Aulani on resort food

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
I did a search but came up with the big thread about other places to eat.

I'm curious about:
1) character breakfast cost and kinds of food? Buffet? Menu?

2) AMA AMA for dinner cost? Lunch cost? Totally worth sunset dinner?

I am by myself for two days so it doesn't need to be romantic :) I will splurge if it is worth it bc I may never be back

Thanks

P.s. monkey pod across street seems to have rave reviews, yes? Cost? Reservations?

I did Aulani solo in 2011 for 9 nights and did both the character breakfast and ate at Ama Ama for breakfast and dinner most days. I believe all of the menus are online at the Aulani website.

I thought the character breakfast was cute. I actually bought the picture package and the characters came around several times and you could take more than one picture with them if you wanted. The food was typical of what breakfast buffets have with some ethnic foods included(Asian, Hawaiian).

Ama Ama was fabulous!!! It can be expensive if you get the appetizer, entrée, and dessert. I also ate breakfast there just about every morning and dinner almost every night. I never left hungry or unsatisfied. For dinner, I had the cobb salad and seafood appetizers, and the filet mignon, paella, and something else I don't remember. I was always too full for dessert. For breakfast I had the French toast(good but not too filling), breakfast burrito(huge and couldn't finish it--isn't on the menu so you have to ask for it), and the omelet platter that comes with home fries, etc. I never ate lunch there because I was always at the pool and opted for the quick service items. There lunch menu did look good though.

Thanks abdgeek!! I just made AMA AMA reservations and character breakfast reservations! Very excited and wish I could spend more than two days there!

Hey there,

We dined at Ama Ama for lunch on our last trip and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the fish tacos were amazing and the servings huge! We dined at Makahiki a few times for dinner, I can't say it was for the food though, it was its lovely atmosphere, the food was just ok. We did the character breakfast, it was a nice experience for the kids, I don't think I would go again, I have had much better character buffet experiences in the US & Hong Kong Disneyland, they only have a few characters, which make appearances around the hotel each day for photos and the food (even my beloved Mickey waffles) I didn't enjoy.
Prices and menus are on Aulani's website :)

We did AMA AMA for dinner and breakfast. Dinner is expensive over $100 but you are in Hawaii. I had Mickey waffles for breakfast, not on the menu so very nice surprise. We loved Monkeypod for happy hour!

Did you have to especially ask for the Mickey Waffles at Ama Ama? I noticed they were on the kids menu but was too afraid to order them for myself!! Having said that, I guess you are on a Disney property, only natural that a Disney fan would want Mickey Waffles!

I will have to go back and check out website-I didn't see prices first time around.

I don't know why but I looooove Mickey waffles!!! I will be sure to ask about them if I need to!

Did you have to especially ask for the Mickey Waffles at Ama Ama? I noticed they were on the kids menu but was too afraid to order them for myself!! Having said that, I guess you are on a Disney property, only natural that a Disney fan would want Mickey Waffles!

I saw they were on the kids menu but asked the waiter and I was able to order them. It was 4 waffles with 3-4 different toppings - butter, syrup, caramel and pineapple. Very good!

Aclov - Oh my goodness, they look good! It's breakfast time here now, and just looking at those made my tummy grumble and made my cereal look unappealing! I'll go to Ama Ama for my Mickey Waffles next visit, rather than the buffet, so much better cooked fresh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter