August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from a girls weekend for a bachelorette party and wedding of a good friend in Ohio. Thursday night... bachelorette party - friday recuperating, Saturday wedding, sunday recuperating.... funny how 20 years ago I used to party all night and then go home take a shower and go straight to work. Never had to build in recuperation time.

hello....hello...hello..hello

Bottom of page two, where is everyone?

We,re here again too
hello....

OK Thinking about the Disney Dream what is the most thing you want to do ??

For me its the AquaDuck this is what really sold me on this cruise :banana::banana::banana:

My 4 and 1/2 year old is all over that aqua duct!!! I swear that we watch the you tube video of it EVERY DAY... sometimes twice!
I am excited to see the virtual porthole since we have an inside room... at least I need to convince myself that I am excited about it instead of having a balcony:):laughing:

Jami

Hello Fellow Cruisers,,..........

What a nice day today. Tomorrow, is supposed to be even better!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We live in Eastern PA! It is beautiful! If you come this way... Hershey Park is great! We live in Easton... right on the border of PA and NJ and we have Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom and the Crayola Factory within minutes of us!

You brought back some good memories. I have not been to Dorney Park since I was a teenager with my church group. Just you mentioning it makes me want to go. I see a road trip in my future.

I'll be at Dorney with my kids on June 12! It is Dorney Day which is sponsored by my Student Council (I'm the adviser) and our school's NJHS. We used to have season passes before kids... we used them to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio and Knott's Berry Farm in California! Good Times!:thumbsup2 Now, I visit Disney more than the park 15 minutes from my house!

We live in Eastern PA! It is beautiful! If you come this way... Hershey Park is great! We live in Easton... right on the border of PA and NJ and we have Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom and the Crayola Factory within minutes of us!

We have a swim meet out in Ephrata, PA in July... we will be mixing in a Hershey Park trip! :)

Wow - it's been 7 months since we all "met" and it looks like we'll be needing a second thread very shortly......

Counting the hours to a 3 day weekend...... :)

I got my computer back tonight!!!! yeah! :thumbsup2 Virus free, I hope. My nephew had to wipe the entire thing and start over from scratch. So tonight I'll be trying to remember what the heck I had in my bookmarks.

Yeah for no viruses! My computer had one not too long ago and I had to take it to get fixed. It seems good now!

Lovegrumpy, sorry you guys won't be onboard with us. Have fun on the roadtrip! I keep trying to go north, but my car always heads south! After driving to Disney 7 times last year I think it's now programed to go directly there any time we head out the door! :rotfl:

We love our AP's too...This year we will be able to get five trips out of ours this year. I love how they offered 15 months this time for renewing this year.
:thumbsup2 for the !5 month renewal! The only dilema for me now is that our AP's expire 3 days before DS turns the big 10. I don't know whether to renew before his b'day (not til Feb, so I have time to plan) or wait and buy new AP's. I'm not sure when we will be going next year...notice I said when, not if we will be going!:) I hope we go a few days or so before the cruise and maybe Spring Break and/or Christmas time 2011.

The TIW is great. This summer are not going to do the meal-plan. In April when we did it I was not impressed with the food this time.

We like the TIW too! I haven't been as impressed with the food lately either or the peak time price increase! The food prices are expensive enough without raising them during peak times, which is mostly when we've been going lately. This year we might go the week before Christmas. Does anyone know if this is peak dining time? or we might go the week after for NYE. I know this is peak dining and everything else! We've been the last two NYE's and I though it might be nice to have lower crowds.I guess we will see how things go!

Yes... I do have the TIW card... we did our Spring Break trip in 09 using it for all of our meals and no plan at all. I booked lunches at nice places when the parks were very crowded and we used the card. Then we would go back to the hotel and swim or go Downtown... then just do a QS for dinner! We love the Pepper Market, Sassagoula Foodworks and the value resort food courts(at resorts without table service restaurants I used my TIW card!). This summer we ended up booking 2 seperate ressies ... 1 night at Kidani and 8 more at Jambo (we like Jambo better with the kids)... we booked the deluxe mealplan for our first night to do the castle dinner and Crystal Palace for lunch. The rest of our trip we are doing QS. Our 16 month old does NOT want to sit to eat!!!!

We stayed at Kidani and it was nice, but we like Jambo better since that is where the Mara is! Have fun on your trip. When do you go? We've never done the deluxe dining. Sounds like a good idea to split it up that way.

I must admit that I love cruising... no matter what line! We have been on 9 cruises and only 1 was a DCL! By far my fave was Alaska on Royal Caribbean! DCL just brings my two favorite vacations together as one!!!:goodvibes

So true! Cruising is fun and addicting!

Wow - it's been 7 months since we all "met" and it looks like we'll be needing a second thread very shortly......

Counting the hours to a 3 day weekend...... :)

It does look like it's almost time for part 2!:) Things have been sort of quiet around here lately! I guess evryone is busy wrapping up school and activites
Yeah, for the 3 day weekend! Anyone got any big plans? I hope our weather is good. It's been rainy and warm here this week!

Happy WED. Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the three day weekend to hang in the pool. Just can't wait. Today, was another HOT DAY!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Evening Everyone!

I feel like it has been forever since I have been on this thread! I hope everyone is doing great and is counting down to summer.

We are getting excited to go to our lake place for the long weekend and I can't wait...what is everyone else doing?

Evening Everyone!

I feel like it has been forever since I have been on this thread! I hope everyone is doing great and is counting down to summer.

We are getting excited to go to our lake place for the long weekend and I can't wait...what is everyone else doing?

Hey Jen,

Enjoy, your time at the cabin. Any word yet??

Thinking, of you this week!!

No word yet...I will be drinking in frustration! :mad:

Did you take care of your situation?

How is everything else going?

Things, are going well. HOT here I love the heat but not when I am in the classroom and it is just as hot inside the school as it is outside...............

The situation is still going on. The kids "Freaked Out" and did not want us to say anything. So not sure what to do now!!:scared1::scared1:

Things, are going well. HOT here I love the heat but not when I am in the classroom and it is just as hot inside the school as it is outside...............

The situation is still going on. The kids "Freaked Out" and did not want us to say anything. So not sure what to do now!!:scared1::scared1:

We are still warm here but the humidity dropped so it is so nice outside. When Paul and I ran on Sunday, it reminded me of running on Castaway Cay with the heat and humidity...I thought we would die. We didn't though and we actually were able to run 9.25 miles. Only one more long run before our 1/2 marathon! :eek:

I hope you continue to monitor the situation and over-ride the girls if anything else goes on.

Have you made a countdown chain yet on how many days you have left to teach before you can head to WDW? :goodvibes

well, I just booked my next Disney vacation!!! :banana: We're doing the Halloween 5K on Oct. 2nd. I figured that if I was going on a cruise that leaves out of Florida I might as well go to Disney too. We're going to be on vacation for 18 days, my kids schools will be sending me home a nasty-gram for sure! But you only live once, whats a little truency every now and then eh? I can't wait to get to my happy place, I already booked O'hana's and got our tickets for the MNSSHP. Now I just have to finish booking my excursions for the cruise and we'll be set.
Jen, I'm glad to see you're back. Does this mean that we'll get another installment in the TR? That's great that you are able to run so far, how many miles is a half marathon? I'm finally up to week 5 on the "one foot in the grave to 5K" program.

We have a swim meet out in Ephrata, PA in July... we will be mixing in a Hershey Park trip! :)

Hershey Park Happy!!!! Hershey Park sounds like fun... Hershey Park! :goodvibes Sorry, I just couldn't resist the Hershey Park commercial jingles!
We plan on going to Hershey over the summer but not sure when... I already bought 3 tickets from our PTA a discounted rate of just $29.00 each! Gotta love buying tickets through our school!:thumbsup2

We stayed at Kidani and it was nice, but we like Jambo better since that is where the Mara is! Have fun on your trip. When do you go? We've never done the deluxe dining. Sounds like a good idea to split it up that way.

We are leaving for WDW July 5!!! But first... Acadia National Park in Maine June 24. Oh and did I mention I am going to the World for 3 nights with my 2 best girl friends July 26??? We are doing a 1 night premium package right in the middle to do the tours, signature dining, diner shows and lots of parasailing and watercraft rentals! I am super excited!:woohoo:

well, I just booked my next Disney vacation!!! :banana: We're doing the Halloween 5K on Oct. 2nd. I figured that if I was going on a cruise that leaves out of Florida I might as well go to Disney too. We're going to be on vacation for 18 days, my kids schools will be sending me home a nasty-gram for sure! But you only live once, whats a little truency every now and then eh? I can't wait to get to my happy place, I already booked O'hana's and got our tickets for the MNSSHP. Now I just have to finish booking my excursions for the cruise and we'll be set.
Jen, I'm glad to see you're back. Does this mean that we'll get another installment in the TR? That's great that you are able to run so far, how many miles is a half marathon? I'm finally up to week 5 on the "one foot in the grave to 5K" program.

CONGRATS, on booking another Disney Trip!! When in October are you going. We are going in October too!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter