Back from HH....what a lovely time!

lsyorke

DIS Veteran
We've never "done" Hilton Head but wanted something within a single days driving distance, so HH it was.
Arrived late on Friday to our 2bd villa. Spent two days on the beach, which is about a mile away(84 degrees), we drove over, but shuttle is available. The beach house is very pretty and Signals was a nice place to grab a quick bite. Saw a shark one day, which was a new experience.

Spent on day at the pool, hit the outlets, went to Lawton stables(DSG is a huge animal fan), saw Shadow and Blue, and attempted to go kayaking, but alas...rain and cold rolled in and it was cancelled. All in all a very relaxing 5 days.

Food...We "yelped" for good local food and weren't disappointed!
Bullies BBQ! Not much to look at but some of the best ribs I've ever had!(went here twice, LOL! )
Low country backyard: Short wait(30 minutes) and worth every second. DS had the crab cakes, DSG and I had the bischick....both meals were amazing!
Banana pudding topped it off.
Sea Shack: not fancy, but delicious seafood.We did take out on this and ate on the deck of the villa.

The villa was as expected. As few glitches, an very leaky coffee pot, replaced quickly after drowning the counter top. The couch and chairs...they really need to do a bit better. Some of the most uncomfortable furniture ever.

All in all and wonderful trip, very different from the Disney World trips we usually do and a very nice break. Staff is attentive and friendly.

I haven't heard anything. Most of the room is lovely, but darn, that couch is awful, LOL!

I wonder if HHI is getting renovated any time soon?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that they're getting an extensive renovation in 2014. We're going to be there in November, and I plan to ask some of the CMs I know there for details. Whattya mean, that couch is awful? Don't you like the "eject-couch"?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that they're getting an extensive renovation in 2014. We're going to be there in November, and I plan to ask some of the CMs I know there for details. Whattya mean, that couch is awful? Don't you like the "eject-couch"?

lol! Luckily no one had to use it as a bed...darn, it was bad enough as a couch. But that said, enjoyed every minute there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter