B-day ideas @ WDW?

pimon

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We just booked our first WDW trip! We're a family of 8... age range from 2-16. My 4 yo will be celebrating his 5th b-day while we're there. I'm wondering if some of you could help me with some ideas that would help make his day a special one? Thanks! :)

Hi, I am looking for any good B-day ideas in the WDW parks. Like maybe which parks have things that would appeal to a 5yo DS that would make this day special.:)

at City Hall in Magic Kingdom. Also let your resort know that he's celebrating his b'day.

I'd also make priority seatings for a character meal.

Cheryl

I agree the Birthday Pin makes there day, My DD celebrated her b-day on our trip two years ago and it was the best. The cast members at the MK were so cool. Then we had breakfast with Pooh and Gang at Crystal Palace and Tigger did a birthday dance. She will never forget that day.

Hi Pimon...WELOME to the DIS! :)

How exciting...you're first trip to WDW and you'll be celebrating a birthday while there! Disney is TERRIFIC about making you feel special on your birthday.

I think MK will probably be the park a 5 year old will like best...plus there are thrill rides there for the older kids too! :) Buzz Lightyear is a big hit with my boys.They also love Splash Mt
and Pirates of the Carribean too.

Go to City Hall in the MK on his special day to get a birthday badge.

Wherever you eat that day tell them it's his birthday.

When you check in to your resort tell them at the desk what day is your sons birthday.There will probably be a surprise waiting for him when he gets back to the room later. :)

We celebrated our DS 6th bday at WDW. He got a phone call from Mickey and a bday card and balloon at the resort. It was great. When I made our PS I told them that it was for the bday boy and it was on our ticket when we checked in so they immediately said happy birthday. We also got a cupcake with a candle and everyone sang to him at the Crystal Palace.

Have a fun time!

For my birthday this year, Amy convinced me to get my haircut at the Main Street Barbershop. When the barber discovered it was my birthday, he added some special touches to the hair. This is what may make it fun for your DS.
<center>
img2.jpg
img3.jpg
</center>

Last August, we were at WDW for my Dad and brother's birthday (they share the special day). We did all kinds of cool things. Each park has buttons that say "Today is my birthday!" and the cast members really treat you special if you have one on, especially a child. (My dad turned 62 and my brother 39, and they still fussed over them!)

Also, plan a character breakfast on birthday morning (call now). We did Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. They brought little birthday cupcakes and all the characters made a big deal out of the event.

Some things we did would not be open to children, like getting into a show such as the Backstage Tour water show at D/MGM, but if you are at Animal Kingdom, they would probably let you do the "hand jive" at the Festival of the Lion King. If you are at MK that day, I would recommend doing the scavenger hunt, and sit at one of the "stop" points for the day parade ( in Liberty Square, to the Haunted Mansion side of the Hall of Presidents, facing Frontierland is our favorite spot). They get kids to join in the parade. You need to have your spot at the rope by 2, though. Ask at City Hall for your birthday button and info on the hunt and any other birthday kid activities.

Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter