Aulani - transportation to HNL airport -

seema

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 3 with our daughter at 17 years of age. If we did not want to rent a car when going between HNL and Aulani - what would be the prices of these options?

If we wanted to rent a car for a day or 2 of our week stay there, what is the rental car desk onsite - does it offer better rates than the same car rental company at the airport?

We had three people and found that a cab or something like at would be way more both directions than renting a car at the airport for an entire week. We used discount codes and coupons and got it for $250 for the week. I would suggest that. Then we were able to run to Target or Costco as needed, no schedules, etc.

We are a family of 3 with our daughter at 17 years of age. If we did not want to rent a car when going between HNL and Aulani - what would be the prices of these options?

If we wanted to rent a car for a day or 2 of our week stay there, what is the rental car desk onsite - does it offer better rates than the same car rental company at the airport?

The car rental place at Aulani is an Alamo/National. I rented a car for three days when I was at Aulani last year and found the rate of $35 per day for a midsize to be reasonable. It also meant I didn't have to rent the car for more days then I needed it and then deal with the hassle of returning it to the airport. To get from the airport to Aulani, I used Cloud 9 Limo which gives a discount for Aulani. It was a little more expensive at $109 one way, but they picked me up at the gate, took me to baggage claim and waited 15-20 minutes while I got my luggage, and then took me to Aulani. They also had cold water waiting for me in the car, and all of their drivers were very personable. The only other car service I read about was Charley's Taxi, but they didn't get very good reviews. I think people were saying that it cost about $50 to get to Aulani using them.

If you can get a good deal on a car for a week, get it. Unfortunately, when I researched my options, it was more convenient and cost effective the way I did it. I was at Aulani for 9 days.

We're at Aulani right now. The current base rate for a mid-sized car at Alamo on-site at Aulani is $84.99 and $3.77 in fees plus taxes per day. If you are a DVC member, parking is free, however, if you're not a DVC member, you have to pay the $35/day parking fee if you keep the car over night. If you just need a car for a day, the Alamo office is closed at 5 p.m. but you can return the vehicle to the Aulani valet before 11 p.m. the same day and you won't be charged the parking fee.

Discount Hawaii Car Rental usually offers the lowest prices - http://discounthawaiicarrental.com/
We've received good rates from them on Oahu & Maui

They're also recommended on Tripadvisor & TUG.
- http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60982-s304/Honolulu:Oahu:Taxis.And.Rental.Cars.html
- http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169041

Discount Hawaii rental cars have ALWAYS given me the best price. For 5 1/2 weeks I paid $1088 for a midsize including all taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter