Back from the BCV!!!

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
Just back from a quick 3 night stay at the BCV - and oh, my goodness gracious, was it hot!!!!! I've never been out in such heat for such an extended period - it was probably close to the same temperature and humidity in my mid-NC hometown, but I stay inside when it's that hot at home!!!! Record-breaking heat in Orlando for the three days we were there...

but we had a great trip!!!! The BCV were beautiful as always, and we were welcomed by the nice greeter and very pleasant staff. As a matter of fact, I made it a point to observe cast members, since I read often about the lack of service, but either those are exaggerations or someone's been to training, because everyone was amazingly nice and helpful. Even the young woman earning her ears dealt pleasantly with the JERK who threw his credit card across the counter and complained because the computers were down and he was asked for his name and address in order to be checked in manually. (This turned out to be the day that computers were down all over the nation, so if that was you, mister, you were REALLY a jerk.)

Can't wait to return to the BCV, but maybe next time we'll go in December!!!!

Hi,

Glad you had a good time!!! I can't wait to go back in May! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for sharing! I am glad you had a good stay. As you can see we are headed there on Tues. and since you said it was so hot, I just checked the forecast for our stay and they are showing "real feels" at over 110 degrees, WOW! I hope you spent a lot of time at SAB. I think we will have to. Again thanks for posting! :flower:

We never put a toe in the water - as usual, when we were actually there we couldn't wait to get to the parks!!!! We had just spent five days in Key West, though, (the real one, not the DVC property!) and we swam there when we weren't busy being tourists. It was a great vacation!!!

I'll tell you what saved us in the parks, though - cutting through any and all buildings that were air-conditioned, whenever we could. Not only down Main Street, but through Innoventions and MouseGear in Epcot - any time we could get from point A to point B by going through a door we did it!!! And, choosing rides even if we weren't thrilled about them, for the chance to sit down and rest and cool off (Maelstrom comes to mind, although we did enjoy it the first time - but I was still hot so had to ride again!!)

Also, if you know it's going to be a real scorcher, plan on staying in one location for a few hours. We did this in The land and The Living Seas - had a meal at The Coral Reef one day, and in The Land the next. You can really beat some of the heat that way as well.

Thanks for the report. sounds like you had a wonderful time despite the heat. :flower:

Thanks Liz for the pointers. Glad you had a great vacation. I have never been to Key West, but my brother tells me it is real nice. Glad you had fun!! :flower:

Yeah I tell DH I'm just walking through the shops for the AC too....he never believes me though. :cool1:

We were at WDW in May and one day it was particularly hot and humid. We were really feeling uncomfortable and looking for a place to go for a few minutes to cool off. We were in Epcot passing through China so we decided to go watch the movie about China. To our surprise, it was really interesting! I'm so glad we did this. You just never know what you might discover when escaping from the heat at WDW.

Glad you had such a great time!

Glad to hear you had a great time despite the heat! Can't wait to get back to BCV in March!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter