• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani Daily Iwa

karebear06

DIS Veteran
On the Aulani website there is a daily calendar of events. Can you go by this example to plan your activities each day, or do the activities and times change each week? Also, does anyone have any recent Iwa's or reviews of the activities offered?
Thanks

Just last month, mom2aidaNpiper posted several Daily Iwas from her recent trip. Here is a link to her thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103331.

The sample Daily Iwa that appears on the official Aulani website gives you a general idea of what is going on at the resort, and mom2aidiaNpiper's copies are more detailed. But, of course, things change all the time so its a good idea to stay flexible on any plans you make.

I just discovered the list of activities on the website. I am going to compare to the recent Iwa's and report back.... nerd out.

Do not plan your day by the activities listed on Disney's website. They are different from the April ones posted to the Dis.

For example online has the Starlit Hui on Monday, the one on the Iwa was on Tuesday.

Bummer, I started to plan a bit based on the website....

I will be there the 17th-26th and will post them by day on my trip report.

Do the days for the Starlit Hui change frequently? We will be at Aulani in July. Do you think I can plan on the Monday/Thursday evenings?

Do the days for the Starlit Hui change frequently? We will be at Aulani in July. Do you think I can plan on the Monday/Thursday evenings?

I wouldn't count on anything until you are there.... things can get moved around (for instance I was the one who posted all the Iwa's and ours was on Tue/Thur of that week- because of private events going on at the resort).

We saw a prom type thing one night that made it so Ama Ama was partially closed, and we also had a storm one night so some outdoor things got cancelled same day. Also, we noticed since we were there for 2 Saturdays- they weren't identical Iwa's.

My biggest advice is to just go with the flow- know that the activity you really want may not be going on during your stay, even if it was on a Iwa you saw from the week before. And things get cancelled due to weather at times. You will get the Iwa the night before so you can do some general planning of your day.

Thanks for the feedback. Trying to decide on an evening for a Luau and didn't want to plan it on the same evening as Aulani's Starlit Hui. Guess I will just hope they end up on different nights.

We are also going in July and I am trying to keep the night of Starlight Hui free so we can see it, so I feel your pain! I'm lucky that we are only working with dinner reservations not a luau so if I have to cancel dinner one night it'll be OK. I just posted asking if anyone had a July Iwa -- maybe we'll get lucky and get one! When are you going? We are arriving next Tues 7/16! Can't believe it is almost here!

Found this on another post about a late June 2013 trip to Aulani and the Starlight Hui:
---------
It was on Monday and Thursday last week when we were there.

Pre show was listed to start at 7:30, with an actual start time of 8.

Tip: People line up at the doors that go out to the lawn early. We got there at 7:15, and were towards the front with our mat, maybe 4 rows back. I would get there a little earlier if you want to be front and center.

The performance was amazing! Great show!!
------

This is exactly what I needed to know! Thanks DISer's!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter