August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

DIS Veteran
This thread has taken off and to try and keep on top of the items available here are some quick links if you're interested.....

- OK some people can't or just don't want to read all of the drivel on this thread, and I can appreciate that. Winotracy has started a bi-monthly newsletter to keep everyone up on excursions, DisMeets, arrangments for hotels, busses to and from the ports etc. If you want to join this Email list (As I say twice a month so you're not going to get innundated with junk) Join the official list by PMing Jazzman to be put on his list (see below) and introduce yourselves on the thread. Just a quick hi etc. Then PM Winotracy and she will add you to the newsletter list.

- To find items of interest within this huge thread go to winotracy's post on page 297 and you will find an index of items. This will help immeasurably in finding information you know you've seen but now can't remember.

- Mickeyfan1 is the Chat Mistress and we have LIVE chats on Tuesdays, 7:00 PM Eastern Time and Saturdays, 9:00 PM Eastern Time.

- piglet33 has her lime green personalized mickey head magnets

- The latest "Fools" thing is Dream's Unlimited is sponsoring a wine tasting afternoon, onboard the Magic during the cruise!!!! Each couple is asked to bring a bottle of wine, Preferably a local wine from your area of residence, but if not don't worry, and we will be "tasting" other's contributions while nibbling on the snacks supplied by Dream's Unlimited. To register for this P.M. Winotracy on the DIS and she will fill you in!!!!!

- Piglet33 is graciously producing name tags with "Ship of Fools" to go on your lanyard. PM her and she will make one for members of your group. They are laminated and sure to be a hit!!!

- Mickeyfan1 is also ordering OFFICIAL "Ship of Fools, 2005" lime green lanyards for your KTTW and name tags. Approximate price will be $2.05 each. As orders are finalized she will have the exact price. PM Mickeyfan1 to order yours!!!!

The Original List of Cruisers was written in HTML. Since the DIS found it a security risk to use html the tables we used to make the list were no longer compatible with the DIS, soooooooooooooooo we have (Actually Jazzman did all the work) placed the list at http://home.att.net/~pete-williams/SOF.html .
Click on the link and it will give you a list of DIS cruisers, ages, cabins and dining info.

Cheers,
Grumbo

We are going to do the repositioning cruise also!!! We can't wait.....two full weeks on the ship!:thewave:

Jennifer

We would like to do the east to west route. Will deffinately be keeeping our ears, eyes and computers ready for this one.

It woudl scrub our trip to Tanzania for a year but the cruise would be great through the Cannal.

Know what you mean.
We had a trip to Europe planned but after a lot of discussion we've decided this is going to win out. Hopefully it will occur and work out.

Cheers,
Grumbo

I already have my request into DU for this cruise. It would be awesome - I have always wanted to go through the panama canal and 14 days on the Magic would be the best.

Ginny

Is it definitely a 14 day cruise? 14 days is a little too long to be away from work for both of us.

Everything is rumour right now.
I figured at least 10 days and those who have done these types of cruises are guesstimating 14 days.
I would have preferred the May one but with our daughter in school it wasn't an option.
Therefore August :)

Hoping for good news Wednesday.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Oooh so it is possible to be 10 days, interesting. When do you go back to school in Canada? We go back after Labor Day in NY. Most of the country goes back in August sometime, so maybe the August repositioning cruise may be less $$$. LOL Wishful thinking.

In Ontario we go back the day after Labour Day (Which in 2005 is September 5) so the the first day of school would be September 6th.
Realistically I think these cruises are NOT going to be too cheap.
Supply and demand. They have a limited number of cruises available and I'm sure the demand is there so have to see :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

We are hoping to do this one, too. We are scheduled for Thanksgiving 2005 but who can resist a special cruise like this.

Patiently waiting for prices now. I used to wish my life away waiting for Friday and payday, now I wait for Disney announcements and discounts. I think I need a 10 step program to cure my Disney addiction. :crazy:

C'mon tomorrow (and I hope the ressie system does not crash with all our requests). :D

Cheryl

Winnyis posted the following intinerary for the West - East repositioning cruise on the main board....

8/20 Los Angeles
8/21 At Sea
8/22 Cabos San Lucas
8/23 At Sea
8/24 Acapulco
8/25 At Sea
8/26 Puerto Quetzal
8/27 At Sea
8/28 Panama Canal
8/29 Panama Canal
8/30 Curacao
8/31 At Sea
9/1 At Sea
9/2 Castaway Cay
9/3 Port Canaveral

Looks like lot of sea days and time to enjoy the ship which is GREAT!!!

Cheers,
Grumbo

So many cool stops!!::yes:: I can't wait until tomorrow. I think at this point, I'm doing this cruise no matter how much it costs!!:earseek:

I'm hoping I can afford this. It sounds incredible. I have my reservation request in, so we'll see what happens. I can't stand the suspense!!
Mike

Count us in. Just my wife and myself! Unless the price of today's news is way out of line, were going! Put in a request for Cat 6 with DU. Just sitting and waiting for the news!!!!! Its killing me!!!

Daughter, SIL, and GD may also sign up.

Our tenative plans are to fly from Fl-Ca a week early, visit my son and family out there (probably at DL) and then cruise home! Grew up going to DL and took our kids there throughout their youth until we moved to WDW territory about 13 years ago. Be good to return to DL for a visit!

Bob and Mary Lane

The price was definately within range!

See you all on board!

:wave:

Scratch
pirate:

We're on too! DH and I just came back from the eastern on the Magic on the 24th of April. And this afternoon we booked the 14 day, Ca to Fl, on August 20th to Sept. 3rd next year. Price was really great. That was a surprise. But not looking a large gift horse in the mouth. Can start looking ahead right now. Estelle

Grumbo,

I was going to start a new thread for this trip, but you beat me to it!!

We're on it!!!!! The prices seem to be a little lower for the homeward bound cruise than for the one to CA.

We were just on the 4/17 Magic with Estelle and a bunch of DISers. Time to start researching the transportation and hotel logistics in LA.

Ed

Booked today. Can't start thinking about this one too much since we've only got 24 more days till out Eastern cruise!

Yeah I started it a few days ago but still don't know if I'M on it yet :)
IF not I think I'll be unsubscribing from that thread :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

OK heard we have 6134 and 6135 for the West - East cruise!!!
This is the partially obstructed Cat 7 plus my parents in a Cat 11 across the hallway.

This is wonderful. Don't know what was worse, waiting to hear from Sandie at Allseasons, or if I'd been on hold waiting for the room. :)

Anyway now gotta start saving :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter