• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani 2 bedroom differences

MelissathePooh

Disney Regular
I know the difference in # of entries in the dedicated vs the lock off and the basics (bed vs pullout, extra 1/2 bath), but what about the main living room...do the dedicateds have the little Murphy pull out under the tv?

The room description lists the 2 bedroom dedicated as having a sleeper chair???

We're going in June and my son had his heart set on the Murphy after seeing it - who knows why. We have a 2 bedroom dedicated right now. I wait listed for lock off. We're going with another family and kind of want the extra entry anyway. The extra 1/2 bath in the dedicated kind of cancels itself with the lack of the cut through to the main bath/shower area of the lock off. If you aren't going to have a full 3rd bathroom that is.

The sleeper chair is that same as Kidani Village. It pulls out to about a twin size bed. As a smaller adult, 5'1 and 120lbs it fits me fine. The murphy under the TV is only in the lock off two bedrooms. I hope this helps.

Thank you - it does help. Unfortunately it confirms what I was hoping wasn't the case - lol! I don't know why they don't have the same Murphy in both, but oh well.

Its not like being "stuck" in an Aulani 2 bedroom villa is exactly a bad thing! DS9 will live! We're waitlisted for a lock off and we'll check when we arrive. I'm sure we will all survive! Normally we like dedicateds better, but in this case we would prefer the lock off - should have researched better. We were just happy to get a reservation at 7 months.

I think the reason is in the Lock offs they figure only two families will be there and in the dedicated you could get three families in there. Just got done with a stay in the one bedroom and for the person or people in the living room area there is no drawer space and one very small closet. In the dedicated two bedroom where the Murphy bed would be is more storage space for peoples belongings. Plus having the extra bathroom is nice when talking about eating together and spending time in the common areas. I think your DS will love this resort no matter what room type you stay in.

Make sure to plan some resort time for doing the different Menehune trails, there is an inside one and an outside one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter