****August, 2012!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the happy dance.

We just got back from the mall. We've been collecting Disney gift cards for every occasion we could think of for the last year and a half...birthdays, Christmas, Mother's Day, Easter... We're usually pretty careful to put the amount on them, but we wanted to check the amounts on 3 cards at the Disney store.

They were $25, $50, and $100!!!

That brings our total up to $1200 in gift cards. That should come pretty close to covering our meals for a week, even with one table service meal a day

The points from our Disney Visa should cover spending money.

And the money in our Vacation club will cover our stay at the Beach Club. Everything else-- flights, park tickets, insurance-- is all paid for already

So we should come home with little to nothing on the credit card.

WOW! That's great!

Got my mickey mail today yay!

Tomorrow marks a month till we are in disney, today marks a month until we got to the city to stay for disney.

I am so paranoid i will forget something, i was like that for our wedding too, matter of fact i way way overpacked & did not use barely anything but i did forget clothes for us the next day (this is our honeymoon, that night we stayed in a lil motel & had to go back the next day to clean up) so my hubby had to be in suit pants, uncomfortable shoes & long white shirt :rotfl2:

I am most worried i will forget to take our passports & get the letter for my son notarized.

Got my mickey mail today yay!

Tomorrow marks a month till we are in disney, today marks a month until we got to the city to stay for disney.

I am so paranoid i will forget something, i was like that for our wedding too, matter of fact i way way overpacked & did not use barely anything but i did forget clothes for us the next day (this is our honeymoon, that night we stayed in a lil motel & had to go back the next day to clean up) so my hubby had to be in suit pants, uncomfortable shoes & long white shirt :rotfl2:

I am most worried i will forget to take our passports & get the letter for my son notarized.

:woohoo: for Mickey Mail!

Don't get too worried-it's a Disney vacation!-about forgetting stuff. I recommend making a check list so you won't forget anything. That might help!

We will be there Aug 13-24. :goodvibes This is our first summer trip and our first time staying at POR. We are all getting excited and looking forward to everything except the weather. DH & I both grew up in FL, so we know what to expect but we have been far from heat and humidity for many years.

Just wondering if anyone else has kids doing YES classes on Aug 20th.

I'm having a planning mini-crisis. I can't decide if I just want to taxi/shuttle over to Universal and Islands of Adventure on two separate days of our trip and stay the full 7 nights at the POR......OR......if I should just move over to the Hard Rock Hotel for the last two nights to take advantage of their on-site priveledges. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. What should I do?!?!?!?!?!?!

Getting sooooo close!!!

We will be at BCV August 24-31 and I can't wait! :cool1: I've started setting aside some things I know I'll need to pack (Sunpass, camera I never use at home, extra SD cards) but I can't pack just yet. :cool1: I am going to the Dominican Republic with my sweetie 2 weeks from today, so I have to pack for that first! It's the anti-Disney vacation...no itinerary, no real planning beyond the basics (air, car, secluded beachfront 55-room boutique hotel with great dining onsite)...a few days of doing nothing but lying on the beach and relaxing. :)

Once we get back, it's full-scale Disney prep!! :woohoo:

starrPA said:
...And STILL sitting here, staring at the ADR's like something is going to suddenly jump out as a bad decision, somebody STOP ME....step away from the iPad... LOL

Right now DH is actually researching ADR's because I mentioned we're seeing the same princesses at CRT and Akershus and did we need to both... So we might change ADR's too. Any tips on if we should do both? DD4 is a princess but DS would rather the fab five (we're also doing Tusker House, Crystal Palace and spirit of aloha. Any suggestions on maybe a more grown up dinner we can make them suffer through? :) thinking maybe ohana, teppan edo, Tokyo dining...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I bet you'll love it!! I'm experimenting right now on how to organize a Photopass+ share and been chatting with some of my share members on the feasibility of it. Between the cellphone pic strategy, ensuring dates work out to pass the mastercard around, and the fact that you can add ride photos to the master card within 48 hours - I think it could work perfectly for families with the right dates.
I seen that post about the pics, got me thinking about the share :lmao: If it can be done just PM me and let me know! I'm a sucker for pics lol.

Ugh. So indecisive. Is anyone else bringing a laptop (or waffling over making the decision to bring it or not?)
I took my laptop with me in April and will never do it again. I too have the 17" media laptop with remote etc... and it weighs like 8lbs. It doesnt sound like much til your hauling it thru the airport and thru baggage check etc... I plugged it in and used it exactly ONCE. I had just enough room on my SD card (4gb at the time) for pics, my camcorder has 2 SD slots so I had plenty of video space and I could access my banking info, websites etc...all thru my fone (love the DisBoards android app:thumbsup2). My sister bought me a tablet for mothers day so I think I am only bringing that with me this time mainly for the bigger screen (my eye's arent what they used to be :lmao:)

If your worried about your camera filling up, I just bought a 16GB class 10 SDHC card at Best Buy for only $25 that holds over 4000 pics at 14.2 megapixel, I think that would hold a typical trips pics AND some video lol.

Since Im too knuckle-headed to figure out how to multi-quote,

Look in the corner of a post there is the "Quote" button and 2 other buttons next to it. When your going thru posts and see one you want to quote, click the icon to the right of the "Quote" button (Looks like a sheet of paper with big quotes on it) and it will turn orange. Continue along until you see another post you want to quote and do the same. When your ready to post your own comment click the "Post Reply" button and they will all be filled in for ya :goodvibes

With the blessings of dh and our teenaged twin dd's, I am taking our youngest dd on a surprise birthday trip to WDW from August 10th through August 17th. We will be staying at BLT villas the first two nights and then Kidani Village the last five nights. The twins had their 7th birthday there. We always told our youngest she couldn't have her bday there because we didn't want to go in August but it worked out that we had just enough points leftover for a week in a studio and tickets that we didn't use plus airfare was cheap so she will have a bday in WDW afterall!:wizard: She will turn 9 on our last night!

Our plane arrives at 8:30pm. We will hop on ME, head straight to BLT, check in, drop our bags off and head straight to mk for Emh!

Isn't a surprise the most exciting thing?! MY DD16 had her sweet 16 at WDW in April so she is in full support of my taking DS14 on a surprise trip. We have 38 days left and I have still managed to keep it from him! I'm hoping to be able to hold out until we're on our way to the airport.

Oh and if anyone has requested a LGMH from me and I haven't gotten it to ya please don't hesitate to ask again! I've had a busy couple days and since our little Team August party moves along so quickly I may have overlooked some. :duck:

:cheer2:

Oh and if anyone has requested a LGMH from me and I haven't gotten it to ya please don't hesitate to ask again! I've had a busy couple days and since our little Team August party moves along so quickly I may have overlooked some. :duck:

:cheer2:

May I have a Fab 5 one?

Thanks!

Right now DH is actually researching ADR's because I mentioned we're seeing the same princesses at CRT and Akershus and did we need to both... So we might change ADR's too. Any tips on if we should do both? DD4 is a princess but DS would rather the fab five (we're also doing Tusker House, Crystal Palace and spirit of aloha. Any suggestions on maybe a more grown up dinner we can make them suffer through? :) thinking maybe ohana, teppan edo, Tokyo dining...

We have done both and did not have the same princesses. We only got Aurora at Akerhus and Jasmine was at CRT. Belle had on a different dress at CRT then Akerhus. Trying to think of another difference. Oh yes, Fairy Godmother at CRT.

taylor3297 said:
We have done both and did not have the same princesses. We only got Aurora at Akerhus and Jasmine was at CRT. Belle had on a different dress at CRT then Akerhus. Trying to think of another difference. Oh yes, Fairy Godmother at CRT.

Hmmmm... Maybe we should stick with the plan to do both. Not that it matters to the kids, but how was the food?

Hmmmm... Maybe we should stick with the plan to do both. Not that it matters to the kids, but how was the food?

We had breakfast at CRT. It was good and filling. Dinner at Akerhus was good too. The kids really liked both,

Not sure when you went but when we had dinner at CRT in April there was Belle (blue dress) Ariel, Snow White, Aurora. We had the pics with Cinderella downstairs. I know sometime in the past year I believe, they changed CRT so all the meals had the princesses instead of just dinner.

Not sure when you went but when we had dinner at CRT in April there was Belle (blue dress) Ariel, Snow White, Aurora. We had the pics with Cinderella downstairs. I know sometime in the past year I believe, they changed CRT so all the meals had the princesses instead of just dinner.

I think you misread what I was saying. CRT and Askerhus did not have the same princesses. Yes, all the meals at CRT have princesses. At Akerhus, Aurora was one of the princesses, but she was not at our meal at CRT. Where Jasmine and Fairy Godmother were at our CRT meal, they were not at Akerhus.

The poster was stating that they thought they would see the exact same princesses at CRT and Akerhus.

I think you misread what I was saying. CRT and Askerhus did not have the same princesses. Yes, all the meals at CRT have princesses. At Akerhus, Aurora was one of the princesses, but she was not at our meal at CRT. Where Jasmine and Fairy Godmother were at our CRT meal, they were not at Akerhus.

The poster was stating that they thought they would see the exact same princesses at CRT and Akerhus.

Ah, my apologies you are correct, I misunderstood. :blush:

When you said We only got Aurora at Akerhus and Jasmine was at CRT; I took it as only the one at each meal and that it had been some time ago, since the Fairy Godmother isn't at CRT anymore. Thanks for sorting it out for me so I don't confuse the OP further :thumbsup2

Only 19 more days and we will be at Pop, August 5-11. :yay: :woohoo:

Our park days & ADRs are:

Mon, Aug 6: Epcot - Akershus 12:10 and Garden Grill 7:10
Tues, Aug 7: MK - Crystal Palace 11:40 and Wishes Dessert Party 9:15
Wed, Aug 8: Rest - 1900 Park Fare 4:30
Thurs, Aug 9: MK - CRT 3:55
Fri, Aug 10: HS - Mama Melrose 12:00 with Fantasmic Dining Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter