Back to the World (Disney that is) Day 6

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 6

Up at about 7ish this morning for the usual caffeine pick me up courtesy of Dad (well it would be rude not to accept the offer wouldn’t it?). After last night’s dinner we both didn’t fancy breakfast very much so decided after matching shorts to top to baseball cap to head on over to Universal Studios and activate the Annual pass – yessss!

The I4 wasn’t too bad and off at Junction 30a I think to Universal. Parked in Spiderman after being pointed in the wrong direction by a Cast Member and walked through Citywalk to the good, old Universal Studios. Have to say that I just love hearing the sounds and music played over the speakers on route.

Once inside, headed over to the back of the park to ride Back to the Future, still a good ride but these days it’s way too bumpy and shaky, needs a complete revamp in my opinion. Afterwards, saw Doc Brown explaining to a young couple how the flux capacitor works in the Deloreon.

Had a venture into the World Expo and ended up joining Will Smith on some sort of ride (ha ha) but can’t really remember a lot, something to do with a neuralisor – lol. Did remember to push the red button and scored about 300,000 points, Dad didn’t but we did it twice more in a row…

Wandered over to Amity and took a little boat trip – you’ll never guess what we saw, a SHARK! Got a lot wet but promised the guide that we wouldn’t say anything about the shark so don’t tell anyone will you? Did it again just to be sure that we weren’t seeing things, no we weren’t!

Had a coffee and a cake at Boardwalk Funnel Cake Co as we were feeling peckish at this point.

Then we took a tram ride but oh my goodness, there’s a giant gorilla there. We survived but boy was it close.

Thought we’d calm down by taking a subway ride but should have known something was up by the name – “Earthquake”. I’ve never seen a place like this – LOL..

After that, we saw a strange character, the ghost with the most, Beetlegeuse hanging around the New York library. Wondering what he was up to (nothing good, you can imagine), we heard a siren and Ecto1 came skidding to a halt and out popped the Extreme Ghostbusters. I have to say that the show was superb as they get turned into their worst nightmare by the big B, I won’t say any more except to say that I got some great photos.

Feeling peckish again, we ate at the Monsters Café, excellent scenery but for the life of me I can’t remember what we ate, although I’m sure Dad had some sort of soup, he’s addicted to the stuff.

Spent some money in the shops and got the paper Annual passes exchanged for the plastic photocards.

Back to base via Walmart and more provisions, lemon beer and more potato chips.

Had a quick shower each, watched some tv and then headed over to Bob Evans for some dinner, chicken and wildfire sauce. Back to base again, a little tv, some buds and a time to fill out the postcards I bought.

NB: Quick tip, buy your stamps at the Post Office, there’s one on the Orange Blossom Trail near Costco and one in Celebration – you only pay the face value for the stamps.

Night

Greg

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter