august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Yay Gina!!
My grand total is $261.71 for 9 days:cool1: This is for a standard car (I used a coupon on Alamos site for one car class upgrade. I can live with this.:cool1:

I LOVE using Alamo and was disappointed to not be able to last trip. There is nothing better than just waltzing up to the self serve kiosk, picking your own car, and leaving. It's easy and so much faster than many of the other places:cool1:

Yes..if anyone knows if you need to be a member or where this code originates from...because I just saved $420.49:cool1: on a 2 week rental in August...also used a coupon from BJ's for a midsize to standard upgrade!! Was $822.32....now $401.83!! Hope it's legit...
Kerri

From the research I did, the code comes from the VroomVroom website and a google search pulls up many Disboards posts of people who used it. Several mentioned you can book through the actual website (which is essentially a middle man between you and the car rental companies, OR just use the code yourself which is what most people did.

From the research I did, the code comes from the VroomVroom website and a google search pulls up many Disboards posts of people who used it. Several mentioned you can book through the actual website (which is essentially a middle man between you and the car rental companies, OR just use the code yourself which is what most people did.

Thanks! Glad it was used successfully! I'll find out in August:thumbsup2

Thanks! Glad it was used successfully! I'll find out in August:thumbsup2

I don't use anything that's really questionable and I feel comfortable with it from the posts I read. Also gmeh1 that answered on the last page worked for Alamo for years until recently and if they say it's ok I am sure it is. :)

Yay Gina!!
My grand total is $261.71 for 9 days:cool1: This is for a standard car (I used a coupon on Alamos site for one car class upgrade. I can live with this.:cool1:

I LOVE using Alamo and was disappointed to not be able to last trip. There is nothing better than just waltzing up to the self serve kiosk, picking your own car, and leaving. It's easy and so much faster than many of the other places:cool1:

That's a great rate! (particularly this early in the game)

We like Alamo too...our first two trips in 2012, we used Alamo and loved being able to pick our vehicle. We used Budget for our Christmas vacation and hated just being assigned something (not to mention, the SUV we got was awful :rolleyes1). LOL, I like to have "choice". Yep, I have control issues :lmao: .

I don't use anything that's really questionable and I feel comfortable with it from the posts I read. Also gmeh1 that answered on the last page worked for Alamo for years until recently and if they say it's ok I am sure it is. :)

pigletto......tried sending you another PM but I'm getting a message saying your storage is full.

I have a $15 off from the Entertainment Book that I can send you (and there's no maximum to the number of days to your rental like the other coupon code). I will drop the hard copy in the mail but I can PM you with the code too, once you clear out a few old messages from your inbox and free up some space.

Thank you Gina. I used an upgrade coupon that works out to about the same so don't worry about sending the coupon. I really appreciate the offer though:)

I already did the online check in and my reservation confirmation says I reserved a Standard, but the online check in confirmation says I reserved a midsize. I am now wondering if I shouldn't have done the online check in because of the upgrade coupon?
I'll call tomorrow to make sure.

Ok I called Alamo quickly. It is showing as a midsize because I can't apply a coupon if I want to do online check in. So she said I still have a standard car reserved but I need to use the counter or the kiosk. That is fine. As long as it's still showing the upgrade to standard I don't mind using the kiosk.
Just keep that in mind everyone who is using a coupon with Alamo.. you have to go to the counter or the kiosk (which is super fast) because coupons won't apply if you go use online check in.

Just keep that in mind everyone who is using a coupon with Alamo.. you have to go to the counter or the kiosk (which is super fast) because coupons won't apply if you go use online check in.

Good to know. I have used the counter on both previous Alamo rentals, but maybe this time I will try the kiosk....just for fun :goodvibes .

Good to know. I have used the counter on both previous Alamo rentals, but maybe this time I will try the kiosk....just for fun :goodvibes .

The kiosk makes you feel like you are getting away with something. I mean, there's 15 people lined up at the counter and I just saunter up to the kiosk, push a few buttons and off I go! I felt like any minute a message would come on the screen that said "Just kidding.. get in the line sucker!":rotfl:

Yeah! I used the vroom vroom code and coupon code AD2338FDF (30.00 off) and got a midsize SUV for $326 USD from Aug 19-30

Yeah! I used the vroom vroom code and coupon code AD2338FDF (30.00 off) and got a midsize SUV for $326 USD from Aug 19-30

Thank you for this coupon. I just applied it to my ressie and got it down to $193 from $215.:cool1: Just remember you have to use a Visa card to pay since it's a Visa coupon.

Oh, I wasn't implying that it was questionable..I just wanted to make sure it was a public code and that I did not need a membership to be able to use it:) I didn't realize one of posters worked for Alamo...I may have missed that...just so excited for this code!! I really was not relishing the thought of paying over 800.00 for my rental. And my confirmation also shows the midsize and not the standard but when I pull the res up it does show. So, good to know...I will use the kiosk. And I don't know if it's still true but MCO does not offer standard size, so you automatically get a full-size. At least this was true last year when we rented.

Oh, I wasn't implying that it was questionable..I just wanted to make sure it was a public code and that I did not need a membership to be able to use it:) I didn't realize one of posters worked for Alamo...I may have missed that...just so excited for this code!! I really was not relishing the thought of paying over 800.00 for my rental. And my confirmation also shows the midsize and not the standard but when I pull the res up it does show. So, good to know...I will use the kiosk. And I don't know if it's still true but MCO does not offer standard size, so you automatically get a full-size. At least this was true last year when we rented.

After I wrote that post I thought "Hmm.. does that sound accusatory or rude? I hope not!":rotfl: I think sometimes the way I speak doesn't translate so well in post form. I was just saying I worry about weird codes too so I didn't want you to worry. :hug:
It's still true that there is no standard at MCO so we're good for a full size! That usually means a ton of Impalas to choose from but we like that because you can get some serious luggage in those trunks. They are huge!

After I wrote that post I thought "Hmm.. does that sound accusatory or rude? I hope not!":rotfl: I think sometimes the way I speak doesn't translate so well in post form. I was just saying I worry about weird codes too so I didn't want you to worry. :hug:
It's still true that there is no standard at MCO so we're good for a full size! That usually means a ton of Impalas to choose from but we like that because you can get some serious luggage in those trunks. They are huge!

No worries pigletto:goodvibes It is hard to imply tone in posts, but I know what you're saying. And that is great about the no standard at MCO...full-size works for me!!

Hi all !:goodvibes
Subscribing to this thread as we are going to the world this year in August instead of July as we usually do. We have always used Alamo, but honestly, this year I have found their new web site HORRIBLE to navigate through....plus the rates for August are still sky high...ugh:rolleyes:....I usually have a ressie by now, have never heard of the Vroom Vroom code, we usually use our Costco membership and an entertainment book coupon for $$ off or an upgrade, and have never been charged much over 300 total for 2 weeks with a full size car... so it will be interesting to see what happens as I will be watching and waiting with all of you for a drop in rates for August !!
Happy Planning everyone !!:goodvibes
PS....I originally made a ressie using the KLM code with National, but Im very skeptical about the LDW which is included as well as all taxes and fees, (even though we have joined the KLM FF program and have an email card to verify) I still don`t feel comfortable using that code for some reason, so I canceled it this week with a total for using the EA at 430.00 which was still alitle high..

<snip>
I usually have a ressie by now, have never heard of the Vroom Vroom code, we usually use our Costco membership and an entertainment book coupon for $$ off or an upgrade, and have never been charged much over 300 total for 2 weeks with a full size car...
<snip>
PS....I originally made a ressie using the KLM code with National, but Im very skeptical about the LDW which is included as well as all taxes and fees, (even though we have joined the KLM FF program and have an email card to verify) I still don`t feel comfortable using that code for some reason, so I canceled it this week with a total for using the EA at 430.00 which was still alitle high..

The Vroom Vroom code for Alamo includes the "CDW" and "Extended Protection, just like the KLM National code includes the "LDW."

For 8/3-8/12, I got $271.55 for a full size with National/KLM/$30coupon and $266.84 with Alamo/Vroom/$30coupon(I think).

Oh, and oh...poop....I can't modify or delete the Alamo reservation with the Vroom Vroom code. I know peopled used to have this issue with the National and the KLM code but that's no longer the case.

The Vroom Vroom code for Alamo includes the "CDW" and "Extended Protection, just like the KLM National code includes the "LDW."

For 8/3-8/12, I got $271.55 for a full size with National/KLM/$30coupon and $266.84 with Alamo/Vroom/$30coupon(I think).

Oh, and oh...poop....I can't modify or delete the Alamo reservation with the Vroom Vroom code. I know peopled used to have this issue with the National and the KLM code but that's no longer the case.

I have been able to cancel reservations made with the Vroom Vroom code. In fact I cancelled two since yesterday when I found better coupons.

This has been happening since they updated the website for some. I don't know if it's because I booked with my Insider ID or the coupon I added but it also won't let me modify or cancel online. However, you can email or call and they do it right away. Bit of a pain though.

What is this code and do you need to be a member of anything to use it? I just priced out my ressie and got it down to $215 from $277. I just want to make sure it's ok to use.

Thanks!

Vroom Vroom...no you dont have to belong to any clubs. Like I said I have been using it for almost 3 yrs..I also used it in combo with Visa coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter