Cay 5K, but I am still treadmilling it and haven't done much running outside. I have been running the 5K on my treadmill three or four times a week, but I have a million excuses (heat, being scared) to not run outside. I won't ever run a 5K race until I do! If I do run it, I will be running at the first stop, so that I won't feel guilty having a drink or two the rest of the trip! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Good morning all, it's so weird that we're only on page three now. I keep trying to hit the last page button and there isn't one! It is definately the end of the school year, all the kids are going wild at my school and the class picnics have begun. Nothing like hypeing up 100 or so kids at a time and then making them go back to class! 7 more days left and my son still has a field trip, picnic, and field day. You know they won't be learning much more this year.

Good morning all, it's so weird that we're only on page three now. I keep trying to hit the last page button and there isn't one! It is definately the end of the school year, all the kids are going wild at my school and the class picnics have begun. Nothing like hypeing up 100 or so kids at a time and then making them go back to class! 7 more days left and my son still has a field trip, picnic, and field day. You know they won't be learning much more this year.

No tests or exams?! Our older son has final exams all next week and our younger son is getting hammered this week with tests (next week will be the week where they aren't doing anything substantial!).

No tests or exams?! Our older son has final exams all next week and our younger son is getting hammered this week with tests (next week will be the week where they aren't doing anything substantial!).

He's only in 3rd grade so I don't think they really have "finals" they just test throughout the year. My daughter just finished her last test today, she's in middle school so they do have tests. The rest of this week is cake for her too, field day one day and then a diabetes walk the next. Next week they only have half days so they don't really do much but clean out their desks/lockers, ect.

The race was really good! :thumbsup2 Here is a bit of the summary I posted on the WISH thread of the DIS...

We got to the race about 6:15 AM and I was stunned by all the runners (even though I knew it would be huge, I was still surprised). I was even more surprised when I saw that our area to line up was about 2 blocks back from the start line (this was based on the pace we were aiming for). The weather really was cooperating with us as it was a perfect temperature. There were points where it was really sunny and hot and other times where the skies were a bit cloudy and a slight breeze would come (loved this part). DH and I felt really good this morning and the first miles passed pretty quickly. We had planned on walking at mile 4...but didn't. We walked for a couple of moments to get drinks at mile 5 and then ran right away again. We planned on walking at mile 8...but didn't. Again, we walked for a minute or two to drink and have some jelly beans. At about mile 11 we caught up with Corinna (from the WISH / Team Ohana) and again, walked as we had drinks. Then we ran again. The end of the race is almost all uphill. There was one really steep hill where we power walked up part of it as our running was as slow as walking! I was so excited to see the flag for mile 13 and crossing the finish line was AMAZING!

Our time: 2 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds!
Our goal: 2 hours, 45 minutes (or more...we just were hoping for under 3 hours)

I am so proud of DH and totally proud of myself. I can't believe that we completed the race in such a great time!

On the way home, we were talking about registering for our next 1/2 marathon...we must be insane!

Alright, time to focus on completing my student report cards, but I just wanted to share how happy I was. Here is one of the photos:

P6070459-1.jpg

Jen,

Congratulations
party::dancer:party:
Janeanne

WOW!! I can't believe we've maxed out our first thread too funny!! Haven't posted in awhile been very busy especially the next 3 weeks coming. Then we'll be leaving in 70 days for the World so very excited staying at Bay Lake Towers 2 bedroom Magic Kingdom view. We almost book a 4 day Wonder cruise this week for the end of our Disney vacation in August, but realized our son would miss his last summer reading class so we didn't book it :( oh well just have to wait for the Dream!! Laurie

Laurie,

How exciting to be staying @ BLT....Please, take some pictures....We leave for the World in 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter