baby swap question

jasonpicken

Mouseketeer
this is my first time at disneyland with a baby. she'll be 14 months old when we go. my wife and i would still like to ride things like indy and space mtn. anyone done that baby swap thing? how does it work? thanks pirate:

Not all rides work the same, but basically you either walk up to the person at near the front of the line (some lines they are more in the center than where the line acutally starts). Usually it will be closest to where the Fast Pass Entrance is if they have one. Ask for a child switch pass. They will hand you one and the rest of your party gets in line and rides the ride. Then when they are done, you and one other person take the pass and ride the ride. Some rides they will allow you to wait in most of the line with your party, and either stand off right before the ride starts or exit and come back when it is over. They prefer you get the pass at the begining of the line, but it's not always easy to find the begining.

If there are only 2 of you another trick we use is to use the single rider line. What we generally do is go up and get a child switch pass, and then the other person gets in the single rider line if that ride has one. (You can also do the same with Fast Pass, have the person riding get and use a fast pass). Then when they come off use the child switch pass. In the case of rides with fast pass, you will almost always be put in the fast pass line with a child switch pass. Those rides without will either send you through the single rider line (if they have it) or through the exit usually. Each ride is a bit different.

Grizzly river run, and Splash mountain are great rides to ride single rider. Sometimes Splash will have a bit of a long single rider line (as well as Soarin) but if the regular line is huge it is worth it. If you have fast pass that is a better advantage over single rider a lot of times. Mostly because there is no way to know how long it will take for single rider.

As for Single rider, parties can use it (and if we go without our daughter we will occasionally ride Splash this way if we want to get on and its a 2+ hour line). However be aware that most CMs will not let parties ride together. They will either only let one single rider in a car even if there is room for more than one, or they will take someone who they are sure isn't from the same party. I have seen people get to ride together, but usually they try to prevent it.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter