• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Australian Adventure June 2009

BecABD

Earning My Ears
My sister and I and 2 friends are planning on the June 13th trip this summer! Anyone else going on that one? What's the weather like during June...they say it's winter, but is winter there really that cold??

:cheer2: We did Viva Italia with ABD in 2007 and loved it. Now Australia this summer and then we are doing Knights & Lights (London/Paris) plus Disneyland Paris in December. Hello, NYE fireworks at the Eiffel Tower! Amazing I'm sure!

As an Aussie, June is a pretty good time to be going for the Cairns, Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock part of the trip. In the tropical north you wear shorts basically every day of the year. Ayers Rock is in the desert - in summer it is hot, hot, hot 'surface of the sun' has nothing on it. Think of weeks with the temperature about 110.

In the Aussie winter, it will be cooler - so shorts again and jeans + jacket for the nights which can get cold.

For Sydney the weather will be jeans + jacket and something for the rain. Nights might get to freezing and days will be about 40 - 50. Dress in layers so that if you get warm you can peel off something.

I will check back here, so if you have any queries, just ask

We traveled to Australia in June 2008. The weather on our trip

Sydney - was cool mid 60s and windy with a little rain
Cairns - was warmer mid 70s
Ayers Rock - was hot during the day but real cold at night and early mornings

We were there the first week in June, and I agree with packing layers.

Cairns: 70s/Shorts during the day. Jeans/pants for evening. Light sweater some evenings.

Uluru: 40s in the morning/evening. We were cold! I wore a turtleneck with a fleece zip up and my windbreaker with gloves and peeled off layers as needed. It was very windy hiking in Kata Tjuta in the morning. Same during the evenings, especially at the star gazing. Camel ride at sunset was turtleneck/sweater/sweatshirt weather--not too cold. During the afternoons, it was milder in the low 70s. Much warmer while hiking. A t-shirt would suffice.

Sydney: 50s at night/60s during the day. We had one sunny day and the rest of the time it rained. I wore a t-shirt, light sweater and windbreaker and took the windbreaker off as needed. I wore a light coat over my dress for dinner at the Summit.

We are going on the July 18th trip actually. All the other dates I wanted were either booked or canceled. There are 4 of us, but we booked as 2 and 2 just to get the extra bathroom and space in hotels!! Should be so much fun, it's all I think about lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter