August 2011

Question....

How are the crowds in late August?

Last year, the hubs and I went from Sept. 12-19 and it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping that in late August, enough kids have already gone back to school that it won't be *too* bad.

We were at WDW from Aug 15 - 25th and the crowds weren't too bad...there were a couple of days where we had to wait to get on rides but it was only a couple of rides (splash mountain, Soarin, Peter Pan). Most of the time we had a very short wait and right onto the ride.

We are booked for next August as well...we are going to be at WDW from Aug. 19th - 28th and we are staying at CSR. For this trip we are going to be there with my parents and possibly my Aunt, Uncle and two cousins. We are doing a Carnival cruise before WDW so we may have more people decide to join us down the rode, we are trying to book as a group for the cruise.

Hi! I'm booked for August 24-28 at the Contemporary. I'm taking my Mom and we're staying CL for the first time!! Can't wait. :cool1: My Mom took me the first time for my 5th birthday in 1972. . .and we'll be there on my birthday this trip too. :cloud9:

We are booked for next August as well...we are going to be at WDW from Aug. 19th - 28th and we are staying at CSR. For this trip we are going to be there with my parents and possibly my Aunt, Uncle and two cousins. We are doing a Carnival cruise before WDW so we may have more people decide to join us down the rode, we are trying to book as a group for the cruise.
:welcome:
Hi! I'm booked for August 24-28 at the Contemporary. I'm taking my Mom and we're staying CL for the very first time!! Can't wait. :cool1: My Mom took me the very first time for my 5th birthday in 1972. . .and we'll be there on my birthday this trip too. :cloud9:

I just switched our reservation from feb to august. :sad1: that we have to wait but we are now going for 10 days instead of 6:cool1: We will be at Pop Aug 19-28th for FD. I hope we don't all melt from the heat. We are northerners! We have only been in Jan or Feb (both times we needed gloves and winter jackets). So, I am excited to be able to actually use the pool and maybe the waterparks:banana: I am going to need to do major research on how to keep the boys comfortable, ie not crabby. :laughing:

We are returning to Pop next year from Aug 19-29, same dates as the past 2 years. Yes, it's hot, but not unbearably so. We usually spend the hottest part of the days chilling back at the resort in the AC or pool. Crowds aren't bad at all, though with free dining being offered you'll want to get ADRs asap.

Yeah, it's hot, but not unmanageable. POTC is a *great* ride on a hot day! We were there in September last year, and it was still hot. We took plenty of breaks to browse in shops or go on indoor attractions to cool off. I remember being hot, but not ever really being miserable.

We also completely avoided the water parks because we expected they would be super crowded - and plan to do so again next year. We'll just go on Kali River if we need to cool off - and enjoy not fighting crowds in the park because everyone else is at TL or BB. ;)

I just switched our reservation from feb to august. :sad1: that we have to wait but we are now going for 10 days instead of 6:cool1: We will be at Pop Aug 19-28th for FD. I hope we don't all melt from the heat. We are northerners! We have only been in Jan or Feb (both times we needed gloves and winter jackets). So, I am excited to be able to actually use the pool and maybe the waterparks:banana: I am going to need to do major research on how to keep the boys comfortable, ie not crabby. :laughing:

We are returning to Pop next year from Aug 19-29, same dates as the past 2 years. Yes, it's hot, but not unbearably so. We usually spend the hottest part of the days chilling back at the resort in the AC or pool. Crowds aren't bad at all, though with free dining being offered you'll want to get ADRs asap.

We plan on spending time at the pool during the hotest part of the days too.

We will be there the second to last week of August. Not sure where yet, but either: BC, YC or Poly. Wherever it is, it HAS to have a good pool that we can get back to easily from the parks! This will be our first August trip, we are historically a January family so this is going to be a BIG change temperature-wise:eek:.

Oh! I thought the 0127 could have been Jan 27... a great day.. my bday;)

My birthday is also January 27th and we are also going to WDW in August 2011.

We are going to OKW 20th - 31st August and then on to HRH up at Universal for the last 3 nights ie 31st August to 3rd September (2 weeks in total):cool1:

We will be there the second to last week of August. Not sure where yet, but either: BC, YC or Poly. Wherever it is, it HAS to have a good pool that we can get back to easily from the parks! This will be our first August trip, we are historically a January family so this is going to be a BIG change temperature-wise:eek:.

BLT Aug. 12-16.

The same weekend we went this year. Love the heat!

My birthday is also January 27th and we are also going to WDW in August 2011.

We are going to OKW 20th - 31st August and then on to HRH up at Universal for the last 3 nights ie 31st August to 3rd September (2 weeks in total):cool1:

How cool that we have have the same bday!

We will be at POR from August 23- 31, celebration my sons 13th birthday on the 24th. So excited!!!!

We will be there from August 23rd thru August 31st we decided to give Pop a rest and see how the kids like Carribean Beach Resort they begged to try it! I'm quite content at Pop ! :)

We will be there the exact same dates as you!!! We will be at POR though because we are 5.

We just booked aug 25-sept 2 2011 at CSR Can't wait! Will be our 1st time staying on property!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have been thinking about it but until I can actually start booking ada's and see what is available I'm going to make myself crazy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter