[B]Possible stupid Question Here!!! RE' Disney Rewards-Visa...[/B]

paslea_pooh

DIS Veteran
I have 54 "Rewards dollars", what does that exactly mean in real terms, what can I purchase with this....Also , I've read where others have gotten 25 dollars or an Aladdin DVD....anyone who can comment on this I would be most appreciative.

thanks

First a special hello to a SSR Neighbor!

I can't tell you about the 25 reward dollars and alladin DVD but I can tell you this.

You have earned $54 reward dollars because you have spent around $5000 on purchases (assuming you didn't get double or triple rewards anytime). Those are practically like have "Disney Dollars" on a credit card. They are accepted $1 Reward = $1 US around the Disney property and last I checked that the disney stores. In order to use them though you need to transfer them to rewards card (either online or by phone from the number on the back of your card).

So basically you have $54 disney dollars you have accumlated so far. Way to Go!

Ditto on the SSR!!

The $25 or Alladin DVD had to do with where/when you applied for your Disney visa. There were many different incentives to open accounts.

I didn't realize that you had to transfer it to another card, is there a time limit for that? I just opened my account in early April and have been using my card for everything! Hopefully when we go home to SSR in November I'll have at least one 10 day park hopper paid for , yeah!!!

Its a REWARDS CARD (looks like one of those "fake" credit card you get inside of a new wallet). Your first transfer need to be $20 or more (plan on taking 2-3 weeks to receive your card... Maybe shorter, but better safe than sorry). After you have the card you can INSTANTEOUSLY transfer reward dollars to your card in Increments of $10 or more.

As far as I can tell there is no DEADLINE to transfer Points to your card BUT...

Be advised though that cards do have expiration dates on them and points left on (i.e. not spent) will be lost. I believe the card expires the december a year from when your card is requested. (you order it 6/05 it would expire on 12/06) Check yourself it has been over a year since I transfered points. I myself have a card that is expiring 12/05, but we are going on a trip in May 2006 to SSR (thats our first time home!). So I am letting my card expire and then I will order a new card in January 2006.

paslea_pooh said:
I didn't realize that you had to transfer it to another card, is there a time limit for that? I just opened my account in early April and have been using my card for everything! Hopefully when we go home to SSR in November I'll have at least one 10 day park hopper paid for , yeah!!!

brivers222 said:
Be advised though that cards do have expiration dates on them and points left on (i.e. not spent) will be lost. I believe the card expires the december a year from when your card is requested. (you order it 6/05 it would expire on 12/06) Check yourself it has been over a year since I transfered points. I myself have a card that is expiring 12/05, but we are going on a trip in May 2006 to SSR (thats our first time home!). So I am letting my card expire and then I will order a new card in January 2006.

I work at the Disney Store, we had a guest present a rewards card the other day that had an expiration date of 12/04 on it and it went through.

brivers222 said:
(plan on taking 2-3 weeks to receive your card... Maybe shorter, but better safe than sorry).

If you are in a hurry to get a card, you can pay $10 express surcharge. Another option if you are in a hurry, is to pick one up at Guest Services in Downtown Disney. You can then call Disney Visa Cardmember Services and they will transfer you rewards to that card.

brivers222 said:
As far as I can tell there is no DEADLINE to transfer Points to your card BUT...

I believe that is inaccurate. There used to be a 5 year expiration on trasnferring points to your card. For example, I have points that will expire in March, 2008 (got my card in March 2003)

But I believe (I could be wrong), that there expirartions are separate. So, I can transfer my points over in January 2008, and then the points on the card will expire in December 2009.

So there are actually two kinds of expirarations going on

Julia

Good for you!! Youhave 54 yes 54 dollars that you can spend anyway you want at disney and the disney stores :cool1: That's great. We just(5 weeks already :( )and had $104 on our card. My husband used it for our mugs at our resort and pins and other incidental that he just wanted. Enjoy it and by the way we called for our card and received it within three weeks give yourself a little extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter