*August Pen Pal Exchange*COMPLETED!

Checking in!

So sorry that I have been MIA! Between working a couple extra days, working at our church festival & being under a water emergency where that national guard had to be called in!!!! I has not been my wk! We had no access to water along with a half a million other residents of NW Ohio & SW Michigan from late Friday night, until late Monday morning! It was total pandemonium here & we were under a State emergency. My husband & FIL drove 2 hrs away to buy drinking water as the whole area was out of water for drinking. We were initially not able to drink it, touch it, bathe in it, wash dishes, wash clothes or water our lawns. The hospital system I worked for had to cancel non emergency surgeries as there was no way to clean equipment, etc. It has been a nightmare.

Checking in!

So sorry that I have been MIA! Between working a couple extra days, working at our church festival & being under a water emergency where that national guard had to be called in!!!! I has not been my wk! We had no access to water along with a half a million other residents of NW Ohio & SW Michigan from late Friday night, until late Monday morning! It was total pandemonium here & we were under a State emergency. My husband & FIL drove 2 hrs away to buy drinking water as the whole area was out of water for drinking. We were initially not able to drink it, touch it, bathe in it, wash dishes, wash clothes or water our lawns. The hospital system I worked for had to cancel non emergency surgeries as there was no way to clean equipment, etc. It has been a nightmare.

Glad to see you around! Glad to hear that things are back to normal for you.

REMINDER-THE SEND BY DATE IS THIS SATURDAY. PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST HERE TO LET ME KNOW THAT YOU HAVE SENT OFF YOUR LETTER/TWIST.

Because of the weather conditions here, if you do not see me online, it means that we had lost our power, and I will try to come back on as soon as I can.

Sure hope that everything is good on your island.:grouphug:

I am checking in and my letters are on their way.:yay:

Thank you for checking in, and also for thinking of me. We are safe. The first hurricane turned into a tropical storm last night, and we are just experiencing the rain right now. Will see how things go since we have another one headed our way, ...

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the send by date!

Sent mine today!

Glad to hear you're safe from this one, Patsy. Hoping the next one turns into just a little rain storm as well. :goodvibes

:( I feel bad but we had some issues here and I won't get to mail mine till Monday. I was all set to go get a box when I went to work Friday but then gas man showed up unannounced needing to change meter because apparently it wasn't charging me enough. Then moms car was ready from auto body shop getting hail damage fixed. Welll it turns out they didn't fix what they were supposed to but wanted full insurance check anywau. Auto guy for hateful and now we had to call insurance companies and lawyers. Them had a good surprised of cousins showing up for the weekend and now we are cleaning and cooking for family get together. I'll mail mine first thing Monday

checking in for the week

Also, received my letter and some caramels from Heather

Thanks you very much and yours should be arriving soon.:thumbsup2

Since all letters for this month has been mailed, I wanted to share a hint of what the twist will be for the month of September. It is.... SCHOOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter