• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani for New Years

amym2

DIS Veteran
We (2 adults, 2 college kids) will be at Aulani Dec 30-Jan 4. This will be our 4th trip to Aulani but our first time over New Years. I’m assuming I should make dinner reservations offsite (suggestions for places that won’t be fixed price?) or we should plan to cook in. Anyone know what time any resort activities are likely to start? We don’t want to miss anything!

We (2 adults, 2 college kids) will be at Aulani Dec 30-Jan 4. This will be our 4th trip to Aulani but our first time over New Years. I’m assuming I should make dinner reservations offsite (suggestions for places that won’t be fixed price?) or we should plan to cook in. Anyone know what time any resort activities are likely to start? We don’t want to miss anything!
Aloha Amy and congratulations on your upcoming trip. We were there last NYE and it was nice, but a challenge with 2 young ones. So here is what I can share. Last year was the first time they welcomed back fireworks since the Pandemic. Everything is happening on the beach. They had a DJ music and I believe a few vendors selling stuff as many of the kids had those Neon Necklace types of stuff. I may be wrong because we came down just for the Fireworks and immediately went back up to the room. Regarding seating fronting the lagoon in the pool area, those were taken when I came down early in the morning to reserve our pool chairs in the children splash area. I want to presume those guys were there easily before 4am just because those are the prime seats IF you want to sit on those loungers. But if those don't matter to you, any spot on the beach or even the pool area will be good enough to view the fireworks. The firework show last year took about 10 mins. It was nice. Having dinner off site is smart. We actually cooked steaks and other goods using the BBQ area. Other than that, they don't really have anything going on except the fireworks at midnight. I asked a lot of questions regarding where it would be in hopes of seeing it from our balcony but if you look at the lagoon, there would be a barge that rolls out there probably around 11PM or so. We stayed out in the pool 'till around 5 PM and didn't see the barge out there yet. It's actually on the right side of the lagoon if you look straight out. I'll actually see if I can attach a picture or two so you can see how it was. Other than that....whatever you think would be best regarding food. As long as you're back by 11PM, I don't think you'll miss anything regarding what the resort has going on. Four Seasons also has their own NYE stuff going on but the firework show I believe is for all of Ko Olina and that includes the Marriot Time Shares, Four Seasons, Aulani, and the residents. But other than that, once it was over, there was a mad rush to the elevators. Many like us just came down in our PJs, etc. Then it was back to sleep for us! =)

Attachments

• IMG_C063487A67E4-1.jpeg
    IMG_C063487A67E4-1.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
Monkeypod is always a fun spot....I'm sure it'll be more crowded being NYE but at least you won't need to fight anyone for parking in the structure just in case it's full...which I don't think it would be... If you venture off property like in nearby Kapolei area, you'll see all the chaos that the westside has with our Illegal Firework problem. Lots of aerials that'll probably cost more than what Ko Olina is paying for their show. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter