B&P's VR 11/10/2012 UK/AAP/UKDP Day 1 Arrival & Epcot 6/10

I am trying to do a quick post since my nephew will be here any moment (watching him this am and wont be able to get a thing done once he's here!! lol) Love your cards and towels!!! So fun!! And what a steal on the towels! yay! :yay:

omg. on the dj. hmmm see I have no idea about the dj's, I really need to start researching. I am "one of those" that really doesn't want the DJ to be super interactive and annoying. I have an exact list of all the songs I want played already and definitely don't want requests at all. lol (yes I am OCD)
Is the DJ you are confirmed with known for being easy to work with people who are crazy about this like me?? hahaha Would you mind sharing how you got to contact him (maybe a PM if you dont want to post on here?)
eek! How long out will we normally get ours assigned? I wonder if mine is already assigned and I don't know it?!

And I just realized I commented back on my PJ to you and missed that we can take out pre-paying for the DP- I didn't think that was an option earlier, but Maxine made it seem like NBD! I'll take it! ;)

:goodvibesHi! I've enjoyed rading your pj, your plans sound wonderful!!!

Just to chime in on the DJ, it sounds like there was some miscommunication! We did the same thing and contacted the disney DJ we wanted (same one as you!) 18 months ahead of time!!!and asked him if he was available. The Dj is very important to us. He confirmed he had the date open and he booked us into his schedule and let us know that all we needed to do was let our planner know we were reserved with him. I told our planners asst (Sarah!) when we were assigned to her in Aug and she just followed up with the DJ to confirm. I think maybe Sarah didn't realize that you already contacted the DJ and was given the ok by him? She seemed to be following the train of thought that she knew you wanted him but needed to contact him tosee if he was free and to book-but you already did that and just needed confirmation! Brides usually don't contact the DJ so its a bit out of the norm and maybe it led to the confusion. I hope that makes sense and maybe helps other brides!

I just went on DJ Chuck's website per our fb group preferred vendor list and "checked my date"... he isn't available. I am slightly freaking out. Are all the oher Disney DJ's in your face and annoying?? :scared1:

I read this update DAYS ago! I am so sorry I forgot to comment. Anyway, I am SO glad it got settled for you! :goodvibes That's one big worry checked off already!

I had DJ Steve...I had requested DJ Miles but he was unavailable. My WP got married about 3 weeks before me and she was going to request DJ Steve for her wedding, but I think he was unavailable, so she told me that he would be my best bet. I don't think he was "in your face" at all. Now, there is a picture of him leading a line dance but I don't remember him being out there so either he was pretty camoflauged or I was somewhere else. Either way, we met with him before and he was really accommadating and I really liked him!

That's what we figured, that the extra cost wouldn't be too terrible. Basically, instead of upgrading to smart phones like we were going to, we're using that money for the kittens, and that pretty much covers their "rent."

And that's a saying I'll have to remember! ;) Definitely kept it in my mind yesterday, when we found one of them had peed on the bed...

I may be sending you a PM later with some general kitten related questions :)

I'm so glad this worked out for you! It seems absolutely crazy that they would normally make you wait until September. I don't understand that at all. I mean, the DJ is one of your vendors, of course you want that confirmed a good deal ahead of time!

Becky,

That's awesome that you traded smart phones for kittens. I love my iphone, but I love my boys so much more. Good choice!

Sorry someone peed on the bed. Was it a one time deal, I hope? We had some trouble with that, but haven't in years. Feel free to send as many questions, I will help in whatever way I can.

I don't understand and get frustrated at alot of Disney's policies. As I said to Paul, I was essentially doing their work for them on the DJ. I am just so happy to have it done. Disney does do a lot of the work for you, but that causes it's own set of problems. :rolleyes1

I am trying to do a quick post since my nephew will be here any moment (watching him this am and wont be able to get a thing done once he's here!! lol) Love your cards and towels!!! So fun!! And what a steal on the towels! yay! :yay:

omg. on the dj. hmmm see I have no idea about the dj's, I really need to start researching. I am "one of those" that really doesn't want the DJ to be super interactive and annoying. I have an exact list of all the songs I want played already and definitely don't want requests at all. lol (yes I am OCD)
Is the DJ you are confirmed with known for being easy to work with people who are crazy about this like me?? hahaha Would you mind sharing how you got to contact him (maybe a PM if you dont want to post on here?)
eek! How long out will we normally get ours assigned? I wonder if mine is already assigned and I don't know it?!

And I just realized I commented back on my PJ to you and missed that we can take out pre-paying for the DP- I didn't think that was an option earlier, but Maxine made it seem like NBD! I'll take it! ;)

Thanks for comments on the cards and towels. We have a lot of card players, so I know the cards will get use. I believe that poker games are already in the works. :rotfl2: Probably some cribbage too! The towels were too cheap not to get.

I love that we don't have to pay for everyone for the DP up front. That is fabulous news!! Thanks! :banana::banana:

:goodvibesHi! I've enjoyed rading your pj, your plans sound wonderful!!!

Just to chime in on the DJ, it sounds like there was some miscommunication! We did the same thing and contacted the disney DJ we wanted (same one as you!) 18 months ahead of time!!!and asked him if he was available. The Dj is very important to us. He confirmed he had the date open and he booked us into his schedule and let us know that all we needed to do was let our planner know we were reserved with him. I told our planners asst (Sarah!) when we were assigned to her in Aug and she just followed up with the DJ to confirm. I think maybe Sarah didn't realize that you already contacted the DJ and was given the ok by him? She seemed to be following the train of thought that she knew you wanted him but needed to contact him tosee if he was free and to book-but you already did that and just needed confirmation! Brides usually don't contact the DJ so its a bit out of the norm and maybe it led to the confusion. I hope that makes sense and maybe helps other brides!

Thanks for your comments. Glad to know that we aren't alone in the DJ being very important and that a lot of people seem to like Chuck. He seems great to work with so far.

I wish I could chalk it up to miscommunication. The first thing I told Sarah was that I had just gotten off the phone with Chuck to reserve him and that he had told me to call her. I even mentioned to her that it didn't make sense that it couldn't be confirmed now since I had already done it and just needed them to finalize it on their end.

I am a little concerned, to be honest. It is the second time I have called to talk to her about something big (first was scheduling our planning session) and had specific things we wanted. She seems to like to push back a bit, but then does what I have requested within an hour. :confused3

I read this update DAYS ago! I am so sorry I forgot to comment. Anyway, I am SO glad it got settled for you! :goodvibes That's one big worry checked off already!

It's okay, Jackie. You have alot going on. :hug:

I am very happy to have this done and that he seems to be on board with our limited concept. He did seem worried and even asked me if I am forced to choose between my playlist and having my guest dance, which do I choose. I told him that most of our guests were at our first wedding and almost of them think that it was the best wedding they ever went to and we did the same thing then, too. I am not worried about the choice. ;)

I had DJ Steve...I had requested DJ Miles but he was unavailable. My WP got married about 3 weeks before me and she was going to request DJ Steve for her wedding, but I think he was unavailable, so she told me that he would be my best bet. I don't think he was "in your face" at all. Now, there is a picture of him leading a line dance but I don't remember him being out there so either he was pretty camoflauged or I was somewhere else. Either way, we met with him before and he was really accommadating and I really liked him!

Andrea,

Thanks for posting. Glad to know there are other good ones. Unobtrusive DJs are good to have. Everyone seemed to have a blast at your wedding so that was great. Hopefully, Tricia who still needs a DJ will see these recommendations.

Happy 1 year engagement anniversary!

Your kitties are adorable and I love the napkins!

Thanks, Faith!

We are very biased, but think they are the most handsome 3 kittens ever! :rotfl2: I will have to post a picture of them all sleeping together. Now that's adorable.

I love the towels too. I think they will be great.

I have to catch up on your plans, I am way behind!

Okay...next post will be fun. I am tired of ranting and haven't shared a whole lot as to what we want to do and stuff, and I have been bitten by the etsy bug, BAD!

So, I have been poking around on Etsy for several months, but had never really decided on anything or made any purchases. Well in the last week, I have made 4 - 2 for me and 2 for the fairy godchildren (didn't like flowergirl).

We have now purchased all the girls accessories, except for shoes, which will have to wait until next Fall. Rachel, the 8 year old, is desperate to get shoes, but we have to hold strong. :rotfl2:

We picked up the girls dresses a few weeks ago. They were completely crazy that day, so this is the best picture I could get. They will look even better when they get altered. I love the silver color though.

1BEFBCE6-1.jpg

I found this silk flower crown on Etsy and the girls loved it. When I mentioned to the seller that the dresses were silver, she customized it with the extra silver ribbon. She will weave it in more, now that I have approved it. She is shipping them out tomorrow! I am so excited. :goodvibes

haircrown.jpg

I had marked this jewelry set for myself months ago, when our plans were much simpler. I have not really found jewlery for the girls that I like, so I showed this to Rachel and Ashlyn and they both loved it. Mommy pointed out that it is grownup jewlery, so they are even more excited. I liked it so much that I bought a set for myself. These came on Friday and they are even pretty than in the picture.

girlsjewelry.jpg

For myself, I have figured out how I want to wear my hair (will make a separate post for that), but I definitely want to wear these in my hair. I ordered 2 sets, which would give me 2 on each side. These shippied today, but they are coming from Poland, so I have no idea when they will be here.

hairclips.jpg

I also think that I found a clutch to go with my dress. I like this design, but in the pink (shocking!). She has never done it in the pink, but does offer it that way, so it will be a first. I can also add a chain, which I think I will do. I am sure I will get some use out of this long after the VR.

cluth.jpg

pinksilk.jpg

Let me know what you think! I also may have found a boutinere for Paul on etsy too. This is replacing ebay, now that I am done with buying pins! :lmao:

I love your etsy purchases! I wish I had discovered etsy earlier on in my wedding planning... though part of me knows that if I did, I would have spent way more money than I did! :rotfl: The stuff you picked out is beautiful. I love the silver ribbon on flower crown, I'm glad she was able to do that! I also really love the clutch, I could see using that many times in the future.

Bethie, the girls look so wonderful in their dresses! (I can even see the excitement in them! :laughing: ) Love all the etsy purchases, too. The crowns and jewelry will be a wonderful addition to the girls' ensemble. I'm in LOVE :lovestruc with the clutch--I'm really excited to see it in pink. I'm curious to see the prospective boutonniere...! Can't wait to see all the goodies when you get them in. :)

Loving the ETSY purchases... Good finds! LOVE the silk flowers for your hair and the matching clutch! Very trendy! ;)

XXX

Beth, I love all of you Etsy purchases. Everything looks great.

The girls looks so cute in their dresses. They will look awesome once alterations are complete!!

Oh Bethie, I LOOOVE all of your etsy finds. The girls look lovely in their dresses. Can I have one of those crowns?!?! :lmao:

I also love their reactions to the jewelry: it's grown up jewelry! And the purse is darling. :) It will work very well on your next cruise too!!

Did you buy the wrap at the bottom of the page too? I love your soft pink color palette.

--Awwwwwwww how cute how you two met! I'll deal with the bruins since I know you are a secret rangers fan!!

----we stick with dates too! Ours is the 27th!!

----I love that you wore your wedding dress, how sweet! Can't wait to see what you chose for this special day! Arthritis is no joke, I live with it too!

---eepppp I love that dress!!

---your wedding events seen wonderful! Can I come????

--your site visit plans looked awesome!

--that patio! Awesome!!! I wanna use it now! :)

-- You just gave me the best idea for favors ever. I love the glass Donald and daisy!

----I adore the pins!*

---ugh I'm gonna be one of those people who wants no requests....poor dj!

---- I love your etsy finds!

---Sorry for the novel! I just read all of your pj in the car on my phone and since we're listening to the Rangers/Devils game via my phone, this was easier then posting quotes!!!----

Sweet Bethie
Just catching up on your wonderful PJ!!!
The girls look so cute in their dresses. I think that they will go really well with that pretty necklace and earrings set.
Etsy is so addictive isn't it? I was on it all the time when planning our VR and I will, no doubt, be on it a whole lot more when the serious planning for the 'Nifty Fifty Fiesta' really starts after Christmas.
I love the hair flowers and bag too - great finds!!!!

I love your etsy purchases! I wish I had discovered etsy earlier on in my wedding planning... though part of me knows that if I did, I would have spent way more money than I did! :rotfl: The stuff you picked out is beautiful. I love the silver ribbon on flower crown, I'm glad she was able to do that! I also really love the clutch, I could see using that many times in the future.

Thanks, Becky! I have resisted etsy for a long time. I keep looking at stuff, but not really finding something I have to have, which is good. I am definitely in the market for the personalized hanger, but have time. I think I will also get one for each of the girls. I definitely see alot of use out of the clutch. I can take it on any trip that I need a fancy bag for. That's my justification and I am sticking to it. :lmao:

Bethie, the girls look so wonderful in their dresses! (I can even see the excitement in them! :laughing: ) Love all the etsy purchases, too. The crowns and jewelry will be a wonderful addition to the girls' ensemble. I'm in LOVE :lovestruc with the clutch--I'm really excited to see it in pink. I'm curious to see the prospective boutonniere...! Can't wait to see all the goodies when you get them in. :)

Thanks, Danielle! The girls were going nuts that day. Rachel is very excited, her sister is too, but Ashlyn is much more laid back in general. When I showed the girls the dress the first time online, Ashlyn looked up from the wii game and said "Cool!" and went back to playing. Rachel was looking for shoes! :rotfl: I am excited about the clutch too. It shipped on Tuesday from Ireland, so hopefully it will be here soon. I will be posting about the boutonniere soon, I hope.

Loving the ETSY purchases... Good finds! LOVE the silk flowers for your hair and the matching clutch! Very trendy! ;)

XXX

Fay, thank you! I can't wait to see the flowers and clutch together. I will post more pictures when they come in.

Beth, I love all of you Etsy purchases. Everything looks great.

The girls looks so cute in their dresses. They will look awesome once alterations are complete!!

Thanks, Jennifer. I had to talk Rachel out of wanting to get it altered at Christmas. She thinks we are way behind. She is an 8 year task master. :rotfl2:

Oh Bethie, I LOOOVE all of your etsy finds. The girls look lovely in their dresses. Can I have one of those crowns?!?! :lmao:

I also love their reactions to the jewelry: it's grown up jewelry! And the purse is darling. :) It will work very well on your next cruise too!!

Did you buy the wrap at the bottom of the page too? I love your soft pink color palette.

Jackie, thanks for still following along when you have so much going on. :goodvibes

I am very excited about the clutch too. She sent me pics when she finished it, which I will probably post tomorrow. I want a crown now too!

The pink wrap at the bottom was the example of the pink silk for the clutch, but now you have me thinking that I should investigate a pashmina. It will be November and my dessert party could be chilly and my dress is strapless. :laughing: Should I go pink, silver or both? More shopping, oh no!

I love pink. Paul knows that if I see something pink that I will typically buy it. I don't know what it is, but pink makes me feel so happy and good.

--Awwwwwwww how cute how you two met! I'll deal with the bruins since I know you are a secret rangers fan!!

----we stick with dates too! Ours is the 27th!!

----I love that you wore your wedding dress, how sweet! Can't wait to see what you chose for this special day! Arthritis is no joke, I live with it too!

---eepppp I love that dress!!

---your wedding events seen wonderful! Can I come????

--your site visit plans looked awesome!

--that patio! Awesome!!! I wanna use it now! :)

-- You just gave me the best idea for favors ever. I love the glass Donald and daisy!

----I adore the pins!*

---ugh I'm gonna be one of those people who wants no requests....poor dj!

---- I love your etsy finds!

---Sorry for the novel! I just read all of your pj in the car on my phone and since we're listening to the Rangers/Devils game via my phone, this was easier then posting quotes!!!----

Megan,

No problem on all the comments. Just happy you read it all. Thanks!

I am originally a Rangers fan. I have a 15 year old Leetch jersey and a 2 year old Lundqvist jersey in the closet. I will be wearing one of them in a few weeks at the Bruins game. I have definitely become a big Bruins fan, however. We watch almost every game and we have a half season package, so we go alot too. Last year when the Bruins were not good, I told Paul that I would buy a Bergeron jersey if they won the Cup. I bought it a few weeks ago. :lmao:

Sorry you deal with arthritis too. :hug: It stinks. I have been in a bad flare for weeks now and really need it to end. :mad:

We love our venues and event ideas too. We are very excited. I would love to have everyone come. At least all of the Disbrides would appreciate all that I have done.

I love my new dress too. It should be in soon. I need a couple more pounds off to make it work, but I have time.

Paul and I met on June 27th, so that is special date for us. We found out after we got engaged that his great grandparents had gotten married on June 27, 1900 exactly 100 years to the day that we met. We loved the connection. :yay:

I really have to look at my pins this week and make sure that I have enough for each event. I have added some guests since I started and want to be done with this sooner rather than later.

Sweet Bethie
Just catching up on your wonderful PJ!!!
The girls look so cute in their dresses. I think that they will go really well with that pretty necklace and earrings set.
Etsy is so addictive isn't it? I was on it all the time when planning our VR and I will, no doubt, be on it a whole lot more when the serious planning for the 'Nifty Fifty Fiesta' really starts after Christmas.
I love the hair flowers and bag too - great finds!!!!

Hi Joanne! Thanks for catching up. I hadn't seen you post in a while and wondered where you were. Thanks for the compliments. Etsy is bad! I need to stop looking. And they even have an app for the iphone! I can look at it wherever I am. :laughing: Can't wait to read about your fiesta. That should be fun.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas or Hannukah. Ours was good. Paul is off this week, so it's nice to be home and have nothing to do or places to go.

We have a plan to at least start some of the DIY projects this week, so hopefully we will have some pics to post soon. Paul is much more patient when it comes to cutting things, so he will be put to work doing that.

The crowns arrived last week and the girls love them! Yay!! They looked fabulous on them. I can't wait to see it all put together.

The hair flowers arrived today and they are beautiful. On one or two of them, I noticed that the pearls formed a hidden Mickey. Only you ladies will undertand that. I didn't realize till I paid for them that they were coming from Poland, but they arrived in a little over a week.

The clutch was sent yesterday from Ireland, so hopefully it will be here soon. She sent me some preview pics, which I will try to get up before the weekend.

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy new year! Thanks for all your comments and support. I truly appreciate it. Be back soon with more updates!

Just jumping in here - I have to say, you had me at "Bruce fan".

I was already in love with you and your husband - we speak the same language! :lmao:

Okay, I have to go back and read every detail now!

I am sitting here waiting for the Disney Dining system to flip over at midnight and realize that it is our 180 day mark so I can make dining reservations for our PS trip in June. So, I figured I would post the pictures of the completed clutch. I am absolutely in love with it! :love::lovestruc

clutch.jpg

clutch3.jpg

This one shows the lining and the custom label she made for me. It also shows where the chain goes.
clutch2.jpg

I can't wait to get it!

OMG Bethie, I love the clutch!!!! It's SO pretty! The color is perfect, and the lining is amazing. She did a great job.

I definitely think you should get a pashmina. I wonder if you could find a pink one with little silver streaks in it? Or have someone on etsy make that for you? Just a little bit of silver to make it SPARKLE, you know? I'm an enabler, what can I say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter