Which stateroom Disney wish....

petrola

Mouseketeer
Hi All - this fall will be our family's first cruise on the Disney Wish and I am deciding between either a family stateroom with a verandah on deck 12- or what I think may be an unusual opportunity to choose stateroom 11006 - which is a a family oceanview stateroom. (both are considered concierge rooms). While I would normally choose something on deck 12 to be closer to the lounge, it looks like 11006 is a bit larger.... thoughts? it is worth it to give up proximity to the lounge for a larger room?

1714701056806.png

only you can decide.... how much time would you anticipate using the verandah? sometimes we have barely used it on a cruise... both are likely to be beautiful rooms... for us, I might consider Oceanview just to try something unique and different.

Cabin 11006

Who is sleeping in the living room? Murphy bed and pull down (over a desk). Small children who would have the cabin door while you are tucked away from them?

I like the big windows. I don’t utilize verandahs well. I like extra square footage - especially if it makes the cabin seem bigger. This one does.

Where is the TV in the living room? Do you need one in there?

We had this room last October. It was just me and my husband. This room is huge!!! You have a living room with a couch and chairs that have huge windows. The murphy bed is there as well. Private bedroom, make up table. Did I miss a verandah? A bit, but the views were great. You are a couple levels down from the lounge, but it is not terrible. If you are looking for a spacious room, I would keep this room. I would not hesitate to book it againIMG_1033.jpg

Cabin 11006

Who is sleeping in the living room? Murphy bed and pull down (over a desk). Small children who would have the cabin door while you are tucked away from them?

I like the big windows. I don’t utilize verandahs well. I like extra square footage - especially if it makes the cabin seem bigger. This one does.

Where is the TV in the living room? Do you need one in there?
my two children (ages 10 and 14) will be sleeping there. I agree with you though, we cruised on the dream and fantasy when they were younger ( 2 and 6) and would not have wanted them behind a cabin door at that age. I don't remember using the veranda much on the Dream and Fantasy, but having the lounge next door was nice!

We had this room last October. It was just me and my husband. This room is huge!!! You have a living room with a couch and chairs that have huge windows. The murphy bed is there as well. Private bedroom, make up table. Did I miss a verandah? A bit, but the views were great. You are a couple levels down from the lounge, but it is not terrible. If you are looking for a spacious room, I would keep this room. I would not hesitate to book it againView attachment 856617
thank you for your insight. what a beautiful view indeed!

Where are you comparing the size? If it's from the deck plans, be aware they don't really show comparable sizes.
Deck plans from Disney website indicates square footage of 357 sq ft whereas the random concierge stateroom with verandah is 296 sq ft (including verandah). Also, from reading comments of guests who have stayed in that stateroom. Above a video of 11006 is posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter