August W.I.S.H. Challenge - The Sunday of Summer

Yale University is offering an online course entitled, "Social and Emotional Learning in Times of Uncertainty and Stress: Research-Based Strategies" to Connecticut teachers. The tuition is paid for by a grant. So, even though I really don't need to add anything to my plate, this addition might actually help me cope with everything that is going on.

So, I'm a student once again!

Yale University is offering an online course entitled, "Social and Emotional Learning in Times of Uncertainty and Stress: Research-Based Strategies" to Connecticut teachers. The tuition is paid for by a grant. So, even though I really don't need to add anything to my plate, this addition might actually help me cope with everything that is going on.

So, I'm a student once again!
Sounds interesting!

Woowhoo!
DH's aunt was admitted to the hospital yesterday (not woowhoo) but she stabilized without surgery and will hopefully be discharged soon with a med adjustment.
A friend of mine is coming by tonight for a socially distant outdoor dinner while the kids enjoy the yard.
My DD tried to climb out of her crib twice last night and failed (toddler bed going up this weekend). This did necessitate a bowl of icecream to calm my nerves. :rolleyes2
I was gifted a pair of clarks flipflops (hopefully to replace my sad almost broken sketchers fitflops)
I put on a pair of previously tight shorts and they are now fitting without discomfort!

Last edited:
Woohoo...

I had an epiphany yesterday: I've only been wearing my AllBird shoes, thinking they wouldn't bother my toe because they are so soft. Yesterday I decided to slip on my Keen sandals and immediately realized that the AllBirds were so soft and twisty they weren't giving my foot any stability and I was actually aggravating it. This morning, after just one day of wearing something with a firm sole, my toe/foot feels 90% healed.

This morning I'm the team representative in the War Room, command central for all things tech related for the sale. I chose this day because it's the start of the public part of the event and supposed to be the businest... this is part of my post-furlough campaign to remain visible.

Temps are cooling off to the delightfully perfect mid-70's.

One of those weeks where I have to look a little harder-

Took 4 bags to Goodwill yesterday. It’s overcast and rainy today, so maybe I will go in the basement and do some more cleaning.

Have several nights of dinners planned. I don’t like looking in the fridge at 4:00 and trying to come up with something.

Have a couple shows recorded to watch. Will watch one after my walk today-which should be nice, it’s cooler and not sunny.

Woohoo - I’m down 4 pounds this week. Basically the pound so put on during vacation. But still....is 4 pounds gone!

Woohoo - I’ve been sticking to the 3 Day Refresh. And am prepared to continue the healthy eating after we finish the refresh.

Woohoo - I’ve been sticking to the new workout program, which I wasn’t sure I would have the energy for during the refresh.

Woohoo - We got carpet installed today which is the finishing piece on our closet project.

Woohoo - Countertops are coming on Friday as well as the plumber to hook up our sink. Then our kitchen renovation should be complete with the exception of the backsplash. I’m so happy to get this done before school starts!!!

Woo Hoo will be a challenge today.

I woke up entirely too early, and in my rush to turn off the A/C and get to the bathroom, I tripped and fell. By the grace of God, it was my good knee. If it were my bad one, that would have been disastrous. I got a little rug burn on my wrists, and my shoulder hurts a little, but I don't think I reinjured it. So, I guess my Woo Hoo is that it wasn't worse.

I've been icing it all morning, and decided to get in the pool, float and move around in the cold water so that I wouldn't lose my range of motion. With the swelling, I could feel it stiffen up. I don't know if the pool helped, but I knew it would be a gentle way to move.

I feel so stupid when I fall. Ugh!

Woo Hoo will be a challenge today.

I woke up entirely too early, and in my rush to turn off the A/C and get to the bathroom, I tripped and fell. By the grace of God, it was my good knee. If it were my bad one, that would have been disastrous. I got a little rug burn on my wrists, and my shoulder hurts a little, but I don't think I reinjured it. So, I guess my Woo Hoo is that it wasn't worse.

I've been icing it all morning, and decided to get in the pool, float and move around in the cold water so that I wouldn't lose my range of motion. With the swelling, I could feel it stiffen up. I don't know if the pool helped, but I knew it would be a gentle way to move.

I feel so stupid when I fall. Ugh!
Yikes! That could have been very bad! My family (at least in my age group) had a rash of falls (from rushing, walking in the dark, etc) last year. And we do feel more embarrassed than hurt!

Wahoo: I had a top that was too tight and absolutely clung to my tummy rolls. I pulled it from the back of the closet yesterday and it just grazed the tummy roll.

DH is on his way right now to a friend's house. She's gotten bad news from the doctor and her hubby won't be home for another 1.5 hours. I said stop off and get her the biggest bunch of flowers you can find! We love her dearly and it's too bad we can't hug her!! But hopefully just having someone near will be good for her until hubby can let her collapse in his arms. We didn't think the twins could handle just sitting outside her house, so I stayed home.

On a happier note...I'm toying with the idea of sending a joke a day to the school staff--or maybe just the teachers--I just thought of it--once school starts. What do you think of that? Teachers out there, would that be a good thing? Anyone know of any sites for good, clean jokes?

Wahoo: I had a top that was too tight and absolutely clung to my tummy rolls. I pulled it from the back of the closet yesterday and it just grazed the tummy roll.

DH is on his way right now to a friend's house. She's gotten bad news from the doctor and her hubby won't be home for another 1.5 hours. I said stop off and get her the biggest bunch of flowers you can find! We love her dearly and it's too bad we can't hug her!! But hopefully just having someone near will be good for her until hubby can let her collapse in his arms. We didn't think the twins could handle just sitting outside her house, so I stayed home.

On a happier note...I'm toying with the idea of sending a joke a day to the school staff--or maybe just the teachers--I just thought of it--once school starts. What do you think of that? Teachers out there, would that be a good thing? Anyone know of any sites for good, clean jokes?
Great idea...thoughtful.

Joke a day is great! We have that happening at the moment and I do a "friday funny" to a small group every week.

At work I do "Friday Funnies" emails. - Google "Dad jokes" or "Clean Joke for Kids" and you'll find a lot.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have my kitchen remodeled and my closet expanded. It’s one of those things that is a major stressor while it’s happening, but will be wonderful when it’s done. The closet is done and I’m so thankful we could do this over the summer before school starts!

I’m thankful for wonderful coworkers that I can collaborate with to prepare for the start of the year. I have two meets this morning to start brainstorming ideas.

I’m thankful for the opportunity to do the 3 Day Refresh cleanse. But I’m also thankful that it’s over and I can go back to regular healthy eating. Overall, it was fine. But I didn’t especially enjoy the taste of the vanilla fresh shakes for lunch and dinner. So I’m happy to be done with those.

I love the joke-of-the-day idea, and have been doing it all summer as a way to stay in touch with my little nice and nephew, who I used to see several days a week. I just google “jokes for kids” (sometimes adding keywords like “animal” or “food” at the beginning) when I need a fresh supply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter