august weather

banjo

Mouseketeer
can anyone tell me what the weather can be like late august/early september as im going 22nd aug and usually go around april/may.:pinkbounc

It's hotter than a pistol! 80's and 90's

Very high humidity, too.

However, it's manageable by touring early and late and keeping yourself hydrated Disney's airconditioning in their stores and restaurants is very cold, so that helps, too.

I'm in the planning stages of our third trip in late August (Fall Fantasy package), last visit Beach Club 8/00. This year will be the BWI 8/26-8/30. You can wilt with the humidity (plan on bad hair days)! But if go early to the parks it's not that bad and just take it easy...everything is air-conditioned, as stated above and do drink alot of water. We found this last trip not too bad. It's just my DH and myself so we make it a point to go back to the resort midday for a break. We find ourselves now not in such a big rush to get to certain rides or places, because we have been before.

Bonnie

Buy or take ponchos, there's usually a heavy downpour every afternoon. Thw wind gets up, and then the skies open, and boy does it rain! It is usually over in an hour or so though.

Oven like!!! We too, have gone in August, the last week to be exact. It gets around 95 degrees with an afternoon shower or thunder storm around 2 to 3 pm. almost every day. We tried to do the parks during the day, but found it almost impossible. Animal Kingdom on very hot days is the worst, no shade and alot of outdoor attractions. We ended up doing this... had a nice breakfast in the morning, sat out by the pool (actually in the water the whole time) had lunch, then showered and changed just as the rain would roll in. The rain lasts about an hour. So by 4:00pm it had kinda cooled down a bit, and we headed to the parks then. They are opened late, so going in the afternoon and enjoying it, was better than sweltering during the day. AND I like the hot weather! Don't let August heat throw you. The parks are less crowded and you'll do much more in less time. You just cannot be at the parks comfortably in 95 degrees! It was MORE relaxing getting a slow start to the day, rather then racing out to get to the parks early! Have fun!

just like to say thanks everyone you have been a great help and roll on august:wave:
margaret.

We went last August during the last week in August and it was very hot and humid. We brought along a Misty Mate which after being filled with water and pumped up gives off a fine mist to cool you down. Having this was invaluable. We also brought britta water bottles with the filters and filled them up before we left the room and then filled them up at the water bubblers at the parks these too were invaluable. If you take it slow and go back to your hotel and go in the pool in the afternoon it is not bad.

Unless there is an on-going drought, you will probablly get a thunderstorm several afternoons. And, of course, the before-mentioned, hot, humid and very sweaty. As long as you know what you are heading into and prepare, you won't be surprised.

I believe the humidity matches the heat, so if the temp is 87, that is what the humidity is.

One thing, though, if you plan to get on water rides, by all means, wear quick-drying, sports clothing! You know, nylon and cool-max fabrics. Don't wear jeans or cotton or you'll be wet all day.

And of course, don't wear quick drying clothes over cotton underwear or you'll be in pitiful misery!

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter