Aulani visit?

Meg_z10

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick question, does anyone know if non-resort guests are allowed to come visit Aulani?

My family and I are going to Hawaii (Oahu, Maui and Hawaii) at the end of May.
This will actually be the first non-disney trip we've made in a while...

We are thinking of renting a car for one of our days in Oahu and since I collect the Vinylmation figures (looking for the Hawaii exclusives) I was wondering if we would be let in resort to visit the shop, and maybe get something to eat.
(I'm assuming its like the other Disney Resorts and there's a main gate you have to pass through first?)

Mahalo!

Yes, you can visit the resort and dine or shop, but not use the pool or other resort amenities (except the Spa). There would be a charge for parking. This is what the Aulani website shows:

PARKING FOR DAYTIME VISITORS
Valet parking is $35 per day; Self parking is $10 for the first hour and $5 for every half hour after that, with a maximum day rate of $35.* When you spend $35* or more at Aulani dining venues or at Laniwai Spa during a single visit, you'll get validated valet or self parking for up to 4 hours.

Yes, you can visit the resort and dine or shop, but not use the pool or other resort amenities (except the Spa). There would be a charge for parking. This is what the Aulani website shows:

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks :thumbsup2

Any one know if validation will be given for eating at the quick service restaurants?

Meg_z10 said:
Any one know if validation will be given for eating at the quick service restaurants?

During our Hawaii trip last year we visited twice as non hotel guests. First time we ate at Ama Ama and shopped and got free parking. The second time we just got drinks at the bar and an appetizer or two at off the hook. That counted as well. Hope that helps? Not sure about any other dining areas.

The second time we just got drinks at the bar and an appetizer or two at off the hook. That counted as well.

This is more of what I was thinking ;)
Thanks for the info...I just feel like since we're only like 30mins from the resort we might as well stop and check it out. :D

Just realize that after you see and walk around Aulani, you'll be kicking yourself for not staying there!

Iceman93 said:
Just realize that after you see and walk around Aulani, you'll be kicking yourself for not staying there!

It depends on where you are staying lol.

My DH and I were staying in Haleiwa in a rented beach house right in the water on a nearly secluded beach. Nothing will top laying in our hammock at sunset with the beach stretching on both sides and Waimea valley behind us:-) we purposely stopped by Aulani because we wanted to go there this year for our anniversary with our kids and wanted to check it out.

Now had we been staying in Waikiki.we would've been sad to leave after a cpl hrs!!

For the record , after touring Aulani we booked a villa for 5 days and a beach house on the north shore for 5 more. Nothing can beat the peacefulness of staying on the beach! And it is really inexpensive to rent a house:-)

It depends on where you are staying lol.

My DH and I were staying in Haleiwa in a rented beach house right in the water on a nearly secluded beach. Nothing will top laying in our hammock at sunset with the beach stretching on both sides and Waimea valley behind us:-) we purposely stopped by Aulani because we wanted to go there this year for our anniversary with our kids and wanted to check it out.

Now had we been staying in Waikiki.we would've been sad to leave after a cpl hrs!!

For the record , after touring Aulani we booked a villa for 5 days and a beach house on the north shore for 5 more. Nothing can beat the peacefulness of staying on the beach! And it is really inexpensive to rent a house:-)

When we are at Aulani, I may need to get some of that house info from you again!! I didn't save it before. :)

Is parking free at Aulani with a DVC member card? We are visiting tomorrow before flying home. Thanks!

Is parking free at Aulani with a DVC member card? We are visiting tomorrow before flying home. Thanks!

We were told it was only free for DVC members staying at the hotel using their membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter