back 1/7, tangeriene cafe and Jiko's

Faline

DIS Veteran
DAY TWO:

Lunch this day at Tangeriene Cafe. DS and girlfriend shared Lamb shawarma platter and DH and I shared chicken and lamb Shawarma platter. They only offer baklava for dessert. One of our favorite counter service restaurants. Love the shawarma platters. Everything DELICIOUS. My only complaint is that I don't like baklava as it is just too sweet. But the other food is just so good dessert doesn't really matter. HEY, did I really say that?! I, who could live on dessert alone. Yes, the main course is that good.

Dinner at Jiko's- Server(Oscar) attentive and helpful.
appetizers- tase of Africa and Kenyan coffee bbq flatbread, both really, really good. Could make a meal of just the appetizers here
entrees-filet mignon with mac'n'cheese, and berbere braised lamb shank. Both good, but filet mignon the absolute best. Have had better lamb than this though. Again the four of us shared two meals and had plenty to eat.
Dessert-green apple marscapone trifle, and Jiko dream pyramid. Both delicious.

Thanks!

We're eating at Jiko during our upcoming trip and plan to share 2 meals between the 3 of us.

Thanks for the review!! We want to try one of the platters but I have not ever had lamb. What could you compare the taste to? I really want to try it but am a little hessitant. Thanks!:)

I don't exactly know what to compare the taste of lamb to, but it is sooo good. If you have ever had a gyro, they are usually made with lamb. If you aren't sure, try the combo platter with chicken and lamb. It really is a lot of food. Even if you end up not liking the lamb, you should have plenty to eat.

Faline,

Thanks!! I guess I will just have to try it and see! Thanks again for the wonderful reviews!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter