AVENTURA HOTEL INFO.......

We’ve booked a deluxe room for October. Would really like a nice view. There’s not a skyline category, are there rooms with terrible views on the lower floors or are they all ok?
We won’t arrive until the evening, is it worth emailing to put in a request ( I know this can’t be guaranteed) for a high floor?

Stayed before but only in standard and skyline queen rooms and thought it would be nice to try the deluxe ones as those windows look awesome.

Thanks for any advice.
A year ago September I had a deluxe room and didn’t have a great view, it wasn’t bad but not exceptional. I had a skyline 2 Queen room about a week ago and that view was exceptional! Room 1157, it was also close to the elevator but not too close. It was down the pink hallway. I always ask for a high floor at Aventura. The view was of Islands of Adventure in direct line with Doctor Doom, we could see the Hardrock Hotel and beyond. You could see the Hulk and the Velocicoaster as well as the Castle.

Attachments

• IMG_4500.jpeg
    IMG_4500.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 31
A year ago September I had a deluxe room and didn’t have a great view, it wasn’t bad but not exceptional. I had a skyline 2 Queen room about a week ago and that view was exceptional! Room 1157, it was also close to the elevator but not too close. It was down the pink hallway. I always ask for a high floor at Aventura. The view was of Islands of Adventure in direct line with Doctor Doom, we could see the Hardrock Hotel and beyond. You could see the Hulk and the Velocicoaster as well as the Castle.
That is an amazing view. I’ve sent an email requesting a high floor so fingers crossed.

We were there in August in deluxe room high floor. We were at the end of the pink hallway and had an amazing view. And loved the room with the curved wall if windows. It was nice going with my adult daughter having that separation off the beds that gave us a bit of privacy rather than having 2 beds close together in a regular room configuration

It's very convenient. No long hallways, not as busy, fewer kids running around, elevators very efficient. I would stay here again.

You can pool hop (Cabana Bay & Sapphire Falls are both quite convenient).

Took us a while to figure out how to turn off the lights using the tablet the first day.

The big picture windows give a nice view when you wake up.

This will be my first time staying here in a couple of weeks. Any advice? Thanks.
When you get off the elevator to head to your room, take note of the hallway floor color. Because there are multiple elevators in a circular formation, this makes it easy to head straight to your room instead of looking around for hallway room numbers. (Pink, blue or green)

I can’t find my picture but here’s one from nextadventurevacations.com:
1697907054030.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw something today on the app about the lobby bar being temporarily closed. Anyone know what is up with that?

It said that when we were there but it was open.
Thanks, Good to know.

I'm a little nervous about staying here. I've never stayed at this hotel before, and I sold my boss on us switching here because there were 3 bars. Our original hotel didn't have any, but he could have walked to some nearby that I'm sure would have been less expensive than Universal. I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly, and he likes it.

Thanks, Good to know.

I'm a little nervous about staying here. I've never stayed at this hotel before, and I sold my boss on us switching here because there were 3 bars. Our original hotel didn't have any, but he could have walked to some nearby that I'm sure would have been less expensive than Universal. I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly, and he likes it.
Just my opinion, the lobby bar is nothing special but the rooftop bar has amazing views. My favorite bar, though, is to walk across the lot and go to Strong Water Tavern at Sapphire Falls. It’s roughly a 2 minute easy walk. Far better quality and ambience there. It does get busy there though during weekend evenings. I believe you can make reservations or put your name in early if that is the case.

Jake’s at Royal Pacific is great too and is also walkable.

Thanks, I was looking at Strong Water. I wasn't sure if you needed reservations there or not. We will be onsite, on a Sat, Sun, and Mon, leaving early Tuesday morning.

Also, I set the preference in my reservation to high floor. Do I need to also send an email as well? If so, to what address?

I know we will most likely be checking in late Saturday night unless we do online check in? I've never done that, not sure how that works, can you do it if you are off property?

Also, I need to pick up my AP ticket, I'm assuming there's a desk for that? There was at the other hotels I have stayed at.

Thanks, I was looking at Strong Water. I wasn't sure if you needed reservations there or not. We will be onsite, on a Sat, Sun, and Mon, leaving early Tuesday morning.
Saturday will be the busiest but you’ll probably be fine without a reservation unless you have a large party. If there are seats available right at the bar of course you can sit there. Otherwise you’ll just put your name in for a table but can still order drinks while you wait. There’s lots of seating in the lobby while you wait if that were the case… while sipping on a beverage ☺️

Also, I set the preference in my reservation to high floor. Do I need to also send an email as well? If so, to what address?

I know we will most likely be checking in late Saturday night unless we do online check in? I've never done that, not sure how that works, can you do it if you are off property?

Also, I need to pick up my AP ticket, I'm assuming there's a desk for that? There was at the other hotels I have stayed at.
I’ve never emailed but call instead about my preference. 407-503-6000 Not sure of their email address off the top of my head. I’ve also never received the online checkin email which seems to be hit or miss for people. We usually arrive late at night for most of our trips and have minimal waits at that time.

There is a vacation desk next to the check in desk that you can pick up your passes. I’m not 100% sure of that particular desk’s hours but in the past they were open from 7am-7pm.

We will have 6 adults in our group. I have no plans at the moment. I've been doing research all day trying to figure out when and where we might want / need reservations for the trip.

Friday night we will be off-property, and I am looking at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant. It doesn't look terribly expensive, has great reviews, is in the general area we are staying, and isn't the same old chain we could visit at home.

Saturday night, I was thinking Antojitos and Sunday VIVO Italian Kitchen, but I have no real plans yet. Originally, I wanted to do CowFish, but we've got people in our group who are gluten free and have food allergies, and these other two look like better options to handle that. Plus, my boss loves Mexican, so I figured that would make him happy. Amatista Cookhouse next door also looked like a good gluten free option, but I'm not sure about the atmosphere. It looks more food court hotel breakfast vibe to me than actual restaurant.

I figure the group will probably want to hit the roof-top bar or Strong Water at least one night, maybe after dinner, not sure. I'm not getting a lot of feedback from anyone going on this trip. I'm pretty sure my boss is just going to plant himself at a bar and not move most of the trip. That's usually his MO. Not sure if one of the pool bars would be best or something at Sapphire. I'm not sure when the rooftop bar even opens.

There is a vacation desk next to the check in desk that you can pick up your passes. I’m not 100% sure of that particular desk’s hours but in the past they were open from 7am-7pm.
That's good to know. If we get there late, I may be better off to go over and use the kiosks outside of Universal, or I can't remember, can you pick up AP there or do those just do paper tickets?

That's good to know. If we get there late, I may be better off to go over and use the kiosks outside of Universal, or I can't remember, can you pick up AP there or do those just do paper tickets?
Somebody might know better… I’ve only picked up APs and tickets right at the vacation desks at hotels. You can pick them up at guest services outside of the parks and Citywalk but I’m not sure of their hours late at night. Otherwise you should be able to pick them up at the hotel desk first thing in the morning. You may want to call the hotel and check on the vacation desk hours.

Last edited:
I figure the group will probably want to hit the roof-top bar or Strong Water at least one night, maybe after dinner, not sure. I'm not getting a lot of feedback from anyone going on this trip. I'm pretty sure my boss is just going to plant himself at a bar and not move most of the trip. That's usually his MO. Not sure if one of the pool bars would be best or something at Sapphire. I'm not sure when the rooftop bar even opens.
Strong Water IHO has the best food at Universal. Plus it has an amazing laid back atmosphere. I wouldn’t discount it for dinner. With 6 in your group, I would make a reservation. It’s easily done through the Resy app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter